Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Wes on the Right

Given that Wes is difficult to accomodate in a 4-4-2 would it be worth giving him a go on the right wing.

Making the assumption that which ever wing he plays on he will come inside 9 times out of 10. Why play him on the left when he coming inside onto his weaker foot. On the right he''d still come inside but would be coming onto his left.

Although there is a gulf in class, Lionel Messi is a very left footed player and only plays on the right, Ronaldinho plays on the left.

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]

Although there is a gulf in class, Lionel Messi is a very left footed player and only plays on the right, Ronaldinho plays on the left.[/quote]Regardless of differing ability neither of them play in a 4-4-2. If we haven''t got the players to play an effective 4-4-2 then we shouldn''t bother with it. The diamond has been faltering of late but I think we should be wary of doing that very English thing and automatically reaching for the comfort blanket that is 4-4-2. Surely other formations are available to us?

Cant work out why we have the best creative player in the league and loads of people want to either drop him or play him where he is pants. The same people were worrying about him being sold in January.

Lambert is king as per usual talking sense. Dudley, did you see us on the BBC coverage of the game? walking outside the ground? Just after Hucks walked passed us.

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"][quote user="Lambert is King"]No I did not was it the news programme the day after ? I will look on iplayer[/quote]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/default.stm  2-3 secs in. Blink and you''ll miss it.. I only noticed it because I could remember walking passed the camera on the ground :)[/quote]

Cheers well spotted

It is very simple, they both can play in the same team, Wes is most effective in the middle, it''s simple, as it''s been said, a diamond with him and Rusty in the middle with Mcnamee and either Lappin or Smith will work wonders, as long as the front two stay up front, down the middle.

Its harsh but for me McNamee would start the Oldham game on the bench. We were very fortunate on Tuesday. We chanced our arm and got away with it. Away from home in tough conditions I would go back to basics.

---------------------------------Forster-----------------------------

Martin--------------Nelson-----------------Doherty-----------Rose

-------------------------------Gill----------------------------------

-------------------Smith---------------Lappin--------------------

---------------------------Hoolahan------------------------------

-------------------Johnson--------Holt------------------------