Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Adrian Cootes 3 Goals!

I''m not sure but i think i saw at least two of them. That makes me feel quite privileged!

One of them i defintitely saw - was against stockport about 97 and was about an 89th minute headed equaliser. He came running over to us stood on the old terraces at edgeley park and we all went bananas!

I think another was at Manchester City when we beat them for the first time in 32 years or so. Break away goal involving Bellars and a simple tap in from 3 yards.

The other i''m not so sure about - thought it may have been at wolves when we got back from 2 down to 2-2 only to lose 3-2 in the dying minutes to nasty ferguson''s sprog. But i have a feeling the equalizer was drewe broughton! my god, i think i''m even more privileged to have seen one of them!! how many did he get? was that the only one?

and who could forget the chant that came out a little too late - he only made a few subs appearances to the chant of "who let the coote out - who who who who who"!

who let the coote out - who who who who who"!

The managers who did need to take a long hard look at themselves and say "is football really for me!!!".

The bloke was awful and only got the support because he was a local from yarko!

i think cootes other goal came against walsall where he scored the equaliser. he actually got 2 that game i think having previosly scored an og! why did we let him go again??

He also scored an own goal in the 4 nil cup defeat against Fulham.

His net return is therefore only one goal - the same as Broughton.

Those were the days when Lee Marshall and Shaun Carey were the midfield pairing and Daryl Sutch played every week.

very true indeed shrops - those were dark days indeed that i was unfortunate enough to witness from close quarters at uni in the north west from where it seemed i was able to get to almost every away game in those days.

whatever we think, we''ve come a long long way from there!

Me too A1 - I remember a pre Xmas thrashing at Port vale most - can''t even remember if it was 4, 5 or 6 but it was so cold, we scored a last minute consolation and my abiding memories were trying to persuade my kids that they weren''t mad being brought up as Norwich supporters - a little easier nowadays I can assure you!

Good god we''re a scarred bunch. I was there. 6-1 i''m afraid. I thought i had avoided the ignomony of a 5-1 defeat to West Brom just a few days before (think that was a mid week game) only to go along to Vale park to witness that!

Victories were so few and far between back then so they tend to stick out. Did you see the 3-2 win at Bramall Lane that season? Ulf Ottoson scored, not many remember him - it was like we''d won the cup that day!

[quote]Maybe these recollections should make us feel a little bit more grateful for what we''ve got now!![/quote]

I am Sorry but I find it a bit out of order   knocking players like coote  on here from so called Norwich fans

At the end of the day not all the young lads coming through the youth/reserve setup are going to be chris sutton or other top players

From reading the story about coote playing for dereham it looks like the chap is playing for free and to me that shows how much footy must mean to him after all going from playing div 1 footy to non league football in no time at all is very harsh and i guess it is what footy is about

Fair point, i can accept that. Although i wasn''t actually, at any point, slagging him off. It was just that when i read he had scored 3 goals, i realised i had seen at least two of those and maybe all of them. As it happens someone put me straight on whether or not he had scored at wolves in 1997 and i saw two of them and Drewe Broughton''s one and only senior goal for us.

Calling in to question the loyalty of fans by calling them "so called fans" simply because they poke a bit of fun (which lets face it, every footy fan does at some time) at a player, is equally out of order. Don''t be a member of the "i''m a bigger fan that you" brigade - it''s really pathetic.

And by the way, my dad can ''ave your dad!