Sign in to follow this  
waggers

Leeds game sold out

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Just got off the phone to Ticket office Said I am  a S/T holder and have family coming from B-ham and asked I f I could get them Tickets, they said when they go on sale to S T olders I could get them, not that I do have family comeing just wanted to find out, so I will try to get a couple of spare and sell them on later, let you know If I''m able to get them    

[/quote]

You do know its against the law to sell tickets for more than their face value don''t you?

You risk a ban.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="pete_norw"]

Just got off the phone to Ticket office Said I am  a S/T holder and have family coming from B-ham and asked I f I could get them Tickets, they said when they go on sale to S T olders I could get them, not that I do have family comeing just wanted to find out, so I will try to get a couple of spare and sell them on later, let you know If I''m able to get them    

[/quote]

What a sad little t. wat you are!

Hope that all the tickets are snapped up before you get your grubby little hands on them.  Buying tickets to sell for a profit at your own fellow fans expense... you should be ashamed! [:$]
[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more Smudger. If that''s what you''re doing Pete, I hope they tear up your season ticket and give the seat to someone else.

[quote user="Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="pete_norw"]

if you can get them Pete you can name ya price(within reason of course) but i will defo have them

[/quote]

Will go for price I get them for, probably have to take pot luck where they are though but Yes I will see how many they limit, I will post when got them. 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Hope that all the tickets are snapped up before you get your grubby little hands on them.  Buying tickets to sell for a profit at your own fellow fans expense... you should be ashamed! [:$]
[/quote]

Smudger Slap yourself in that fat mouth of yours read my reply to the first post I made on this we are not all full of gobshite 

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more Smudger. If that''s what you''re doing Pete, I hope they tear up your season ticket and give the seat to someone else.

[/quote]

Some of us are not in it to make A QUICK BUCK so look at the reply I put in the first place in stead of putting your gobs in motion, all I am trying to do is help Norwich fans out, nowhere have I suggested charging extra for the tickets this was mentioned to other posters who would want to buy them, so get off your F========G soap boxes. people that know me know I''m no SPIV 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some of us are not in it to make A QUICK BUCK so look at the reply I put in the first place in stead of putting your gobs in motion, all I am trying to do is help Norwich fans out, nowhere have I suggested charging extra for the tickets this was mentioned to other posters who would want to buy them, so get off your F========G soap boxes. people that know me know I''m no SPIV 

[/quote]

Right....trying to help fellow Norwich fans out who don''t pay to be members by possibly taking away tickets from those who do pay to be members. I realise it''s annoying for Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox but maybe they''ll learn to be more loyal and buy a membership or even super membership to avoid being in this position again.

So let me get this straight because I think I get it...You''re going to buy excess tickets with the intention of selling them to Norwich fans just in case some Norwich fans buy them first. [IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-pictures-super-genius-kitten-has-a-very-large-brain.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, I think you''ll find that the confusion as to your intentions has arisen due to your ambiguous post.

Also, I think you''ll find that reselling football tickets without the permission of original seller is illegal in this country regardless of the price so i would pipe down if I were you. Furthmore, don''t you think that it''s a bit unfair on other supporters that are members to meddle in the ticketing process? Yes, I appreciate you''re helping out a fellow Pinkun poster, but that is likely to be at the expense of another City fan. The ticketing policy is there for a reason and it''s inevitable that some people will be left disappointed.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]What a sad little t. wat you are!Hope that all the tickets are snapped up before you get your grubby little hands on them.  Buying tickets to sell for a profit at your own fellow fans expense... you should be ashamed! [:$][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, I think you''ll find that the confusion as to your intentions has arisen due to your ambiguous post.

Also, I think you''ll find that reselling football tickets without the permission of original seller is illegal in this country regardless of the price so i would pipe down if I were you. Furthmore, don''t you think that it''s a bit unfair on other supporters that are members to meddle in the ticketing process? Yes, I appreciate you''re helping out a fellow Pinkun poster, but that is likely to be at the expense of another City fan. The ticketing policy is there for a reason and it''s inevitable that some people will be left disappointed.

