Sign in to follow this  
wrathsajoke

calm down people-this is league 1 after all

We are where we are.

Everybody knows that we have ba**esed things up over the past 5 years.

However that all past now, we cant affect that, so its pointless dragging it all up.

We now have an effective CE and Chairman and a good young manager who , so far has done everything right.

Stop whinging and get behind the team.

No one is saying its good to be in league 3, but thats where we are and we have to get out of it.

I am happy that we won today as I was there getting behind the team.I am also happy that it looks like we could well escape the 3rd tier at the first attempt.... but WRATH is right so we bloody should win promotion from this league!Next season will be the season to start judging both the new broom and those who have been in our boardroom for quite some time.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]So presumably if we''re doing well the new broom gets the credit and if we''re not? Well we all know the answer to that one.[/quote]Well Delia & Wynn Jones must realise their days are numbered surely?McNally, Bowkett and Lambert are all ambitious men.  We will need new finance to match their ambitions in a higher league.  With the make-up of the current boardroom we do not have the finances available to match such ambitions. Let''s hope that there is something in the Fernandes story!

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]if we cant get out of this pathetic league we need shooting-time for some realism! WE ARE IN LEAGUE 1 AND SHOULD BE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.its the least we can expect.never forget last season,and who put us here as she is still with us![/quote]I thought Roeder had left and was male anyway..

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="dreamteam"]Leeds Nottm Forest Sheff Weds Man City All spent time in this league and found it hard to get out of. Leeds still trying[/quote]

Manc City went straight back up at the first attempt by winning the league.
[/quote]

Yeah right Smudger! You have a poor memory my friend. Fulham were Champions and the mighty Walsall took the other automatic place. Man. City finished 19 points off top in third place and went up through the play offs and it took them penalty kicks to do so.

I think some of the comments on this thread just prove that old habits die hard or once a moanin'' minnie always a moanin'' minnie. If we are where we should be then surely Leeds and Charlton should be there too. And your beloved Saints should be no more than 10 points off top. The fact that we are and they aren''t rather destroys this negative old chestnut.

I wonder what the Man City fans were thinking when they staged that amazing comeback in the Playoff Final.  Did they shrug their shoulders and think "well, it''s only the third tier, we should be beating teams like Gillingham", or did they, perhaps, go a bit mental?Mind you I would have been interested to see what their fans made of defeats to the mighty York and Wycombe (at home) that season.  Our lot would be lynched for that I''m sure.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="dreamteam"]Leeds Nottm Forest Sheff Weds Man City All spent time in this league and found it hard to get out of. Leeds still trying[/quote]

Manc City went straight back up at the first attempt by winning the league.
[/quote]

Yeah right Smudger! You have a poor memory my friend. Fulham were Champions and the mighty Walsall took the other automatic place. Man. City finished 19 points off top in third place and went up through the play offs and it took them penalty kicks to do so.

I think some of the comments on this thread just prove that old habits die hard or once a moanin'' minnie always a moanin'' minnie. If we are where we should be then surely Leeds and Charlton should be there too. And your beloved Saints should be no more than 10 points off top. The fact that we are and they aren''t rather destroys this negative old chestnut.

[/quote]

"Moanin'' Minnies"....Classic!

Your right we''re in Division 3 but sh*te happens and we''ve all accepted it!

Delia Smith is not to blame for all of our failings in the previous 4 years much the same as the Doc isn''t!

I don''t think most fans need telling, so pointless thread!

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]if we cant get out of this pathetic league we need shooting-time for some realism! WE ARE IN LEAGUE 1 AND SHOULD BE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.its the least we can expect.never forget last season,and who put us here as she is still with us![/quote]Considering you called this thread "calm down", you do seem to be quite worked up...

Leeds, Col U, Soton, Millwall all got relegated to this league thinking the same, that they are easily gonna walk it. That wasn''t the case, I think we are doing a smashing job, and loads of praise has to go to god himself, Mr Paul Lambert.

This season is Leeeds'' 3rd consecutive one at this level!

Nottingham Forest took 3 seasons to get out of this League!

