Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

the home & away pattern for top teams

Just wondered if anyone knew the reason why it seems that every match day schedule it is always the top 4 or so teams that are all home one week & all away next week?

Going back the past few months I seem to recolect that us, Leeds, Charlton & Colchester are always home or way at the same time.

[quote user="Paradox"]Going back the past few months I seem to recolect that us, Leeds, Charlton & Colchester are always home or way at the same time.[/quote]Yep. Even when they play each other! [:S]

I haven''t really noticed that, but I have noticed we seem to play the same teams around the same time.

we had oldham tuesday, you had them today, i''m guessing you''ve got huddersfield and brentford coming up?!

[quote user="EssexWhite"]

I haven''t really noticed that, but I have noticed we seem to play the same teams around the same time.

we had oldham tuesday, you had them today, i''m guessing you''ve got huddersfield and brentford coming up?!

[/quote]

Huddersfield, yes - we''ve played Brentford 3 times this season so done with them! (2 league & JPT)

there was an intresting article on the BBC sport site pre season discussing how it''s decided which teams play home/away - it''s to do with travel, geography, policing etc.