Sign in to follow this  
Mandie Moo

Football League Show - Grrr

What have we got to do to get some air time??

They show our disallowed Holt goal and his actual goal and then move on to Leeds - plus interview with Simon Grayson.

BBC please note that WE are top of the League  [;)][:P]

I know MM, sat through that rubbish they call the MOTD, then the Chumpionship, then it''s blink and you miss it, I must invest in that Sky plus lark.

It is annoying, although I think if I watch it on iPlayer and pause it you''ll be able to see me celebrating whilst my kids look a bit puzzled by the rush of fans running past them down the stairs (wonder if you can see the guy who fell over?)...

And Maneesh and Claridge didn''t even mention us in the League One analysis - EVERY other top 7 team got at least a little bit of a mention. Still, I guess it''s very boring when a team are performing so consistently and winning more often than not, and Leeds are such a massive team they better read out all their e-mails.Also, anyone hear that text/email from the Leeds fan saying they have the best team in League One by a "country mile"?! [:D] [:''(] [:D]

Let''s face it, Hudders Leeds was ''game of the day''. Only city fans can see that a routine Norwich away win is something to get excited about - routine and away is not usually within our vacabulary. We will go up.

[quote user="I.S."]And Maneesh and Claridge didn''t even mention us in the League One analysis - EVERY other top 7 team got at least a little bit of a mention. Still, I guess it''s very boring when a team are performing so consistently and winning more often than not, and Leeds are such a massive team they better read out all their e-mails.Also, anyone hear that text/email from the Leeds fan saying they have the best team in League One by a "country mile"?! [:D] [:''(] [:D][/quote]I swear they dont know what a table looks like [;)]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="I.S."]And Maneesh and Claridge didn''t even mention us in the League One analysis - EVERY other top 7 team got at least a little bit of a mention. Still, I guess it''s very boring when a team are performing so consistently and winning more often than not, and Leeds are such a massive team they better read out all their e-mails.Also, anyone hear that text/email from the Leeds fan saying they have the best team in League One by a "country mile"?! [:D] [:''(] [:D][/quote]I swear they dont know what a table looks like [;)][/quote]I pray that they don''t go up this season, I expect they will rename their forum to WACCOLO or something. [;)]

[quote user="I.S."]And Maneesh and Claridge didn''t even mention us in the League One analysis - EVERY other top 7 team got at least a little bit of a mention. Still, I guess it''s very boring when a team are performing so consistently and winning more often than not, and Leeds are such a massive team they better read out all their e-mails.

Also, anyone hear that text/email from the Leeds fan saying they have the best team in League One by a "country mile"?! [:D] [:''(] [:D]
[/quote]

I''m glad someone else noticed this,I  know my hearing is bad  and ha the aid turned up high, butI think we all know they only talk about us when the results go against us, but never mind folks, we know we are the top club and we knowwe have scored more goals than the entire football league including Manure and the others, And on the bright side is, the less they talk about us the less danger of loseing our top players (Manager) Perhaps they could put the Scrimmage on tele

It doesn''t bother me to be honest, let the others get the airtime and we can carry on sneaking to the Champ.

Exactly. Who fives a fig.

They''ll be there when we are cheering the open top bus round the City .............. and they''ll be there when Leeds play their next ''title decider'' against Huddersfield next season. In Div 3.

Anyone litening to Alan Green driving home last night would have thought that there was only one game played sat afternoon. Endless drivel about John Terry. Mind you anyone driving home would have better things to talk about.

Escaping from a third world slum. Escaping from lower league football and being bloody grateful that not only are we mathematically certain to have avoided relegation but we are most likely already in the playoffs - and it''s still only February !

Stuff that up your jacksy BBC.

What''s the alternative? If they do mention us, I''d bet good money it would be preceded by "After losing 7-1 on the opening day of the season..." and I''m quite happy never to hear that again!

The only reason I can imagine they gave the northern monkies more time is because their  match was bigger than ours.Still nowhere near good enough though- i  did like the stat they gave ''leeds have only won once in 6'' HA[:D]

[quote user="I.S."]I pray that they don''t go up this season, I expect they will rename their forum to WACCOLO or something. [;)][/quote]Probably. Even if they finish second by ten points, they''ll still insist they were rightful champions in any case.  

