Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Annoying fan's.

[quote user="K Lo"]...not as annoying as putting an apostrophe for a plural. " fans'' "? What''s that meant to mean? A quick grammar lesson... 1 fan. 2 fans. 1 fan''s ticket were £10. 2 fans'' tickets were £10 each.[/quote]

If you''re only gonna come onto a football related forum and spout about grammar at least get it right!!

1 fan''s ticket WERE £10  ???

Did make me laugh though

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Title fixed.I''m sorry but that rogue apostrophe was annoying me too much [;)][/quote]I hardly slept last night because of it.[:(]

I sit in the partially inbred section of the City Stand, and the most annoying people are those who don''t have the grasp of the laws of the game and constantly abuse the linesman.

No grasp of the advantage rule or only when its applied to Norwich, and there is a bloke who sits behind me (almost 100% certain he posts on here because of the way he talks) who constantly shouts so the frigging Jarrold stand can here, WELL DONE DOC, COME ON RUSTY, LETS GO LETS GO friggin gimp

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]who constantly shouts so the frigging Jarrold stand can here, WELL DONE DOC, COME ON RUSTY, LETS GO LETS GO friggin gimp [/quote]He shouts encouragment at the players? THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS... Why don''t the stewards do something?

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]who constantly shouts so the frigging Jarrold stand can here, WELL DONE DOC, COME ON RUSTY, LETS GO LETS GO friggin gimp [/quote]

He shouts encouragment at the players? THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS... Why don''t the stewards do something?
[/quote]

Perhaps not the best of examples Andy, but not only is their encouragement if a player puts a foot wrong he''s straight on their back, I''d say he was positive 10% of the time and 90% he is quite crude.

The bloke behind me in the ''partially inbred City Stand'' is worse than when I sat in the upper barclay and a fan behind me shouted ''I hope you die in a car accident Fotheringham, at least that way we''ll get the compo for you''

[quote user="K Lo"]...not as annoying as putting an apostrophe for a plural. " fans'' "? What''s that meant to mean?

A quick grammar lesson...

1 fan.

2 fans.

1 fan''s ticket were £10.

2 fans'' tickets were £10 each.[/quote]Huge apoligies kind Sir. Anyway, get it right yourself! [;)] I''m only a wee little boy, grammar isn''t my speciality. And I put the apostrophe, as the club own''s the fan''s, so it''s an ownership apostrophe? [;)]And if anyone is in Jarrold block O or N, Can''t remember where I sit now. Anyway there''s this new, well old chap, last few games and he wear''s this sort of old fashioned (nothing wrong, just saying), checkered coat, with a funny hat, kind of like Sherlock himself. Anyway, he''s really annoying, shout''s out the most idiotic thing''s, when he''s walking up and down the steps, he talks to a load of people, blocking my view. [:(]Also there''s this guy who sits just a few rows behing me with his grandad, complete bastard. [;)]

I wrote a piece on this very subject recently after the Walsall game. Think some guy had taken a few friends along who weren''t canaries. Cue annoying pointless drivel.

[link]http://thefuturesbleak.wordpress.com/2010/01/28/swap-seats-anyone/[/link]

The one that comes on here and spouts off like a kettle annoys me. He is about 12 and thinks putting a wink smilie makes whatever he says acceptable or perhaps even more worryingly humourous.

woman next to me in the jarrold managed to take up a good one and a half seats despite not being a large lady. Also seemed to think "Yarmy" was "Norwich"

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="K Lo"]...not as annoying as putting an apostrophe for a plural. " fans'' "? What''s that meant to mean? A quick grammar lesson... 1 fan. 2 fans. 1 fan''s ticket were £10. 2 fans'' tickets were £10 each.[/quote]

Huge apoligies kind Sir. Anyway, get it right yourself! [;)] I''m only a wee little boy, grammar isn''t my speciality.

And I put the apostrophe, as the club own''s the fan''s, so it''s an ownership apostrophe? [;)]

And if anyone is in Jarrold block O or N, Can''t remember where I sit now. Anyway there''s this new, well old chap, last few games and he wear''s this sort of old fashioned (nothing wrong, just saying), checkered coat, with a funny hat, kind of like Sherlock himself. Anyway, he''s really annoying, shout''s out the most idiotic thing''s, when he''s walking up and down the steps, he talks to a load of people, blocking my view. [:(]

Also there''s this guy who sits just a few rows behing me with his grandad, complete bastard. [;)]
[/quote]

judging by the misplaced apostrophe, i just assumed that you were a green grocer

[quote user="improper fraction"]I''m sure every fan at CR has managed to annoy at least 1 other person in their time. It''s the way we are.[/quote]I have never annoyed anybody in my life.... and I think that you are all [*][*][*][*][*]''s! 