[/quote]My apologies to Pete if that is what he is doing then that is fair enough.  I am pretty sure that unless you know a season ticket holder who is able to buy tickets for you, or you are a member then you are very unlikely to see a ticket for this game.I also take Simon OTBC''s point about ticketing policies being there for a reason and Pete''s initial post being a bit ambiguous.  Saying that it is obvious that many supporters are going to look to bend the rules for such a match.  It comes down more to having the right contacts than ticketing policies when tickets are in such short supply and always has done.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My apologies to Pete if that is what he is doing then that is fair enough.  I am pretty sure that unless you know a season ticket holder who is able to buy tickets for you, or you are a member then you are very unlikely to see a ticket for this game.

I also take Simon OTBC''s point about ticketing policies being there for a reason and Pete''s initial post being a bit ambiguous.  Saying that it is obvious that many supporters are going to look to bend the rules for such a match.  It comes down more to having the right contacts than ticketing policies when tickets are in such short supply and always has done.
[/quote]

That is life in general I think, not just in relation to ticketing policies!

I agree that it''s inevitably going to happen, I just know that if I were someone who missed out on a ticket as a result I''d be a little annoyed.

What it goes to show yet again is that we desperately need a bigger ground and that putting the hotel in it''s current location was the wrong decision!

[quote user="Smudger"]What it goes to show yet again is that we desperately need a bigger ground and that putting the hotel in it''s current location was the wrong decision![/quote]Or if you want to ensure your seat every game you should buy a season ticket.

[quote user="Smudger"]What it goes to show yet again is that we desperately need a bigger ground and that putting the hotel in it''s current location was the wrong decision![/quote]Will let you know later. Plan to give the bar area a more than cursory inspection before tonights game.Personally i dont see the problem with building around it ... stick a few rows of seats on the roof too.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]What it goes to show yet again is that we desperately need a bigger ground and that putting the hotel in it''s current location was the wrong decision![/quote]Or if you want to ensure your seat every game you should buy a season ticket.[/quote]Maybe Morty... and no I am not letting you in to a little secret here... [;)]If we want to fill the ground with Season Ticket Holders only it has two shortfalls... the first of these was discussed on here in great depth last year - ie: it gives the board no encourgaement to provide a worthwhile product (on the pitch) to it''s paying customers as they already have your money.  Secondly, not all of our fans live in Norfolk, they come from all over the country and even further afield these days.  For instance at the cancelled game at Walsall many of us bumped in to a fan who had travelled from the Isle of Wight.  What drawbacks does it place on the club expending it''s fanbase if they have lets say 2,000 casual tickets or less to sell for each game?If fans are struggling to get tickets for high profile games in this division then what does that say for a successful season in the Championship or progressing even higher?Again it is a case of spending money to make money... but if the funds were found how bigger an animal could Norwich City turn in to potentially do you think?  Also do you think that it would be a short lived prospect of having 30,000 plus crowds or even 40,000 at Carrow Road?  Do you think that the viewing figures would fall drastically if we were struggling in the Championship for example?I think that recent seasons have shown us that we could quite easily get 30,000 plus for the majority of games even struggling in the Championship, but that is just my opinion.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]What it goes to show yet again is that we desperately need a bigger ground and that putting the hotel in it''s current location was the wrong decision![/quote]Or if you want to ensure your seat every game you should buy a season ticket.[/quote]Maybe Morty... and no I am not letting you in to a little secret here... [;)]If we want to fill the ground with Season Ticket Holders only it has two shortfalls... the first of these was discussed on here in great depth last year - ie: it gives the board no encourgaement to provide a worthwhile product (on the pitch) to it''s paying customers as they already have your money.  Secondly, not all of our fans live in Norfolk, they come from all over the country and even further afield these days.  For instance at the cancelled game at Walsall many of us bumped in to a fan who had travelled from the Isle of Wight.  What drawbacks does it place on the club expending it''s fanbase if they have lets say 2,000 casual tickets or less to sell for each game?If fans are struggling to get tickets for high profile games in this division then what does that say for a successful season in the Championship or progressing even higher?Again it is a case of spending money to make money... but if the funds were found how bigger an animal could Norwich City turn in to potentially do you think?  Also do you think that it would be a short lived prospect of having 30,000 plus crowds or even 40,000 at Carrow Road?  Do you think that the viewing figures would fall drastically if we were struggling in the Championship for example?I think that recent seasons have shown us that we could quite easily get 30,000 plus for the majority of games even struggling in the Championship, but that is just my opinion. [/quote]You make some valid points but I think ground expansion has already been more than adequately covered, we can''t afford to do it until we are established in the Prem, or maybe I guess if we get some investment that is keen to speculate to accumulate. I think that even if we had the capacity without the lure of Premiership teams we would not fill a 35,000 seater every game, and empty seats cost money. I think if we were to expand today, and get promoted this season you would see crowds of about 25k for most games and maybe 28 or 29k for the bigger ones. So if you expand now, for crowds in the Championship then 30k capacity would be appropriate, but too small for the Prem, take it to 35k now and you''re going to have put up with a lot of empty seats before we get to the Prem, which is of course not a certainty.

