Sign in to follow this  
waggers

Leeds game sold out

Don''t believe it happened so quickly. I was logged on at 8:59 and by 10 minutes later they had all gone. Great value for money those super memberships. No corporate seats left either.[:@]

Eh? Wasn''t expecting it to go on sale for another couple of weeks yet.

Look on the official site....they are not even on sale yet!!!

The furthest forward game to buy tickets for is Yeovil on the 15/2/10.

Not sure what you are on about.

Tried the usual online ticketing. Said there were seats available. Every time i tried to buy one it wouldnt go through. Now it says sold out. Currently in the queue for the ticket office phones [8o|]

The Leeds game has appeared on online ticketing and is flagged as sold out. However there''s been nothing on the OS about the game going on sale today so surely there''s been an error. Games usually go on sale to super members 3 weeks before the match and it''s still 5 weeks away.

I am in the phone queue for the ticket office now. The info says that they went on sale today [8o|]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im sure they are not on sale for another 2 weeks???[/quote]

Holders of super memberships could buy them from this morning, regular members from 1st.March, general sale 8th.March. Since the super membership scheme was launched I have never failed to get tickets.[:(]

Tickets for this game went on sale today for super members - I tried on the internet and could not get through due to ''high volume of traffic'' so kept trying the phones since 8.55 (dont open till 9) and kept getting the message that the phone queue is now full so try later - tried a further three times to get the same message so they can stuff it now I got better things to do than keep ringing them all day.  Trouble is they not got enough casual tickets for the big games even if you do pay the 20.00 for a super membership it does not guarantee a ticket - it sucks 

Where was this sale date (of today) publicised? On the phones? In the programme? It definitely wasn''t on the OS.

Advice to anyone who wants a ticket .... The online ticketing is fcuked. Get on the phone now and keep hitting redial until you get through. Tried online for 15 mins this morning until it said sold out. A further 15 mins trying to get through to the ticket office and then a long queue. There are still tickets available if you hurry up.This is very definately not a wind-up. Good luck everyone. Finally managed to get one myself.

[quote user="Bomber"]Tickets for this game went on sale today for super members - I tried on the internet and could not get through due to ''high volume of traffic'' so kept trying the phones since 8.55 (dont open till 9) and kept getting the message that the phone queue is now full so try later - tried a further three times to get the same message so they can stuff it now I got better things to do than keep ringing them all day.  Trouble is they not got enough casual tickets for the big games even if you do pay the 20.00 for a super membership it does not guarantee a ticket - it sucks [/quote]

If you don''t have a season ticket then tough shid.

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "][quote user="Bomber"]Tickets for this game went on sale today for super members - I tried on the internet and could not get through due to ''high volume of traffic'' so kept trying the phones since 8.55 (dont open till 9) and kept getting the message that the phone queue is now full so try later - tried a further three times to get the same message so they can stuff it now I got better things to do than keep ringing them all day.  Trouble is they not got enough casual tickets for the big games even if you do pay the 20.00 for a super membership it does not guarantee a ticket - it sucks [/quote] If you don''t have a season ticket then tough shid.[/quote]

What a plonker - of course every bodys life just shuts down every other weekend in order to go watch footbal Y firgit - nobody has to work do they - w---ker

Got a season ticket anyway, but friends from London were going to try and get the 2 casual seats next to me. No announcement at saturdays game about leeds tickets going on sale, or on the official site. Confusing. My friends are super members, ive got in touch and they are going to call me back to see whats happenening.

This sounds like another ticket office sham. No advertising on the official site......poor work again....sack em Mcnally!!!!!!!

I was seething this morning trying to get hold of a ticket. Havent had one single problem getting tickets this year so far.Glory Hunters and Leeds fans causing the rush?

Well they cant be glory hunters cos they must have a super membership card to get one today although did not do me any good

[quote user="littlesnoringcanary"]the dates are released when you get your membership card..shows the dates for supermember, members and general sale[/quote]Hmm... I have that at home somewhere gathering dust. Usually the OS can be relied on for ticket sale dates, but this game hasn''t been mentioned there at all! Selling them five weeks before the match totally goes against the way things have been done this season.Doesn''t bother me much as I have a season ticket... I''ll just have some disappointed family members who rely on me to get their tickets (not that they would have stood a chance as I would''ve had to wait for the member sale date).[quote user="Henry"]Glory Hunters and Leeds fans causing the rush?[/quote]Buying a super membership just for this match would take far too much foresight, especially for a Leeds fan, wouldn''t it?

[quote user="Bomber"]

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "][quote user="Bomber"]Tickets for this game went on sale today for super members - I tried on the internet and could not get through due to ''high volume of traffic'' so kept trying the phones since 8.55 (dont open till 9) and kept getting the message that the phone queue is now full so try later - tried a further three times to get the same message so they can stuff it now I got better things to do than keep ringing them all day.  Trouble is they not got enough casual tickets for the big games even if you do pay the 20.00 for a super membership it does not guarantee a ticket - it sucks [/quote] If you don''t have a season ticket then tough shid.[/quote]

What a plonker - of course every bodys life just shuts down every other weekend in order to go watch footbal Y firgit - nobody has to work do they - w---ker

[/quote]

Who says you have to go to every game if you have season ticket? I know people that have them even they they can only make 5-10 games. Just saying, if you want a ticket, get an ST, can''t moan if you don''t...

[quote user="pbtc"]Buying a super membership just for this match would take far too much foresight, especially for a Leeds fan, wouldn''t it?[/quote]Okay, I worded that very badly. Please ignore.

[quote user="Henry"]Advice to anyone who wants a ticket .... The online ticketing is fcuked. Get on the phone now and keep hitting redial until you get through.

Tried online for 15 mins this morning until it said sold out. A further 15 mins trying to get through to the ticket office and then a long queue. There are still tickets available if you hurry up.

This is very definately not a wind-up. Good luck everyone. Finally managed to get one myself.
[/quote]

Well I have now tried six times and cant even get on the queue just says try later which I am not going to do to hold on for 30 minutes to be told sold out.  You were probably just very lucky in getting at least in the queue.

Looks like it was just a problem with the online ticketing. Because of that the ticket office phones were jammed up with desperate people ... myself included ... trying to get tickets. There seem to be quite a few tickets left on the online ticketing section of the OS.

These dates are everywhere and have been since August. Super members went on sale today. I suppose if you think about it with the segregation the ground holds roughly 25600 - nearly 20000 season ticket holders 3000 away supporters does not leave many.

You could argue maybe we should have done a Colchester and reduced the away allocation but I assume this is agreed long before we know how bigger game it is - if we were mid table we could have had a lot of unsold tickets.