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="K Lo"]...not as annoying as putting an apostrophe for a plural. " fans'' "? What''s that meant to mean? A quick grammar lesson... 1 fan. 2 fans. 1 fan''s ticket were £10. 2 fans'' tickets were £10 each.[/quote]

Huge apoligies kind Sir. Anyway, get it right yourself! [;)] I''m only a wee little boy, grammar isn''t my speciality.

And I put the apostrophe, as the club own''s the fan''s, so it''s an ownership apostrophe? [;)]

And if anyone is in Jarrold block O or N, Can''t remember where I sit now. Anyway there''s this new, well old chap, last few games and he wear''s this sort of old fashioned (nothing wrong, just saying), checkered coat, with a funny hat, kind of like Sherlock himself. Anyway, he''s really annoying, shout''s out the most idiotic thing''s, when he''s walking up and down the steps, he talks to a load of people, blocking my view. [:(]

Also there''s this guy who sits just a few rows behing me with his grandad, complete bastard. [;)]
[/quote]

Do you go to the same school as my son?  Your command of language seems quite similar.

[quote user="Brendo "]Also there''s this guy who sits just a few rows behing me with his grandad, complete bastard. [;)][/quote]oh really :P

Chap sits behind me to the right.

Hes always saying "jokes" and laughs out loud....none of his "friends" or anyone else around him laughs either.

Also he has an annoying habit of when shouting, exagerating his norfolk accent, and shouting shoot when Frazer forster has the ball....to which nobody laughs.

Loves the sound of his own voive.....nobody else around our area does, several people in our area think hes a idiot, and a couple have even said they are moving seats because they want to hit him.

Id say hes in his late 40s, maybe 50s.

Barclay upper tier E block...if you are on here, you are no comedien my friend.

Never sat near to a bigger prat!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Chap sits behind me to the right.

Hes always saying "jokes" and laughs out loud....none of his "friends" or anyone else around him laughs either.

Also he has an annoying habit of when shouting, exagerating his norfolk accent, and shouting shoot when Frazer forster has the ball....to which nobody laughs.

Loves the sound of his own voive.....nobody else around our area does, several people in our area think hes a idiot, and a couple have even said they are moving seats because they want to hit him.

Id say hes in his late 40s, maybe 50s.

Barclay upper tier E block...if you are on here, you are no comedien my friend.

Never sat near to a bigger prat!!![/quote]Stab him in the neck with a broken bottle, you know you want to.[;)]

[quote user="Largey"] I had one shout on 20 minutes ''Get Hughes off and bring Adeyami on! Sort it out Lambert!''. OK Hughes didnt have the best game, but jeez give the lad a chance to get into the game!

[/quote]

yes but he was sadly probably right )Well about get Hughes off anyway)

I''m a HUGE fan fan of the ''new'' Hughes, but he was pretty shit saturday

ipswich Fan''s

Leeds Fan''s

Manure Fan''s

Gloryhunters

West Ham Fan''s

Millwall Fans

Wolves Fans

Grimsby Fans

The bloke who sits behind me 2 seats to the left

Anyway that''s who i hate rant over

[quote user="Brendo "]I had these two women come and sit near me last night, and they were rather annoying, and didn''t pay much attention to the game. Do you have any consistently annoying fan''s who sit near you, and if so, what do they do? And before you say, nah, I don''t sit near you. [:)][/quote]

Idiots like you who can''t even spell the word "fans".

[quote user="Si Wilson"][quote user="Brendo "]I had these two women come and sit near me last night, and they were rather annoying, and didn''t pay much attention to the game. Do you have any consistently annoying fan''s who sit near you, and if so, what do they do? And before you say, nah, I don''t sit near you. [:)][/quote]

Idiots like you who can''t even spell the word "fans".[/quote]I believe "can''t" is not in the dictionary, unlucky. [:)]*Cannot.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Si Wilson"][quote user="Brendo "]I had these two women come and sit near me last night, and they were rather annoying, and didn''t pay much attention to the game. Do you have any consistently annoying fan''s who sit near you, and if so, what do they do? And before you say, nah, I don''t sit near you. [:)][/quote]

Idiots like you who can''t even spell the word "fans".[/quote]I believe "can''t" is not in the dictionary, unlucky. [:)]*Cannot. [/quote]Clearly you don''t own a dictionary or you would realise that "can''t" is the acceptable abbreviated form of "cannot".  Whereas "fan''s", when used as a plural rather than possessive, indicates you are a twunt and a fucktard.

I think I must sit near Norfolk Lutonian

To the guy who spent the whole of Tuesday''s game shouting every phrase from the Ladybird Handbook of Football Cliches ("Take some responsibility!", "Second ball!" and "Mix it up!"), and criticising our players from the first to the last minute, can I just say that everyone around you thinks you are a knob of the highest order.