Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

Parrachute Payments

im i right in saying when we came down from the premiership we got 16 million pounds for 2 seasons?? i never thought it was that much to tell you the truth, i know im a few years behind here but were the flock has that money gone??and is there the same kind of thing from being relagated from the championship?? just wondered had a discussion with a rather drunk man in the pub this evening!

[quote user="city till i die"]just wondered had a discussion with a rather drunk man in the pub this evening![/quote]Me too! But my drunk had an answer: "parachute payments from the Championship are currently two bags of Skips and a shell."Make of that what you will.

And all I can say is Portsmoth have managed to Conn everyone, they bluffed thier way throught the courts, Staved off the winding up order and so now doing use the prem Parachute money to pay off Tax bill, Or has this been written off by the Administrator. Either way Portsmouth owners are con artists and it is part of the players fault as well( high wages)   

[quote user="pete_norw"]

And all I can say is Portsmoth have managed to Conn everyone, they bluffed thier way throught the courts, Staved off the winding up order and so now doing use the prem Parachute money to pay off Tax bill, Or has this been written off by the Administrator. Either way Portsmouth owners are con artists and it is part of the players fault as well( high wages)   

[/quote]Administration doesn''t mean they have avoided winding up, only that it is delayed, if the Administrator can''t agree a settlement with the creditors then he is bound to sell the assets and pay out what he can. When Bates bought Leeds the deal was delayed while he negotiated a settlement with HMRC, in the end I think he paid 10p in the £ to them other creditors settled for various other deals. They will come out with much reduced debts but a destroyed credit rating, no liquid cash for player purchases/increased wages and no money to expand that shed of a stadium. The only way they can come back is with private investment, but they are no longer an especially attractive proposition.

Im hoping that we go up and Newcastle, West Brom and Middlesborough all make their way back to the premire league.... That way we get the maxium amount of the share when they divide up their 2 years worth of paracute payments!