Despite the clubs financial woes increasing the ground is something they should be able to get cash to do easily. It''s an investment in the club and created return revenue. Question is would the money received from ticket sales pay the loan repayments for the building work?

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]Despite the clubs financial woes increasing the ground is something they should be able to get cash to do easily. It''s an investment in the club and created return revenue. Question is would the money received from ticket sales pay the loan repayments for the building work?[/quote]I guess that depen ds on whether you take a gamble on being a success or are prudent with your ambition?What happens if they do all the building with a poor product on the pitch and tickets don''t sell?

the club are £ 23 in debt for gods sake - they won;t be increasing capacity until the finances improve somewhat - they have 24,000 every week , 20.000 season tickets in place the majority renewing for next season , so lets get the finances in order first - can;t see 30.000 is necessary for League 1 or the championship

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]What it goes to show yet again is that we desperately need a bigger ground and that putting the hotel in it''s current location was the wrong decision![/quote]Or if you want to ensure your seat every game you should buy a season ticket.[/quote]Maybe Morty... and no I am not letting you in to a little secret here... [;)]If we want to fill the ground with Season Ticket Holders only it has two shortfalls... the first of these was discussed on here in great depth last year - ie: it gives the board no encourgaement to provide a worthwhile product (on the pitch) to it''s paying customers as they already have your money.  Secondly, not all of our fans live in Norfolk, they come from all over the country and even further afield these days.  For instance at the cancelled game at Walsall many of us bumped in to a fan who had travelled from the Isle of Wight.  What drawbacks does it place on the club expending it''s fanbase if they have lets say 2,000 casual tickets or less to sell for each game?If fans are struggling to get tickets for high profile games in this division then what does that say for a successful season in the Championship or progressing even higher?Again it is a case of spending money to make money... but if the funds were found how bigger an animal could Norwich City turn in to potentially do you think?  Also do you think that it would be a short lived prospect of having 30,000 plus crowds or even 40,000 at Carrow Road?  Do you think that the viewing figures would fall drastically if we were struggling in the Championship for example?I think that recent seasons have shown us that we could quite easily get 30,000 plus for the majority of games even struggling in the Championship, but that is just my opinion. [/quote]You make some valid points but I think ground expansion has already been more than adequately covered, we can''t afford to do it until we are established in the Prem, or maybe I guess if we get some investment that is keen to speculate to accumulate. I think that even if we had the capacity without the lure of Premiership teams we would not fill a 35,000 seater every game, and empty seats cost money. I think if we were to expand today, and get promoted this season you would see crowds of about 25k for most games and maybe 28 or 29k for the bigger ones. So if you expand now, for crowds in the Championship then 30k capacity would be appropriate, but too small for the Prem, take it to 35k now and you''re going to have put up with a lot of empty seats before we get to the Prem, which is of course not a certainty.[/quote]I certainly agree that we should be aiming to increase to a 30,000 capacity as soon as is possible.  I think that we could sell that most weeks in the Championship, let us not forget that the higher up the football ladder you go an increase in away fans and the revenue that they bring with them in to the City is also possible.Would 35,000 be your limit for increasing capacity?  Because I think we should be aiming at the 40,000 mark if we were trying to establish ourselves in the Prem.  I think we could fill 40,000 most weeks in the Prem if we had a ground big enough.  If we were then to drop out of the Prem at some stage then this could fall down to the 25k to 30k mark again though for the majority of games.

