Sign in to follow this  
smooth

curo wanting to say goodbye

Perhaps we''ll all get to say "goodbye" properly once JC stops trousering 2/3''rds of his pay packet from us? Until then there will be approx 400 Norwich fans each week subsidising JC to play for another club at an even lower level but on the sort of wages a decent striker might command two divisions higher.

"Fortunately most of the fans at Carrow Road still loved the little guy, and yes, I was there too!! its only a few sad f*ckers on here which take cheap shots at him!

Had the defenders/managers done their job we would still be in the Championship, but its easy for the resident arseholes on here to single out one guy, like they''re doing now with Rose or Nelson.

All the best Jamie, and take care."

Wiz, spot on my friend.

In any pro sport, or any other career, you go out and do the best you can for yourself, family and club. There are times to move on. Jamie, regardless whether I would pick you for the team now, you leave with my very best wishes.

Cheers!

ND

If he''d taken 1/3rd of his chances last year we''d have stayed up.  There''s a reason Roeder stopped picking him, Gunn stopped picking him and Lambert stopped picking him, and that reason is his legs are gone and he''s past it.On top of that we''ve had to put up with serial whinges and moans from the sidelines.Thanks, Jamie.  Sorry, Shrewsbury.  Peter Grant, you''re a class A prat.

But let''s not forget - he loves the club and bleeds yellow and green.  So we can conveniently overlook all those missed chances and vastly inflated wages.  Make sure you throw in the odd excuse about being treated badly by various managers and playing with several inept targetmen and actually he''s a Norwich City legend.  He dyed his hair green once, remember?  If only we got the chance to say goodbye [:''(]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If he''d taken 1/3rd of his chances last year we''d have stayed up.  There''s a reason Roeder stopped picking him, Gunn stopped picking him and Lambert stopped picking him, and that reason is his legs are gone and he''s past it.

On top of that we''ve had to put up with serial whinges and moans from the sidelines.

Thanks, Jamie.  Sorry, Shrewsbury.  Peter Grant, you''re a class A prat.

[/quote]

Yeah and the year before he kept us up, its a shame we didn''t buy some decent defenders then![:|]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Wiz he didnt keep us up mate.[/quote]Okay Arthur, just as he alone didn''t relegate us either mate, posters can''t have it both ways.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If he''d taken 1/3rd of his chances last year we''d have stayed up.  There''s a reason Roeder stopped picking him, Gunn stopped picking him and Lambert stopped picking him, and that reason is his legs are gone and he''s past it.On top of that we''ve had to put up with serial whinges and moans from the sidelines.Thanks, Jamie.  Sorry, Shrewsbury.  Peter Grant, you''re a class A prat.

[/quote]

Yeah and the year before he kept us up, its a shame we didn''t buy some decent defenders then![:|]

[/quote]For as long as he was at Carrow Road, Cureton was part of the problem.  Only Lambert has seen a sensible solution - get rid and get him off the wage bill, he''s a waste of money.  The idea that Cureton "kept us up" is another example of your existence in a parallel dimension to reality.

On his day was a good striker who could of gone further in his career. Unfortunately many of his Norwich games in both spells were not amongst his finest. Resigning him in 2007 didn''t work out simply cause he wasn''t good enough. If he''d of scored just 5 more goals for us last season which he should of done given the chances he had, Norwich could of stayed up!

The two problems which caused Curetons 2nd spell to not be good enough were he was over the hill, getting to old and because of his affinity to the club always seemed to try try too much which was counter productive! 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

On his day was a good striker who could of gone further in his career. Unfortunately many of his Norwich games in both spells were not amongst his finest. Resigning him in 2007 didn''t work out simply cause he wasn''t good enough. If he''d of scored just 5 more goals for us last season which he should of done given the chances he had, Norwich could of stayed up!

The two problems which caused Curetons 2nd spell to not be good enough were he was over the hill, getting to old and because of his affinity to the club always seemed to try try too much which was counter productive! 

[/quote]I think there are a few people who would say "trying too hard" wasn''t always his biggest problem.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If he''d taken 1/3rd of his chances last year we''d have stayed up.  There''s a reason Roeder stopped picking him, Gunn stopped picking him and Lambert stopped picking him, and that reason is his legs are gone and he''s past it.

On top of that we''ve had to put up with serial whinges and moans from the sidelines.

[/quote]

[/quote]

For as long as he was at Carrow Road, Cureton was part of the problem.  Only Lambert has seen a sensible solution - get rid and get him off the wage bill, he''s a waste of money.  The idea that Cureton "kept us up" is another example of your existence in a parallel dimension to reality.