Yes the qualities not that great but its still hard to get out of this League particularly for a club of our size cause the smaller clubs raise themselves when they play against us!

Its like people saying we were poor at Oldham yesterday!

No we wern''t, in fat that was the best we''ve played for a while!

We wern''t great but we done what we had to do although if we''d of took some of our chances we''d of killed thegame of and aleviated the tense end to the match!

[quote user="ricky knight"]Well thats it then we should all be happy to be in div 3 because leeds, leicester, forest have done it, god give me strength, i am happy with Lambert, happy we are top but still believe its a bloody disgrace we are in div 3 in the first place, So to me we will only be going back to where we should be if right decisions were made in the first place.[/quote]

I would agree with most of that Ricky, apart from "will only be going back to where we should be". That isn''t the Championship, it''s the Prem, unless we don''t believe we should be at least in the same league as Stoke/Burnley/Wigan/Bolton/Blackburn/Birmingam/West Ham. My vision of Norwich is we should be at least competing against these.

As regards who put us where we are - of course the buck stops with the owners, and how they have run (down) the club.

I am VERY HAPPY with Lambert, and I wasn''t one of those booing the team on Tuesday night, sadly we will be more likely to lose Lambert when inevtiably he doesn''t get a decent transfer budget next season.

No Club has a divine right to be anywhere.

Man u , Chelsea, Spurs etc have all been relegated from the top division in the years i have been watching football.

You have to earn the right to be in any league and more so to get out of it.

This is the kind of "big headed attitude" that i think is annoying Lambert at the moment.

I think the booing on Tuesday night really got to him and comments like this do not help.

I also think his comments yestarday were aimed at a lot of contributors on here who moan if we ain''t 3-0 up after a half an hour in every game.

Make no mistake without Lambert replacing Gunn we would not be top of the league. If "supporters" keep this up we could lose him.

Our points record in the last 30 odd games is possibly the best in Europe if not the world so lets stop this moaning and get behind the man.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]if we cant get out of this pathetic league we need shooting-time for some realism! WE ARE IN LEAGUE 1 AND SHOULD BE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.its the least we can expect.never forget last season,and who put us here as she is still with us![/quote]

TW*T

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Well thats it then we should all be happy to be in div 3 because leeds, leicester, forest have done it, god give me strength, i am happy with Lambert, happy we are top but still believe its a bloody disgrace we are in div 3 in the first place, So to me we will only be going back to where we should be if right decisions were made in the first place.[/quote]

I would agree with most of that Ricky, apart from "will only be going back to where we should be". That isn''t the Championship, it''s the Prem, unless we don''t believe we should be at least in the same league as Stoke/Burnley/Wigan/Bolton/Blackburn/Birmingam/West Ham. My vision of Norwich is we should be at least competing against these.

As regards who put us where we are - of course the buck stops with the owners, and how they have run (down) the club.

I am VERY HAPPY with Lambert, and I wasn''t one of those booing the team on Tuesday night, sadly we will be more likely to lose Lambert when inevtiably he doesn''t get a decent transfer budget next season.

[/quote]

I agree Bud but the championship top half is minimum requirement imo

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

I agree Bud but the championship top half is minimum requirement imo

[/quote]

Stoke and Burnley? How pathetic is that! No seriously, I''ve never heard of such a lack of ambition! Burnley have spent one season in the top division out of the last thirty five! And in that time they''ve spent eleven seasons in the Third Division and seven seasons in the Fourth. I suppose a couple of seasons ago you wanted to be like Reading and before that Charlton. It''s not fashionable to want to be like Nottingham Forest but they are a similar club to us. And those of us with an ounce of ambition see our rightful place in the old First Division competing on a level playing field with the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal. Regularly beating them too. And I refuse to enjoy any success this club has until we are back where we rightfully belong!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Man City went up through the playoffs - they beat Gillingham in the final on penalties after being 2-0 down going into the final minute of normal time.[/quote]Ok they still went up at the first time of asking though as did Leicester.I think that Sheff Weds spent 3 years down here and Forest 4 years?