Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Oh for God's sake!!

We won. We''re 9 points clear in the race for automatic promotion and still some of you are whinging and whining.......Martin crap....mutter mutter....only just won it...mutter mutter...we were crap...mutter mutter

Listen, we are going through a sticky patch form wise....but we''ve still only lost the last two of goodness knows how many.....that''s good....that''s waht happens with promotion winning sides....you go off the boil and still hold off the pack.

Get a grip!

[quote user="dpit"]We won. We''re 9 points clear in the race for automatic promotion and still some of you are whinging and whining.......Martin crap....mutter mutter....only just won it...mutter mutter...we were crap...mutter mutter

Listen, we are going through a sticky patch form wise....but we''ve still only lost the last two of goodness knows how many.....that''s good....that''s waht happens with promotion winning sides....you go off the boil and still hold off the pack.

Get a grip![/quote]Amen.The post I, and I''m sure many others wanted to make.

I don''t get it either to be honest, if we scrape 6 or 7 more 1-0 wins like we did today then that should be more than good enough to see us go up, looking at our remaining fixtures I don''t see us not picking up at least 6 wins even if we don''t play at our best. Were top of the league because we deserve to be there.

yes no need for moaning - we are still doing better than every other team in the league.I you read some of the posts on WACCOE  they have almost given up on talking about us - they seem to be resigning themselves to the fact that they probably won''t win the league - you would think they might be fed up that we won - but no!They consider it a good day as the results of the teams below them went well and as long as they go up thats good enough.We just need to hold it together, to grind out wins - thats all - and I think we will.

Look, bottom teams are scrapping for their lives, and won''t roll over and play dead just because we''re top, every win now is a fine and vital win.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Look, bottom teams are scrapping for their lives, and won''t roll over and play dead just because we''re top, every win now is a fine and vital win.[/quote]

Spot on Wiz!!!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Look, bottom teams are scrapping for their lives, and won''t roll over and play dead just because we''re top, every win now is a fine and vital win.[/quote]

Totally agree mate, and NC wouldn''t be any different if we were in their shoes scrapping for points.

Could not agree more!!!  We are top 9 points ahead of charlton, take 3 points away from home. As far as i can see it dont get much better!!!

and win away from home and keep a clean sheet .

and our top striker who has not scored for a couple of games finds the net...

well done city another 3 points in the bag and leeds have dropped 2.

3 points next week with the great form we have had at home (level with club best).

some people are never happy ,i dont care how we win by 1 or 7 ...come a few games time hopefully this division will go back in our history books.

well done lambert and co, and agreed people should be happy we are racking up the points ...whatever way they do it .

[quote user="dpit"]We won. We''re 9 points clear in the race for automatic promotion and still some of you are whinging and whining.......Martin crap....mutter mutter....only just won it...mutter mutter...we were crap...mutter mutter

Get a grip![/quote]

So that''s it then! We''re as good as promoted, the players should all be playing for their respective countries and the Board are magnificent. There''s nothing left to discuss.What are we going to talk about now?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="dpit"]We won. We''re 9 points clear in the race for automatic promotion and still some of you are whinging and whining.......Martin crap....mutter mutter....only just won it...mutter mutter...we were crap...mutter mutter

Get a grip![/quote]

So that''s it then! We''re as good as promoted, the players should all be playing for their respective countries and the Board are magnificent. There''s nothing left to discuss.What are we going to talk about now?[/quote]

Oh, and Lambert will bring about world peace.

people need to realise that we are playing against professionals and not the overwieght drunks from the kings Crotch.

we wont steam roller every team 6-0... Oldham arent doing well this season but 1-0 is still a win...

Im still very pleased wiht the 2-1 away at Walsall... probably the hardest away game to go to.

I posted very similar views to the OP last week. Nobody responded to it !! All too busy moaning after the Southampton game. We don''t need to impress anyone from now on in. Just keep picking up the three points. Since I posted it we have dogged out 6 points against struggling teams. That''ll do for me.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Look, bottom teams are scrapping for their lives, and won''t roll over and play dead just because we''re top, every win now is a fine and vital win.[/quote]Spot on, Wiz, and that''s precisely what happened today - Oldham were well organised and scrapping for every ball in a way that most relegation scrappers will start to about now (unless they''re Norwich last season, anyway).  No win between now and May is going to be easy, but every point is going to be vital and getting three more of them on the board, come hell or high water, is the ultimate aim.And Martin wasn''t crap at all... Macnamee wasn''t the greatest player on Earth today - half decent going forward but work-rate is appalling - but guarantee he''ll be getting loads of praise tonight from the radio brigade!