[quote user="gary "]the club are £ 23 in debt for gods sake - they won;t be increasing capacity until the finances improve somewhat - they have 24,000 every week , 20.000 season tickets in place the majority renewing for next season , so lets get the finances in order first - can;t see 30.000 is necessary for League 1 or the championship[/quote]You can''t see that it is necessary?We would be selling out 30,000 every week now and prob would of done for most of this season in League 1.Like I said though it all comes down to finding the finance and maybe taking a bit of a gamble.  Two things that Norwich City FC have never been very good at!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]What it goes to show yet again is that we desperately need a bigger ground and that putting the hotel in it''s current location was the wrong decision![/quote]Or if you want to ensure your seat every game you should buy a season ticket.[/quote]Maybe Morty... and no I am not letting you in to a little secret here... [;)]If we want to fill the ground with Season Ticket Holders only it has two shortfalls... the first of these was discussed on here in great depth last year - ie: it gives the board no encourgaement to provide a worthwhile product (on the pitch) to it''s paying customers as they already have your money.  Secondly, not all of our fans live in Norfolk, they come from all over the country and even further afield these days.  For instance at the cancelled game at Walsall many of us bumped in to a fan who had travelled from the Isle of Wight.  What drawbacks does it place on the club expending it''s fanbase if they have lets say 2,000 casual tickets or less to sell for each game?If fans are struggling to get tickets for high profile games in this division then what does that say for a successful season in the Championship or progressing even higher?Again it is a case of spending money to make money... but if the funds were found how bigger an animal could Norwich City turn in to potentially do you think?  Also do you think that it would be a short lived prospect of having 30,000 plus crowds or even 40,000 at Carrow Road?  Do you think that the viewing figures would fall drastically if we were struggling in the Championship for example?I think that recent seasons have shown us that we could quite easily get 30,000 plus for the majority of games even struggling in the Championship, but that is just my opinion. [/quote]You make some valid points but I think ground expansion has already been more than adequately covered, we can''t afford to do it until we are established in the Prem, or maybe I guess if we get some investment that is keen to speculate to accumulate. I think that even if we had the capacity without the lure of Premiership teams we would not fill a 35,000 seater every game, and empty seats cost money. I think if we were to expand today, and get promoted this season you would see crowds of about 25k for most games and maybe 28 or 29k for the bigger ones. So if you expand now, for crowds in the Championship then 30k capacity would be appropriate, but too small for the Prem, take it to 35k now and you''re going to have put up with a lot of empty seats before we get to the Prem, which is of course not a certainty.[/quote]I certainly agree that we should be aiming to increase to a 30,000 capacity as soon as is possible.  I think that we could sell that most weeks in the Championship, let us not forget that the higher up the football ladder you go an increase in away fans and the revenue that they bring with them in to the City is also possible.Would 35,000 be your limit for increasing capacity?  Because I think we should be aiming at the 40,000 mark if we were trying to establish ourselves in the Prem.  I think we could fill 40,000 most weeks in the Prem if we had a ground big enough.  If we were then to drop out of the Prem at some stage then this could fall down to the 25k to 30k mark again though for the majority of games.[/quote]I think 35k would be the ideal. Maybe a compromise but it really isn''t practical doing the building work twice. I honestly don''t think we would get 40k ever, think about the population we have here in Norfolk, and how many away fans would be put off by the traveling nightmare getting here. How many clubs are there in the Championship only filling half their stadium? Remember, if you have borrowed money to expand then every seat you fail to fill is money lost.

Cheers Pete, would be really great if you could sort them, would certainly make my Dads year. Does anyone know when away tickets go on sale to Leeds fans cos if all else fails i''ll be trying to get in there with them?

I don''t know when they go on sale, but I understand that all Leeds aways games are massively oversubscribed and done on a priority system, so I wouldn''t hold out too much hope on that front.

"Cheers Pete, would be really great if you could sort them, would certainly make my Dads year. Does anyone know when away tickets go on sale to Leeds fans cos if all else fails i''ll be trying to get in there with them?"

no chance mate,

all our members sell out our away allocation.

I hear we''ve got a few trying to get in your end!

