Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Lambert slates his critics

[quote user="Shyster"]HA! My 4-3-3 would enable both to play. I''d have McNamee, Holt & Martin as forwards with Hoolahan as playmaker in central-midfield -- the 3 central midfielders would go laterally protecting and supplying the defenders and forwards respectively. I''d also be tempted to field Askou at left-back.[/quote]Your talents are wasted on here Shyster. Shouldn''t you be concentrating on the World Cup? Brazil have surely been in touch by now! [:^)][^o)][+o(]

[quote user="Shyster"]

My central-midfield today in a 4-3-3 would be Hoolahan, Gill and Smith.[/quote]

I am astounded at the enormity of your talent Shyster

of turning the prospect of a perfectly good formation into a match losing one in about a dozen words.  No ball winning capability, only smith with energy and pace and only Hoolahan able to pass well,  so much pressure on the back 4 with that selection AND without the ball where will the chances come from...

I will recommend you as Keanos replacement though[;)]

I see...So because a team is top of the league that makes them automatically immune to any form of analysis or potential criticism (constructive or otherwise)?I don''t think you''ll find a fan on here that isn''t happy with our league position or the change that Lambert has brought to this club, but that doesn''t mean that some of us cannot venture our own opinion on things just like a lot of fans will do in the pub after/before the match.If I see a certain player have a number of poor games where another option may potentially have performed better, what''s wrong with offering that opinion on here? As long as the opinion is fairly well constructed and has supportive reasoning then I see no issue with it. This is far different than the odd fan who just comes on here and vents their spleen about a player, giving harsh and often totally nonsensical comments because of some bizarre reason such as personal dislike or some other inane reasoning.As far as I''m concerned, if a single fan has an opinion that no-one agrees with, it''s often because that opinion isn''t truly worth proper consideration, if however 500+ fans shared that opinion, I''d be far more inclined to consider the merits of that opinion, but without putting that opinion out there to be analysed in the first place, we have no way of knowing if something is an isolated or indeed a shared viewpoint.Let''s not confuse constructive debate with bile filled arguments, nor should we insist that fans no longer be allowed to discuss their views on an internet forum - if I wanted to take a vow of silence, Id have joined a monastery...

If Paul Lambert expects to manage at the highest level then surely he realises the further he goes the more expectation and pressure he will face?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I see...

So because a team is top of the league that makes them automatically immune to any form of analysis or potential criticism (constructive or otherwise)?

I don''t think you''ll find a fan on here that isn''t happy with our league position or the change that Lambert has brought to this club, but that doesn''t mean that some of us cannot venture our own opinion on things just like a lot of fans will do in the pub after/before the match.

If I see a certain player have a number of poor games where another option may potentially have performed better, what''s wrong with offering that opinion on here? As long as the opinion is fairly well constructed and has supportive reasoning then I see no issue with it. This is far different than the odd fan who just comes on here and vents their spleen about a player, giving harsh and often totally nonsensical comments because of some bizarre reason such as personal dislike or some other inane reasoning.

As far as I''m concerned, if a single fan has an opinion that no-one agrees with, it''s often because that opinion isn''t truly worth proper consideration, if however 500+ fans shared that opinion, I''d be far more inclined to consider the merits of that opinion, but without putting that opinion out there to be analysed in the first place, we have no way of knowing if something is an isolated or indeed a shared viewpoint.

Let''s not confuse constructive debate with bile filled arguments, nor should we insist that fans no longer be allowed to discuss their views on an internet forum - if I wanted to take a vow of silence, Id have joined a monastery...
[/quote]

Good post Indy Bones,

Football is about opinion.

What next?

No criticism of the old board?!?!?!?

[quote user="a1canary"]Sorry, i think i''m missing something here. Who are these so called critics that we''re/Lambert is talking about? Is he talking about people on here who suggest alternative formations (Shyster), or who wouldn''t play Lappin (Smudger)? As Rudolph said, that''s just part of being a fan. Or is he talking about the crowd booing at half time v Southend?

He''s talked repeatedly about the pressure of the big crowd, he knows what it''s like. He''s played at Celtic for goodness sake!

He knows more than any of us that performance levels have dropped from earlier in the season, but no-one''s criticising that as far as i can see. Just giving their views about how to change it or not change it.

No, i don''t buy it, i think he''s just being a bit cute and deflecting pressure off the players. The more i see of him, the more he reminds me of Ferguson. With bit of O''Neill thrown in. What a combination![/quote]

He knows how to play mind games.......

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Hey Smudger,

If Lambert is having a go at you then its two managers who have expressed themselves at you.......do you remember Gunnys outburst at you during the Open Day forum at the end of last season?

[/quote]Yep... worst heckler for the worst manager in City''s history... [;)]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Smudger"]If Paul Lambert expects to manage at the highest level then surely he realises the further he goes the more expectation and pressure he will face?[/quote]

hey Smudge, tell him that the next time you see him.............

[/quote]You can''t say it''s not true can you Tangy?There will even be more pressure at Carrow Road next season, especially if a worthwhile budget is not given to him and he has to continue playing the likes of Simon Lappin on the left hand side or in centre midfield... [;)]Ooops slap my wrists for being over-critical!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Shyster"]HA! My 4-3-3 would enable both to play. I''d have McNamee, Holt & Martin as forwards with Hoolahan as playmaker in central-midfield -- the 3 central midfielders would go laterally protecting and supplying the defenders and forwards respectively. I''d also be tempted to field Askou at left-back.[/quote]Your talents are wasted on here Shyster. Shouldn''t you be concentrating on the World Cup? Brazil have surely been in touch by now! [:^)][^o)][+o(][/quote]

I haven''t missed Shyster''s tenure as NCFC manager