[quote user="Mandie Moo"]

What have we got to do to get some air time??

They show our disallowed Holt goal and his actual goal and then move on to Leeds - plus interview with Simon Grayson.

BBC please note that WE are top of the League  [;)][:P]

[/quote]

Glad I didn''t stay up to watch it.

Let them keep talking about everyone else and let us get on quietly about our business, it creates less pressure on the club. Generally they will only talk about a team if there is something negative to say eg: Leeds & Charlton wobble, Colchesters loss) or really positive (eg: Huddersfield unbeaten at home). From their point of view us winning all the time is boring.

To be brutally honest I think we''ve had our fair share of coverage on the football league show in the last couple of months and I thought it had started to get a bit cringeworthy with the over exposure. Even on the local news we''ve had far more than our friends down the road at Cowlchester and Ip***t  and they''re in a higher division. There are plenty of highlights to be watched on the bbc website 24 hours a day 7 days a week  so I don''t see what the fuss is all about.My dad has got this thing about watching the news at rigid times like 6pm and 10pm but can''t get his head around that there are two 24hr day news channels meaning he can watch when he bloody wants to. Move with the times, it''s technology kids!

The thing is, the Leeds Huddersfield game was the biggest in the league, we were playing a bottom team. When it was us v U''s, we got the biggest coverage, quite naturally.

Werent we the featured match last week?

Not sure what you guys expect, a 1-0 win against Oldham isnt exactly exciting when compared to Huddersfield 2 Leeds 2 and Brizzle 3 Colchester 2.

[quote user="Things are looking up "]I sent them a text reminding them that we were top of the league and 5 points clear and still we only get 30 seconds airtime. Strangely they didn''t read it out!![/quote]I Twittered Jacqui Oatley telling her not to pull any cheeky tricks like trying to unsettle our fans with speculation about Lambert being snapped up by other clubs, or I''d slap her around the face with my penis...... actually, I didn''t say the last bit, but I was thinking it..........

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Things are looking up "]I sent them a text reminding them that we were top of the league and 5 points clear and still we only get 30 seconds airtime. Strangely they didn''t read it out!![/quote]
I Twittered Jacqui Oatley telling her not to pull any cheeky tricks like trying to unsettle our fans with speculation about Lambert being snapped up by other clubs, or I''d slap her around the face with my penis...

... actually, I didn''t say the last bit, but I was thinking it..........
[/quote]

[:D] Tidy piece.And at least she was wearing mustard yellow.

The thing that brasses me off is that Pillock Keano, every time you turn the tele on he pops up, He''s on the tele more than Terry Wogan is   

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="I.S."]And Maneesh and Claridge didn''t even mention us in the League One analysis - EVERY other top 7 team got at least a little bit of a mention. Still, I guess it''s very boring when a team are performing so consistently and winning more often than not, and Leeds are such a massive team they better read out all their e-mails.

Also, anyone hear that text/email from the Leeds fan saying they have the best team in League One by a "country mile"?! [:D] [:''(] [:D]
[/quote]

I swear they dont know what a table looks like [;)]
[/quote]

we''ll see that at the end of the season, we weren''t country miles ahead of you in quality when we were ahead in the table. Personally I can''t seperate us, and your the in form guys.

As for the moaning, get over it ffs, yes we''ll get a mention, yes because we''re a big club, it doesn''t mean they hate you!

[quote user="EssexWhite"]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="I.S."]And Maneesh and Claridge didn''t even mention us in the League One analysis - EVERY other top 7 team got at least a little bit of a mention. Still, I guess it''s very boring when a team are performing so consistently and winning more often than not, and Leeds are such a massive team they better read out all their e-mails.Also, anyone hear that text/email from the Leeds fan saying they have the best team in League One by a "country mile"?! [:D] [:''(] [:D][/quote]I swear they dont know what a table looks like [;)][/quote]

we''ll see that at the end of the season, we weren''t country miles ahead of you in quality when we were ahead in the table. Personally I can''t seperate us, and your the in form guys.

As for the moaning, get over it ffs, yes we''ll get a mention, yes because we''re a big club, it doesn''t mean they hate you!

[/quote]We aren''t in form, we''re very off-form in fact. Fortunately out poor form is still better than most teams in the division.