[quote user="Henry"][quote user="Smudger"]What it goes to show yet again is that we desperately need a bigger ground and that putting the hotel in it''s current location was the wrong decision![/quote]Will let you know later. Plan to give the bar area a more than cursory inspection before tonights game.Personally i dont see the problem with building around it ... stick a few rows of seats on the roof too.[/quote]Nope .... the place is a waste of money. Had to keep changing the barrels every five minutes, the bar is way too small also. Scrap it and build an infill [;)]Only trouble then is ... Zak wouldnt have anywhere to live.Did anyone else see him hanging around the lobby texting tonight? Didnt actually wish he was playing as both CB''s were good tonight.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]What it goes to show yet again is that we desperately need a bigger ground and that putting the hotel in it''s current location was the wrong decision![/quote]Or if you want to ensure your seat every game you should buy a season ticket.[/quote]Maybe Morty... and no I am not letting you in to a little secret here... [;)]If we want to fill the ground with Season Ticket Holders only it has two shortfalls... the first of these was discussed on here in great depth last year - ie: it gives the board no encourgaement to provide a worthwhile product (on the pitch) to it''s paying customers as they already have your money.  Secondly, not all of our fans live in Norfolk, they come from all over the country and even further afield these days.  For instance at the cancelled game at Walsall many of us bumped in to a fan who had travelled from the Isle of Wight.  What drawbacks does it place on the club expending it''s fanbase if they have lets say 2,000 casual tickets or less to sell for each game?If fans are struggling to get tickets for high profile games in this division then what does that say for a successful season in the Championship or progressing even higher?Again it is a case of spending money to make money... but if the funds were found how bigger an animal could Norwich City turn in to potentially do you think?  Also do you think that it would be a short lived prospect of having 30,000 plus crowds or even 40,000 at Carrow Road?  Do you think that the viewing figures would fall drastically if we were struggling in the Championship for example?I think that recent seasons have shown us that we could quite easily get 30,000 plus for the majority of games even struggling in the Championship, but that is just my opinion. [/quote]You make some valid points but I think ground expansion has already been more than adequately covered, we can''t afford to do it until we are established in the Prem, or maybe I guess if we get some investment that is keen to speculate to accumulate. I think that even if we had the capacity without the lure of Premiership teams we would not fill a 35,000 seater every game, and empty seats cost money. I think if we were to expand today, and get promoted this season you would see crowds of about 25k for most games and maybe 28 or 29k for the bigger ones. So if you expand now, for crowds in the Championship then 30k capacity would be appropriate, but too small for the Prem, take it to 35k now and you''re going to have put up with a lot of empty seats before we get to the Prem, which is of course not a certainty.[/quote]I certainly agree that we should be aiming to increase to a 30,000 capacity as soon as is possible.  I think that we could sell that most weeks in the Championship, let us not forget that the higher up the football ladder you go an increase in away fans and the revenue that they bring with them in to the City is also possible.Would 35,000 be your limit for increasing capacity?  Because I think we should be aiming at the 40,000 mark if we were trying to establish ourselves in the Prem.  I think we could fill 40,000 most weeks in the Prem if we had a ground big enough.  If we were then to drop out of the Prem at some stage then this could fall down to the 25k to 30k mark again though for the majority of games.[/quote]

One of the rare occasions when I totally agree with your sentiments Smudger!

I got laughed at years ago for saying the club should be looking to increase Carrow Road to as near to 40,000 as they can but in recent times seeing us getting 25500 against mighty Hartlepool makes anyone realise the huge potential fanbase the club has!

As long as the club don''t ever relocate to an out of City idendikit stadium on a retail park because I think that would put many fans off!

Carrow Roads the best location - walking distance from the City centre, train station down the road and not far from the Norwich Southern bypass and plenty of drinking and eating holes nearby!

35,000(Y) Im loving the thought of that ! Aslong as were never based at a Round stadium i would happily take a restriction of 10,000 at CR !

[quote user="EssexWhite"]

"Cheers Pete, would be really great if you could sort them, would certainly make my Dads year. Does anyone know when away tickets go on sale to Leeds fans cos if all else fails i''ll be trying to get in there with them?"

no chance mate,

all our members sell out our away allocation.

I hear we''ve got a few trying to get in your end!

[/quote]

You have more chance of Nelson getting his eye back and thats not Mickey.

First things first, we have a lot of season tickets, and then the rest our members, we don''t often sell tickets on the day as they are always sold out.

I think you should get some of your away fans family to buy tickets for Elland Road, looks like you need them.