[/quote]

As is yours blaming him and him alone for our relegation and no doubt the holocaust if you thought you could get away with it!

Wiz, I have been very disappointed with and for Jamie - especially for him under Roeder but whatever my attitude I have to say I respect your constant defence of him, much like me and Doc, and no one has the right to try to change your mind.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]You are right Wiz, Curo didnt keep us up or relegate us, crap managers and crap signings oversen by the board saw to that.[/quote]

And he was probably one of the worst signings by probably one of the worst managers. But having said that it wasn''t Curo''s fault and I never doubted his desire to play or commitment to our club. Blaming him is shortsighted in the extreme and I wish him well and thank him for that desire and commitment.

Crap signing by a crap manager, and crap contract negotiations by a ccrap Neil Doncaster.

I didnt like the way he seemed to have a pop at the club after leaving for shrewsbury, and if reports are correct that we still pay 60-70% of his wages, he should have shown the club a bit more respect.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If he''d taken 1/3rd of his chances last year we''d have stayed up.  There''s a reason Roeder stopped picking him, Gunn stopped picking him and Lambert stopped picking him, and that reason is his legs are gone and he''s past it.On top of that we''ve had to put up with serial whinges and moans from the sidelines.Thanks, Jamie.  Sorry, Shrewsbury.  Peter Grant, you''re a class A prat.

[/quote]

[/quote]For as long as he was at Carrow Road, Cureton was part of the problem.  Only Lambert has seen a sensible solution - get rid and get him off the wage bill, he''s a waste of money.  The idea that Cureton "kept us up" is another example of your existence in a parallel dimension to reality.[/quote]

As is yours blaming him and him alone for our relegation and no doubt the holocaust if you thought you could get away with it!

[/quote]For the record, I don''t blame Jamie Cureton for the holocaust.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]For as long as he was at Carrow Road, Cureton was part of the problem.  Only Lambert has seen a sensible solution - get rid and get him off the wage bill, he''s a waste of money.  The idea that Cureton "kept us up" is another example of your existence in a parallel dimension to reality.[/quote]

[/quote]For the record, I don''t blame Jamie Cureton for the holocaust.[/quote]I do.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For as long as he was at Carrow Road, Cureton was part of the problem.  Only Lambert has seen a sensible solution - get rid and get him off the wage bill, he''s a waste of money.  The idea that Cureton "kept us up" is another example of your existence in a parallel dimension to reality.

[/quote]

[/quote]

For the record, I don''t blame Jamie Cureton for the holocaust.
[/quote]

I am not familiar with the work of Jamie Cureton but from his reputation I would suggest he would have taken plenty of shots without hitting any targets.  As the targets in question were most likely my fellow Jews, I can only assume this fellow is a nice young man with a conscience.

[quote user="Anne Frank"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]For the record, I don''t blame Jamie Cureton for the holocaust.[/quote]

I am not familiar with the work of Jamie Cureton but from his reputation I would suggest he would have taken plenty of shots without hitting any targets.  As the targets in question were most likely my fellow Jews, I can only assume this fellow is a nice young man with a conscience.

[/quote]I quite agree with you, Anne.  I think any Jews in Shrewsbury will be quite safe.

The fact you mock Cureton in my opinion is just plain sad. That is very similar to Holt leaving us soon, then returning when he is a little older and doing not so good, and getting lots of stick for it? [:S] Could you imagine that? [:|]

[quote user="Brendo "]The fact you mock Cureton in my opinion is just plain sad. That is very similar to Holt leaving us soon, then returning when he is a little older and doing not so good, and getting lots of stick for it? [:S] Could you imagine that? [:|][/quote]It''s nothing like the scenario above, Brendan.Between 1993 and 1996, Jamie Cureton played 29 games for Norwich and scored 6 goals.He left, did very well at Bristol Rovers and Reading, very well for Colchester United, then rejoined us and was poor.

In 2009-10, Grant Holt has played 31 league games and scored 19 league goals (figures may be wrong, quoting from Wikipedia).  Grant Holt is also the team captain, a target man, an inspirational leader, and a hard worker who tracks back and has an all-round game.

So I hope you can see that as usual you are talking arse.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendo "]The fact you mock Cureton in my opinion is just plain sad. That is very similar to Holt leaving us soon, then returning when he is a little older and doing not so good, and getting lots of stick for it? [:S] Could you imagine that? [:|][/quote]It''s nothing like the scenario above, Brendan.Between 1993 and 1996, Jamie Cureton played 29 games for Norwich and scored 6 goals.He left, did very well at Bristol Rovers and Reading, very well for Colchester United, then rejoined us and was poor.

