Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Fernandes was guest of the board last night

[quote user="B A Baracus"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Hmmm read the thread and listened to the bit on Anglia news, and can''t really say it got me excited.  I would like to know what the questions were that were asked, my guess is this could get fans hopes up only for them to be dashed.[/quote] But why get your hopes up, be cynical and pessimistic like me and you will NEVER be disappointed :o) ANYTHING you read is all bollox until it happens, so just take it as cobblers to keep the riff raff amused I love Delia and her prudence[/quote]

Are you doing that crap quote thing on purpose?

I now have a link to confirm he was at Carrow Rd with McNally last night, although lots about it to make it easy listen to the short peice from 60 minutes straight after Lamberts interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p006hkdy/Chris_Goreham_At_Breakfast_24_02_2010/

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]No he wasn''t, he was in France, Michael Bailey confirmed this on his twitter...[/quote]

that''s what happens if you believe ''junior reporters''

[/quote]Too harsh... ;)Clearly he wasn''t in France. Considering he seemed surprised to find out there was a game on last night when I asked him, it was either a bit of kidology on his part or a late invitation.We''ll see how it all pans out.

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]No he wasn''t, he was in France, Michael Bailey confirmed this on his twitter...[/quote]

that''s what happens if you believe ''junior reporters''

[/quote]

Too harsh... ;)

Clearly he wasn''t in France. Considering he seemed surprised to find out there was a game on last night when I asked him, it was either a bit of kidology on his part or a late invitation.

We''ll see how it all pans out.
[/quote]

Could it not have been mock surprise? As the Americans would say: you got owned.

There was a bit on Anglia tonight about it with McNally showing him around the pitch/stadium before the game.

[quote user="cityangel"]There was a bit on Anglia tonight about it with McNally showing him around the pitch/stadium before the game.[/quote]

Yep, 100% in your face, with you''re own two eyes proof now.

Come in Ferdi, poor in a nice £20 million for some players please. When I win the Lotto, I''ll do the same.

The Gentleman in question, was most definitely sat in the Director''s Box.....Although, I add, he was sat nowhere near to our Majority Shareholding Duo.....

Maybe the Gentleman in question, would prefer to decide how his investment is to be spent - if he was ever to invest?

[quote user="city till i die"]im waiting untill posts like, "well the share holders hasnt been informed yet"[/quote]OK I`ll go for it ;)"Well the share holders have not been informed yet"LMAOSorry had to be said after you asked for it

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]But they have to do they not?[/quote]

---

The shareholders of a company have to be informed as soon as someone contemplating a takeover tells the directors of that company that he or she has formed the "firm intention" to make a bid.

We never got to that stage with Cullum (he merely outlined an informal proposal) and it is a fair guess that we are not quite there yet with someone who had apparently never set foot inside Carrow Road until this week.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]But they have to do they not?[/quote] --- The shareholders of a company have to be informed as soon as someone contemplating a takeover tells the directors of that company that he or she has formed the "firm intention" to make a bid. We never got to that stage with Cullum (he merely outlined an informal proposal) and it is a fair guess that we are not quite there yet with someone who had apparently never set foot inside Carrow Road until this week.[/quote]

INVESTMENT not take over.

So they issue all those waiting shares, "dilute" their holding BUT still retain a single majority and get money in.

With all he has on his plate I doubt he would wish the daily running of the club.

That leaves McNally in place and Bowkett able to persue his new directorships.

Everyone who has money involved happy and dear Delia still the figurehead.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]But they have to do they not?[/quote] --- The shareholders of a company have to be informed as soon as someone contemplating a takeover tells the directors of that company that he or she has formed the "firm intention" to make a bid. We never got to that stage with Cullum (he merely outlined an informal proposal) and it is a fair guess that we are not quite there yet with someone who had apparently never set foot inside Carrow Road until this week.[/quote]

So they issue all those waiting shares, "dilute" their holding BUT still retain a single majority and get money in.

With all he has on his plate I doubt he would wish the daily running of the club.

[/quote]

Are you posting this in that you know something or are you speculating that this may be the case? His intentions were for a complete takeover at West Ham so I''d guess he must feel he does have the time to be involved with a football club, he''d probably just designate Mcnally and co to run it for him. I think much depends on what Delia feels about the whole thing and whether she actually wants to sell or not.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

---

As far as minority investment goes that is (generally) true, Butler. I was pointing out the rules on a takeover because that is what some posters have been talking about.

Of course, we don''t know if those shares are still available - only that they were at the end of the last financial year. The new directors may have bought some or all.

But it has been one of my (many?) hobby horses that these shares have been there for a rich fan to buy.

In terms of detail, my electronic fag packet tells me they would (IF still available) raise £960,000, and reduce Smith and Jones''s holding from 61.2 per cent to 59.3 per cent.

---

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote] --- As far as minority investment goes that is (generally) true, Butler. I was pointing out the rules on a takeover because that is what some posters have been talking about. Of course, we don''t know if those shares are still available - only that they were at the end of the last financial year. The new directors may have bought some or all. But it has been one of my (many?) hobby horses that these shares have been there for a rich fan to buy. In terms of detail, my electronic fag packet tells me they would (IF still available) raise £960,000, and reduce Smith and Jones''s holding from 61.2 per cent to 59.3 per cent. ---[/quote]

Thanks for the earlier explanation PC, much appreciated.

