Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Oli wins a punter £101,000.26

I wonder if this guys celebrations were better than Lamberts last night when Oli scored

For those of you who like a nice happy story and love to see the bookmakers get a hammering William Hill were reporting today ( radio Norfolk news ) that yesteday a guy placed an 11 team accumalator 50 p bet. He was about to rip his ticket up as 9 were in, Man Utd were winning 3 - 0 however his last team were Norwich to win at 4/9. Obviously up steps Oli thanks very much the guy won just over £101,000 for his 50 pence bet.

Personally I think after he has bought Oli a quick pint, he should say thankyou properly by investing at least 1/2 his winnings in the club.

Good luck to the guy well done and comiserations to William Hill

Bloody hell! Who were the other teams he had? Charlton let me down for an 8 team and that would of paid 140 quid for 2quid bet.

50p to £101,000 in only an 11 team accumalator, he must have had some good odds, looks impossible to me! everyweek i put £10 on a 10 team one and usually win once a season and the most i''ve won from that is about 3k

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]looks impossible to me! [/quote]Needs an average odds of 100/33 across all 11 bets to achieve it.  If there is an outsider (say 20/1, it makes the rest 5/2)

Dont take the won all that money off 50p literally!

He won it off a 50p line doesnt say how many lines and perms he had!

Here is the link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p006hkf6

Go to 2 mins 26 seconds, if you then want to find the whole story you will have to search, certainly on the news bulletins but definitely 11 50p and £100,000. Maybe they were correct scores or something but after saying that they quote Norwich at 4/9

Good Luck to the guy love to see people take money from the bookies [:D]

Wernt correct scores!

Was all on singles and outright results!

Like i said just because it was a single 50p line doesnt mean the bet only cost 50p

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]looks impossible to me! [/quote]Needs an average odds of 100/33 across all 11 bets to achieve it.  If there is an outsider (say 20/1, it makes the rest 5/2)[/quote]

Many 20/1 games on last night were there? he had us at 4/9 and Man utd wouldn''t have been better than that

[quote user="CDMullins"]How do you know this?

I work for Hills and didnt realised it had been released.[/quote]

I have now put the link on hope that helps. radio Norfolk. Let us know he did it then CD as quite right 50 p does not seem to add up. I am sure later there was a guy on from William Hill talking about it - but only think

I probably shouldnt really, considering I work in security! All though the Pink''un message board is unlikly to get back to my boss, Im not going to risk my job.

All I will say is that 50p lines and perms can add up to a hell of a lot! A real hell of a lot!

[quote user="CDMullins"]I probably shouldnt really, considering I work in security! All though the Pink''un message board is unlikly to get back to my boss, Im not going to risk my job.

All I will say is that 50p lines and perms can add up to a hell of a lot! A real hell of a lot![/quote]

But for my credibility CD I take it you can confirm Radio Norfolks story is true and involved Olis late goal

For your credibitlity I can confirm a punter won £101,000.26 from a 50p line and his last team to win was the Canaries!

Thanks CD. Maybe it was Smudger as hes been quiet tonight out celebrateing maybe. If it was I would have prefered Lappin to have scored the winning goal - bet he would have loved him forever then.

maybe it was a southend player? or their chairman.... they are cash strapped!!

;););)

[quote user="Big Slob"]It''s impossible to win 100k off a 50p 11 team accumulator. Especially with teams such as Man Utd in it
[/quote]

must have gone for a few scores?!

A 50p "perms" line must''ve had a total stake approaching £1,000 on that many teams, surely? So maybe not such a risk free little flutter.