Oldham were well organised and scrapping for every ball in a way that most relegation scrappers will start to about now

How true First Wizard. Proof Stockport 4 Wycombe 3. And Stockport 4-0 up at one stage. Bit of scrapping going on there I bet.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Hopefully Smudger went to Oldham so there won''t be any negativity from that quarter at least for the best part of today.[/quote]

I understand he was there;  I am sure we all know he will be pleased with the 3 points, disappointed with lappins performance and the 3 pts is all down to McNamees performance[;)]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Hopefully Smudger went to Oldham so there won''t be any negativity from that quarter at least for the best part of today.[/quote]

I understand he was there;  I am sure we all know he will be pleased with the 3 points, disappointed with lappins performance and the 3 pts is all down to McNamees performance[;)]

[/quote]You must be psychic, ZLF... [;)]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/4/2019173/ShowPost.aspx#2019173

We are in this League becasue we were not good enough for the championship.

The other teams are in this league because they are not good enough for the championship.

All teams in this league have no divine right to win any match.

You have to fight in every game and we are doing that.

I would settle for 12 1-0 wins now.

I may have a moan but trust me at the matches im fully comitted to getting behind the team, its only on here i let off a bit of steam.

Please someone tell the idiots in the e block barclay upper tier to stop the pathetic shouting and moaning at players afetr only 5 bloody minutes of matches!!!!!

Very trueim not really bothered about the form dropping at the mo, its clearly dropped because were top of the leauge and just coasting it at the mo, weve done the hard work, if we drop below Leeds and Colchester we''ll start working again.

Our form has dipped, but our points haven''t suffered much as a result.  A 3 or 4 goal victory will come again this season.

Ask any manager an away win is precious in any league and we have won or drawn the majority of our away matches and our home form is very good too.

| Home   | Away     
 TeamPWDLFAWDLFAGDPTS
1Norwich341322391894431183472

In our Championship winning season we won 10 away games

Final 2003/2004 Football League Championship Table

PHWHDHLHGFHGAAWADALAGFAGAPointsGD
Norwich46183244151076352494+40

[quote user="First Wizard"]Look, bottom teams are scrapping for their lives, and won''t roll over and play dead just because we''re top, every win now is a fine and vital win.[/quote]Spot on Wiz - remember our performances against Wolves and B''ham last season...

Agree totally with the starting post in this thread!

Yes we haven''t been fluent in recent games but 2 defeats (one against Southampton where the ref played a big part!) out of a lot of games is very good form!

Some people seem to think just cause we''re top and playing without any disrespect, tin pot clubs who get crowds lower than what we get in the Barclay end, that its going to be a stroll in the park playing exhibition football but that is so far from reality!

Playing against a club who have all the ingredients to be Premiership regulars has the effect of making teams rise to the occasion against Norwich and play out of their skin which makes it very tough. Thats why Leeds who a decade ago were Champions League semi finalists have been at this level for 3 seasons and Forest also took 3 seasons to get out of this League!

Yesterdays win at Oldham was hard earned and thats what gets you promoted, even though we should of made the game more comfortable. We actually looked better than what we have in the last few games!

I take heart from the fact we''re still winning games when not being at our best, so when we do get a game when we hit top form, do all the right things, we''re likely to give someone a tanking!

Look at many of the wins from the 2003/04 title campaign when we ground out a lot of tight wins when everything went our way. To many fans look back at that season with rose tinted glasses by thinking every win was done in great style when it wasn''t.

We''ve developed a winning habit which is vital.

Norwich had quite a few games last season, Coventry away and Watford spring to mind where we dominated the play but lost and this played a big part in our relegation. This season we''ve had games like Wallsall away, Brighton away, Southend at home where we spent most of the game playing poorly but still won - I know which of the 2 scanarios I''d rather have!

Its all about winning!

We''re not going to win every game playing free-flowing football & keeping a clean sheet. 3 more points on the board yesterday will do just fine.

I sometimes feel if NCFC played football like the Brazil team of 1970 someone would start moaning about it!