Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Continued site problems beyond a joke

The continued site problems are beyond a joke now.  I know we don''t pay to use the site and forums, but why are their constant problems and glitches? 

Is anything being planned to PERMANENTLY sort out these issues?

What is the problem, there are millions of websites that don''t suffer the problems that this one does.  Is it a lack of funding or a lack of effort/knowledge?

[N][:@]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

I blame Pete..........

[B]

[/quote]

If you would stop widdling on the tele poles then it would not short the broadband which would not mess up his site.

BAD DOG[;)]

I tried to log on at around 2 o''clock and I have only just got on!

I felt naked without pinkun for the last hour and a half! I want compensation, for Christ sake I had to work while the forum was down, work!! The world has gone mad....

Utterly irrelevant.  They could just download a free copy of something like "simple machines forum" software which is used by tens of thousands of sites, stick it on a £30 a month server and get less issues than they have now.The issue is Archant insist on having their own servers and also using microsoft server which means they have to use rubbish forum software![quote user="a1canary"]Guys, chill. This is a free service after all.[/quote]

Oh and we may not actually pay for this forum, but the amount of people who use it means that Archant can make money from adverts placed at the bottom of the page.

For info:We are currently migrating all of our sites to new servers so a bit of downtime will be experienced while its being moved. Hopefully it will settle down and be more stable by the weekend.I blame Pete as well [;)]

[quote user="Barbie"]For info:We are currently migrating all of our sites to new servers so a bit of downtime will be experienced while its being moved. Hopefully it will settle down and be more stable by the weekend.I blame Pete as well [;)]

[/quote]Thanks for letting us know.[Y]

[quote user="ref89"]Utterly irrelevant.  They could just download a free copy of something like "simple machines forum" software which is used by tens of thousands of sites, stick it on a £30 a month server and get less issues than they have now.

The issue is Archant insist on having their own servers and also using microsoft server which means they have to use rubbish forum software!

[quote user="a1canary"]Guys, chill. This is a free service after all.[/quote][/quote]

Chilling is relevant though!

There are lots of things to get stressed about these days. Football chat forums are not one of them.

[quote user="ref89"]Utterly irrelevant.  They could just download a free copy of something like "simple machines forum" software which is used by tens of thousands of sites, stick it on a £30 a month server and get less issues than they have now.

The issue is Archant insist on having their own servers and also using microsoft server which means they have to use rubbish forum software!

[quote user="a1canary"]Guys, chill. This is a free service after all.[/quote][/quote]

Does Archant also insist on you using it?

No, well it is free and we have no right to demand anything.  If it is so easy then set up your own message board.

[quote user="morty"]Oh and we may not actually pay for this forum, but the amount of people who use it means that Archant can make money from adverts placed at the bottom of the page.

[/quote]

So don''t use it then. It is free to us and we have a choice whether we come on here or not.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"]

I blame Pete..........

[B][/quote]If you would stop widdling on the tele poles then it would not short the broadband which would not mess up his site.

BAD DOG[;)][/quote]Anything that tall is fair game and deserves peeing on.........

Now get out of my way Buttles, I  can feel one coming on![:D][:D]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]Oh and we may not actually pay for this forum, but the amount of people who use it means that Archant can make money from adverts placed at the bottom of the page.

[/quote]

So don''t use it then. It is free to us and we have a choice whether we come on here or not.

[/quote]Lol, who rattled your cage?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barbie"]For info:

We are currently migrating all of our sites to new servers so a bit of downtime will be experienced while its being moved. Hopefully it will settle down and be more stable by the weekend.

I blame Pete as well [;)]

[/quote]

Thanks for letting us know.

[Y]
[/quote]

Yes, thank you[Y]

Its a commercial site.. so being down so often is poor customer relations.

Remember, part of the rational for getting rid of the newspaper was the better service that could be provided on-line.

So time for them to step up to the plate.. (Yank term that one)

I reckon Roeder''s in charge and has instituted a policy of renting miscellaneous technicians and spare parts from all over the place.[:''(]

Now what we really need is for that Archant chappie on the NCFC board - yeh, the one with that moustache - to realise what bloody awful public relations this whole fiasco is and get McNally on the job pronto. Bowkett understands, he''ll lend him Mr Fixit for a couple of hours or so.

Now Pete, Barbie from Archant Towers reckons it''s your fault. I do hope you and McNally get along......[;)]

OTBC

Based on the evidence I would say this forum is not somewhere people come to chill out![quote user="a1canary"]

[quote user="ref89"]Utterly irrelevant.  They could just download a free copy of something like "simple machines forum" software which is used by tens of thousands of sites, stick it on a £30 a month server and get less issues than they have now.The issue is Archant insist on having their own servers and also using microsoft server which means they have to use rubbish forum software![quote user="a1canary"]Guys, chill. This is a free service after all.[/quote][/quote]

Chilling is relevant though!

There are lots of things to get stressed about these days. Football chat forums are not one of them.

[/quote]

I have, in the past, stated that we should not complain too much because this is a free site (the argument about adverts is petty IMHO) but the technical issues and resultant downtime are annoying and quite frankly not up to the standards expected of a large media group. Don''t know whether the problem lies with the hardware, software or the staff  but judging by the lack of information from the guys behind the scenes I do believe that they are embarrased about it and just as fed up with it as we are.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

The continued site problems are beyond a joke now.  I know we don''t pay to use the site and forums, but why are their constant problems and glitches? 

Is anything being planned to PERMANENTLY sort out these issues?

What is the problem, there are millions of websites that don''t suffer the problems that this one does.  Is it a lack of funding or a lack of effort/knowledge?

[N][:@]

[/quote]

As much as I love the pinkun I have to admit that the problems over the past couple of months particularly are getting annoying. I can''t think of any other football forums that I use that has as many problems as this one and it is time it was sorted out once and for all.

Has been really slow for me again this past hour - grrrrrrrrrr