Sign in to follow this  
Gaylord Bumpkin

Is it time to look for a new manager?

From yesterday''s EDP article on the importance of the fans....

"The crowd I think are brilliant and whenever I leave this football club I will always look back and think, ''what a crowd Norwich City have got''," he [Lambert] said.

Is leaving already on his mind? Where would he go? No point going to the Championship, we''ll be there in a few weeks anyway. Premiership? What is the point of going to no mark clubs like Hull, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn which, in reality, are smaller outfits than |Norwich punching way above their weight and heading for an inevitable Portsmouth stylee fall (ha ha, as Nelson would say).

I think the most likely option is the Bhoys and a shot at the Champions League. Pity about having to play domestically in an overblown pub league.

Gaylord

He''d definitely off.....I saw him purchasing his one-way ticket to Glasgow - and putting it in his sporran....

....."Och Aye!"

Binner''s post or not, Lambert is an ambitious guy and also must be aware of the contemporary nature of football management. Nothing''s forever in this game, he knows it and if we''re honest with ourselves so do we. The best possible scenario is that he leaves for something more challenging or higher profile having further established his credentials by taking us as far as he can. The opposite alternative to this is that he leaves under a cloud after a lengthy period of struggle. Not something he seems likely to do (more likely that he''ll keep his wits about him and be on his toes so that it doesn''t get that far and he''s off to pastures new before we all hate each other). Lambert''s not a Norwich man and I only hope he leaves oweing us nothing. Be realistic guys, he''s doing the job he''s here for now and he''s doing it as well as possible. Our role as a club is to make it as difficult for him to leave as possible (unfinished business / the constant improvement of the club''s potential etc'') so that he feels that this is the place where he can enjoy the steepest possible trajectory (on a micro level - he''s doing the same thing week after week with our more important playing staff members). The nearest equivalent would have been O''Neil, we all fear Lambert leaving in frustration before his potential at the club is realised.Nothing lasts. He knows it and so do you. Sorry to cast a pall on the love affair - I think he''s the nuts as much as the next guy, but come on people - we know the game well enough by now not to let emotions cloud our interpretation of these things.

I think its time to tell Lambert where to go!!!-

Only beating tinpot (no disrespect cause I respect fans that support little clubs instead of gloryhunting at Premiership outfits!) clubs like Southend and Oldham by narrow single goal victories is not good enough!

We should be getting at least 5 against these sorts of teams playing our reserves, doing moves that include ball juggling (without touching the floor) the ball into the net!

Yes.  He will leave one day.  Do you expect him to die in the job in fifty years time?

So what.  Let us enjoy the time he is here and stop running round like little girls in a thunderstorm every time there is a mention of the day Paul Lambert leaves

Looking in to the crystal ball.... if Lambo was to leave, would Culverhouse be up to stepping in to the breach? Personally, I think yes. With the added bonus of continuity which has been sadly lacking in the recent history of managerial reigns.

Unless he drinks from the fountain of youth, he will of course, leave one day. When he does, he will look back.....

I wouldn''t read too much into it.

[quote user="Gaylord Bumpkin"]From yesterday''s EDP article on the importance of the fans....

"The crowd I think are brilliant and whenever I leave this football club I will always look back and think, ''what a crowd Norwich City have got''," he [Lambert] said.

Is leaving already on his mind? Where would he go? No point going to the Championship, we''ll be there in a few weeks anyway. Premiership? What is the point of going to no mark clubs like Hull, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn which, in reality, are smaller outfits than |Norwich punching way above their weight and heading for an inevitable Portsmouth stylee fall (ha ha, as Nelson would say).

I think the most likely option is the Bhoys and a shot at the Champions League. Pity about having to play domestically in an overblown pub league.

Gaylord[/quote]I wouldn''t worry, you''ve got Boothroyd now [:D]