That was roughly my calculations.

Bowkett has made it VERY plain that he would not invest further and I haven''t seen anything from the other "new" director indicating his (if any) holding.

McNally has also stated that he does not have "spare money" to invest.

So educated guess says thay are still available.

Would give Fernandes a starting point to "check things out" and leave it open for further purchases (in easy stages) from .......???

50/50 PC or are you holding out as well[:D]

[quote user="woody"]"50/50 PC or are you holding out as well"

Is Purple Canary rich then?[/quote]Was it humphrey Littleton that said "The only way for a jazz musician to become a millionaire is to start out with 9 million" ? The same thing applies to football club owners I reckon.  I''m sure Purple is sensible enough to avoid doing anything silly with his money.

[quote user="woody"]"50/50 PC or are you holding out as well" Is Purple Canary rich then?[/quote]

Not talking out of turn here but he is as rich as that foreign bloke Creosote![;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote] --- As far as minority investment goes that is (generally) true, Butler. I was pointing out the rules on a takeover because that is what some posters have been talking about. Of course, we don''t know if those shares are still available - only that they were at the end of the last financial year. The new directors may have bought some or all. But it has been one of my (many?) hobby horses that these shares have been there for a rich fan to buy. In terms of detail, my electronic fag packet tells me they would (IF still available) raise £960,000, and reduce Smith and Jones''s holding from 61.2 per cent to 59.3 per cent. ---[/quote]

Thanks for the earlier explanation PC, much appreciated.

[/quote]No trouble, WAY. All part of my job as resident nerd![8-|]As to blah''s view of my financial sagacity, that probably depends on whether you think my just having bought my ticket in the reading room of the British Museum (otherwise known as the Jarrold Stand) for the season 2014/2015 is staggeringly far-sighted or gobsmackingly over-optimistic...

Don''t know how many of you follow Mr Fernandes'' twitter page, but last night the company he is CEO of (Airasia) announced net profit of 600 million Malaysian Ringgit, which converts to 115 million pounds sterling.

Wonder if it will be his bonus he invests in City? And if he was waiting for the news of this success before putting in a firm offer to the club.

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Don''t know how many of you follow Mr Fernandes'' twitter page, but last night the company he is CEO of (Airasia) announced net profit of 600 million Malaysian Ringgit, which converts to 115 million pounds sterling.

Wonder if it will be his bonus he invests in City? And if he was waiting for the news of this success before putting in a firm offer to the club.

[/quote]

Didn''t know their currency was based round dear Smudger[:D]

[quote]As to blah''s view of my financial sagacity, that probably depends on

whether you think my just having bought my ticket in the reading room

of the British Museum (otherwise known as the Jarrold Stand) for the

season 2014/2015 is staggeringly far-sighted or gobsmackingly

over-optimistic..[/quote]Do the ticket computers think that far ahead ? [:o]

---

Well, this computer was called Marvin…

Moving back to Fernandesgate, this is the way to look at it – poor old Tony is like a man dumped at the altar after a long-standing (unrequited) love affair in favour of an East End wide boy and has now been set up by some well-meaning friends on a blind date with an unattached forty-something.

In this analogy the unrequited whatsit, of course, is with West Ham, the true love of his life. The wide boy is David Sullivan, the well-meaning friends are Lotus chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne and F1 presenter Jake Humphreys (both Canary fans) and the forty-something waiting nervously in the restaurant is Delia.

And, as with this kind of stuff in real life, the probable truth is that none of the three parties has really the slightest idea YET how this will end.

The match-makers (I gather now aided by willing helpers on something called Twitter) almost certainly didn’t have a firm idea at the outset what they were hoping for, and still may not.

Fernandes (who if I’ve understood things correctly wasn’t intending to go to Tuesday’s game because he didn’t know there WAS a game, and changed his plans when so informed) is still coming to terms with pretty much everything to do with Norwich City.

And Norwich City probably don’t know quite what to make of the interest (if there IS any) from someone for whom the club effectively didn’t exist until very recently.

---

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]--- Well, this computer was called Marvin… Moving back to Fernandesgate, this is the way to look at it – poor old Tony is like a man dumped at the altar after a long-standing (unrequited) love affair in favour of an East End wide boy and has now been set up by some well-meaning friends on a blind date with an unattached forty-something. In this analogy the unrequited whatsit, of course, is with West Ham, the true love of his life. The wide boy is David Sullivan, the well-meaning friends are Lotus chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne and F1 presenter Jake Humphreys (both Canary fans) and the forty-something waiting nervously in the restaurant is Delia. And, as with this kind of stuff in real life, the probable truth is that none of the three parties has really the slightest idea YET how this will end. The match-makers (I gather now aided by willing helpers on something called Twitter) almost certainly didn’t have a firm idea at the outset what they were hoping for, and still may not. Fernandes (who if I’ve understood things correctly wasn’t intending to go to Tuesday’s game because he didn’t know there WAS a game, and changed his plans when so informed) is still coming to terms with pretty much everything to do with Norwich City. And Norwich City probably don’t know quite what to make of the interest (if there IS any) from someone for whom the club effectively didn’t exist until very recently. ---[/quote]

That''s a minute of my life I won''t get back. Jesus wept.