Sign in to follow this  
John couper

Losing the will to live

According to the telegraph so admitedly not very likely we are set to sign one Asmat el Ouargui, 16 years old of Danish club Hvidore. If this is the case can anyone explain why this would be of any use whatsoever. If he would be coming in to the youth system why do we need to waste time and money looking for players from denmark when the system is producing promising local strikers such as danny
crow and jarvis. Surely we should be spending our time concentrating on finding
players with some experience for january.

Have to say that is such a narrow minded view to take! I appreciate that this kid is not going to be the answer to our current situation but a bit of forward thinking will not do any harm, besides I would be very surprised if worthy would dedicated much of his time to it. Also our local players are just not good enough as proven with our recent run at u18 level, Norfolk players just don’t have the necessary mentality to succeed at the highest level hence y we need to look further a field. If we would have take your view the likes of Bellamy and Green would not have worn the shirt!!

[quote]According to the telegraph so admitedly not very likely we are set to sign one Asmat el Ouargui, 16 years old of Danish club Hvidore. If this is the case can anyone explain why this would be of any us...[/quote]

Umm...this deal was done and dusted either yesterday or the day before. He has really signed for the Academy so isn''t much to do with the first team unless Nigel takes a shine to him.
His signing isn''t that much of a waste of time/money because he could reinforce the Academy set-up and no money changed hands in the transfer. Plus he is the first international academy player.

This should give you a bit more information:
http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED08%20Dec%202004%2008%3A29%3A36%3A440

Absolutely stupid decision if you ask me. Next you''ll be having clubs like Arsenal and Man Utd bringing in and developing youth talent for the future 

Poor bloke, one post and he has been completely shot down, keep trying and play safe by slating the likes of Doherty, Helveg and generally the lack of ambition shown!!

Course, the lad was free and he probably commands a ''wage'' of ooooh, at least tens of pounds a week, so I think it''d probably be a little bit churlish to slag the deal off - especially if he appears in the first team in the next couple of years.
Personally, I thought he sounded good. Can''t wait to see some of the young payers breaking into the team... if Worthy lets them.

John, have you had any interest in City over recent years?  Everyone knows the club has survived and can only survive in the future if we can develop young talent.  It''s how we have always made money and had good sides.  We cannot afford to buy a new team, so we have to develop one!

NW will have spent little if any any time on this deal at all, so it''s not been a waste of resources.