Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Just back from the match

Great atmosphere in the away end- i particularly liked the mcnamee song. Atmosphere is better than Carrow Road imo. Them against us mentality plays a big part.The teams performance was good, certainly better than Tuesday, we fully deserved the win. My man of the match was Holt. Ran the channels as per norm and still created havoc for Oldhams CBs. McNamee ran him close- this boy just gets better with each game. I hope he starts v yeovil. Special mention goes to Forster for THAT save deep into second half- simply amazing. Well done big man [Y]We created more than enough chances to win today more comfortably but the win was the most important thing. We''re edging back to top gear, watch out Yeovil. Well done to all of those who went today, the atmosphere was very good. [8] WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE [8]OTBC [Y]

Not seen Macca yet. Obviously he''s dividing opinion eh EM!

Sounded like he saw a lot of the ball v Southend and put a huge number of crosses in. We''ve not had wingers lately aside from Lappin. It''s just a shame they''re both lefties!

Although agree the lack of tracking back appears to have given Rose plenty of pretty hairy moments in recent games.

[quote user="attention seeking CT "]Well done to all of those who went today, the atmosphere was very good.[/quote]Are you just back from the match CT? [^o)]

[quote user="a1canary"]Not seen Macca yet. Obviously he''s dividing opinion eh EM! [/quote]It think that''s likely to be the case for some time, pending a decent run in the team.  For my money, based entirely on today, he looks decent going forward, but doesn''t have lightning pace nor the ability to really put the fear into the full back like Hucks (who he''s being compared to by some) did... what he does possess of Hucks'' ability is the complete lack of tracking back.  There was one moment in the second half where Macnamee was idly standing around not far from the corner flag in the opposition half... meanwhile, play was continuing with Oldham attacking right down the opposite end.  He was the highest player up the pitch, including Holt.  Rose looks shaky and often uncomfortable on the ball but having someone like that in front of him doesn''t help.  Whilst Lappin didn''t seem to play directly in front of Drury in the diamond, they did at least complement each other''s game in a way that provided us with a little more solidity down that side than we currently have.We need Drury and Rusty back asap to get back to the diamond formation and personnel...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="attention seeking CT "]Well done to all of those who went today, the atmosphere was very good.[/quote]Are you just back from the match CT? [^o)][/quote]I was back at 10pm. I have the match tickets to prove it!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="attention seeking CT "]Well done to all of those who went today, the atmosphere was very good.[/quote]Are you just back from the match CT? [^o)][/quote]WTF is your problem with me? I have just posted my views on the match and I''m an attention seeker? You need to chill

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Great atmosphere in the away end- i particularly liked the mcnamee song. Atmosphere is better than Carrow Road imo. Them against us mentality plays a big part.

The teams performance was good, certainly better than Tuesday, we fully deserved the win. My man of the match was Holt. Ran the channels as per norm and still created havoc for Oldhams CBs. McNamee ran him close- this boy just gets better with each game. I hope he starts v yeovil. Special mention goes to Forster for THAT save deep into second half- simply amazing. Well done big man [Y]

We created more than enough chances to win today more comfortably but the win was the most important thing. We''re edging back to top gear, watch out Yeovil.

Well done to all of those who went today, the atmosphere was very good. [8] WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE [8]

OTBC [Y]
[/quote]

Good acurate report that is spot on unlike some other ridiculous threads on here saying we were cr*p!

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Great atmosphere in the away end- i particularly liked the mcnamee song. Atmosphere is better than Carrow Road imo. Them against us mentality plays a big part.The teams performance was good, certainly better than Tuesday, we fully deserved the win. My man of the match was Holt. Ran the channels as per norm and still created havoc for Oldhams CBs. McNamee ran him close- this boy just gets better with each game. I hope he starts v yeovil. Special mention goes to Forster for THAT save deep into second half- simply amazing. Well done big man [Y]We created more than enough chances to win today more comfortably but the win was the most important thing. We''re edging back to top gear, watch out Yeovil. Well done to all of those who went today, the atmosphere was very good. [8] WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE [8]OTBC [Y][/quote]Cheers for that [Y] What was the McNamee song?

"ANTONY

MCNAMEE

HE''S TOO GOOD FOR ME

..... ETC, ETC "

Sung to the tune of

knick knack

paddy wakc

give a dog a bone

sung repeatedly by a row of over excited 14 year old''s behind me - I would suggest the naughty scamps had more than coca cola in the bottles they were drinking from

still, no harm done and they did it their all