Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Charlton Losing Again

think we need to sort our recent shaky performances out before worrying what Charlton do, they have been out of the automatic picture for some time now.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose"]

Bye bye Charlton [:D]

4-horse race now.

[/quote]

4 horse race? whos that then?

Norwich, Leeds, ColU and Swindon I presume, but you cant honestly think Swindon are going to challenge us?

[quote user="Boyo"]4 horse race? whos that then?

Norwich, Leeds, ColU and Swindon I presume, but you cant honestly think Swindon are going to challenge us?

[/quote]Why can''t Swindon challenge us? If they win their two games in hand they''ll only be 4 points off us. They have just as much chance as Colchester do and with Paynter and Austin potentially the best strikeforce in the league.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Boyo"]4 horse race? whos that then?

[/quote]
Why can''t Swindon challenge us? If they win their two games in hand they''ll only be 4 points off us. They have just as much chance as Colchester do and with Paynter and Austin potentially the best strikeforce in the league.
[/quote]

Apart from Paynter and Austin who else half decent do they have?  No strength in depth and apart from their front two they have an average League 1 team, they are just on good form.

And how can that be the best front two when you''ve got Holt and Martin, Lambert and Barnard, Beckford and Becchio? 

Swindon are our biggest threat. Ive said this for a while, they have sneaked up there without anyone giving them credit, play good football, great home record.....and we have to go there yet!!!

7 shots for Southend 15 shots for Charlton

Southend have done well to hold on to the lead with 10 men for so long but it does sound like they are only just hanging on now. grrrrrrrr

6 mins of extra time - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

edited as I type, Charlton score in 92nd min

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Boyo"]4 horse race? whos that then?

[/quote]
Why can''t Swindon challenge us? If they win their two games in hand they''ll only be 4 points off us. They have just as much chance as Colchester do and with Paynter and Austin potentially the best strikeforce in the league.
[/quote]

In fact if they win their 2 games in hand and beat us they would only be one point behind. Unfortunately, I can see that happening.

Shame, a draw or a defeat there would have effectively removed Charlton from the automatic promotion chase. Not that we can complain.Gotta feel sorry for Southend!

[quote user="fonejacker"]think we need to sort our recent shaky performances out before worrying what Charlton do, they have been out of the automatic picture for some time now.
[/quote]

You reckon so?

People, the season is still very young, stop ruling people out, like you are doing with Swindon. 2 wins for their games in hand and beat us and they will be right in the mix.