In 2009-10, Grant Holt has played 31 league games and scored 19 league goals (figures may be wrong, quoting from Wikipedia).  Grant Holt is also the team captain, a target man, an inspirational leader, and a hard worker who tracks back and has an all-round game.

So I hope you can see that as usual you are talking arse.[/quote]Oh. [:P]Someone mentioned that he was top scorer one season. Sorry, I just assumed he was. And anyway, does that make Holt our only player to have played every game this season, when not suspended?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendo "]The fact you mock Cureton in my opinion is just plain sad. That is very similar to Holt leaving us soon, then returning when he is a little older and doing not so good, and getting lots of stick for it? [:S] Could you imagine that? [:|][/quote]It''s nothing like the scenario above, Brendan.Between 1993 and 1996, Jamie Cureton played 29 games for Norwich and scored 6 goals.He left, did very well at Bristol Rovers and Reading, very well for Colchester United, then rejoined us and was poor.

So I hope you can see that as usual you are talking arse.[/quote]Oh. [:P]Someone mentioned that he was top scorer one season. Sorry, I just assumed he was. And anyway, does that make Holt our only player to have played every game this season, when not suspended?[/quote]Curo was our leading scorer the season before last, I think, with 14 league goals.  The point is he was never prolific for Norwich City, and when he wasn''t scoring (which was most of the time in his second spell) he didn''t offer anything else i.e. work rate, tackling back, hold up play, leadership, etc.A lot of supporters seem to think scoring against Ipswich is all that you need to do in order to secure some kind of lasting immortality, but tell that to Lee Croft or Matty Pattison.Oh, and he once dyed his hair green.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendo "]The fact you mock Cureton in my opinion is just plain sad. That is very similar to Holt leaving us soon, then returning when he is a little older and doing not so good, and getting lots of stick for it? [:S] Could you imagine that? [:|][/quote]It''s nothing like the scenario above, Brendan.Between 1993 and 1996, Jamie Cureton played 29 games for Norwich and scored 6 goals.He left, did very well at Bristol Rovers and Reading, very well for Colchester United, then rejoined us and was poor.

So I hope you can see that as usual you are talking arse.[/quote]Oh. [:P]Someone mentioned that he was top scorer one season. Sorry, I just assumed he was. And anyway, does that make Holt our only player to have played every game this season, when not suspended?[/quote]Curo was our leading scorer the season before last, I think, with 14 league goals.  The point is he was never prolific for Norwich City, and when he wasn''t scoring (which was most of the time in his second spell) he didn''t offer anything else i.e. work rate, tackling back, hold up play, leadership, etc.A lot of supporters seem to think scoring against Ipswich is all that you need to do in order to secure some kind of lasting immortality, but tell that to Lee Croft or Matty Pattison.Oh, and he once dyed his hair green.[/quote]Yeah. What I meant from my post was if he was top scorer, then it''s similar to Holt. As 14 goals in Div 1 (Champ) is pretty good if you ask me.

Well Huckerby was our top scorer in the season we went up to the Prem, with 13 goals. And he was a wde man, so 14 isn''t bad.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendo "]The fact you mock Cureton in my opinion is just plain sad. That is very similar to Holt leaving us soon, then returning when he is a little older and doing not so good, and getting lots of stick for it? [:S] Could you imagine that? [:|][/quote]It''s nothing like the scenario above, Brendan.Between 1993 and 1996, Jamie Cureton played 29 games for Norwich and scored 6 goals.He left, did very well at Bristol Rovers and Reading, very well for Colchester United, then rejoined us and was poor.

So I hope you can see that as usual you are talking arse.[/quote]Oh. [:P]Someone mentioned that he was top scorer one season. Sorry, I just assumed he was. And anyway, does that make Holt our only player to have played every game this season, when not suspended?[/quote]Curo was our leading scorer the season before last, I think, with 14 league goals.  The point is he was never prolific for Norwich City, and when he wasn''t scoring (which was most of the time in his second spell) he didn''t offer anything else i.e. work rate, tackling back, hold up play, leadership, etc.A lot of supporters seem to think scoring against Ipswich is all that you need to do in order to secure some kind of lasting immortality, but tell that to Lee Croft or Matty Pattison.Oh, and he once dyed his hair green.[/quote]Yeah. What I meant from my post was if he was top scorer, then it''s similar to Holt. As 14 goals in Div 1 (Champ) is pretty good if you ask me. [/quote]So if Holt leaves in two years time, after scoring hardly any goals next season, getting dropped because he''s past it and moaning from the sidelines about "not getting a fair chance", you''ll have your comparison complete.