Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Lambert slates his critics

LOL -I think that you''re vastly over-estimating the importance of the posts (and the posters) on here!

The uninformed rants of a few "keyboard warriors" are going to have no impact upon Lambert whatsoever (even if he did bother to read this site, which I very much doubt). 

[quote]and am sure that things said here are indirectly quoted in their stories.[/quote]

That and Lambert and/or his cohorts peak in on this message board.

I find it quite disconcerting that he''s chosen such a vital stage of the season to bite and lose his composure.

If I were he I wouldn''t react to the critics until the job was done - I would also take criticism from the obvious well-learned (such as myself) as sound advice.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

LOL -I think that you''re vastly over-estimating the importance of the posts (and the posters) on here!

The uninformed rants of a few "keyboard warriors" are going to have no impact upon Lambert whatsoever (even if he did bother to read this site, which I very much doubt). 

[/quote]I doubt very much that Lambert reads this site, but what I actually said is that I would imagine that journos look here to gauge the general consensus of current fans opinion, its the 21st century equivalent of asking people in the street their opinion.

Apologies for the f*cked up quotation and incorrect spelling of ''peek'' there.

I''m on a laptop elsewhere.

His teams lost 2 games in ten so SACK him !!!!!!Bring back Gunn !!!!!

heheheeeJust joking, I wonder  how  many thought that after reading that ?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

I doubt very much that Lambert reads this site, but what I actually said is that I would imagine that journos look here to gauge the general consensus of current fans opinion, its the 21st century equivalent of asking people in the street their opinion.
[/quote]

As I said, I don''t think insignificant message boards would influence Lambert, directly or indirectly.  

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="morty"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]I doubt very much that Lambert reads this site, but what I actually said is that I would imagine that journos look here to gauge the general consensus of current fans opinion, its the 21st century equivalent of asking people in the street their opinion. [/quote]

As I said, I don''t think insignificant message boards would influence Lambert, directly or indirectly.  

[/quote]I don''t think you''re getting my point but I can''t be arsed to labour it lol.[:)]

morty - I use a forum where Bowie, Jonathan Ross and Ricky Gervais, among other well knowns, regularly contribute.

I don''t think it''s too unrealistic to assume that Lambert looks in here.

He''s only a Third Division football manager ffs.

[quote user="Shyster"]morty - I use a forum where Bowie, Jonathan Ross and Ricky Gervais, among other well knowns, regularly contribute.

He''s only a Third Division football manager ffs.[/quote]Maybe he does, maybe he doesn''t, I have no idea lol.I would doubt very much that he takes any of it seriously though.I''m sorry if you secretly held the belief that Lambert was basing his formation changes based on your advice.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"]morty - I use a forum where Bowie, Jonathan Ross and Ricky Gervais, among other well knowns, regularly contribute.

He''s only a Third Division football manager ffs.[/quote]Maybe he does, maybe he doesn''t, I have no idea lol.I would doubt very much that he takes any of it seriously though.I''m sorry if you secretly held the belief that Lambert was basing his formation changes based on your advice.[;)][/quote]

Don''t be sorry, morty.

Just be grateful if Lambert adheres to said advice.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"]morty - I use a forum where Bowie, Jonathan Ross and Ricky Gervais, among other well knowns, regularly contribute.

He''s only a Third Division football manager ffs.[/quote]Maybe he does, maybe he doesn''t, I have no idea lol.I would doubt very much that he takes any of it seriously though.I''m sorry if you secretly held the belief that Lambert was basing his formation changes based on your advice.[;)][/quote]

Don''t be sorry, morty.

Just be grateful if Lambert adheres to said advice.[/quote]Back to the diamond today?

[quote user="Shyster"]morty - I use a forum where Bowie, Jonathan Ross and Ricky Gervais, among other well knowns, regularly contribute.

He''s only a Third Division football manager ffs.[/quote]I would hope Lambert doesn''t read this board, he should be far too busy for any of that. Also, I am pretty sure he is too self assured to heed your advice, even if you do have such illustrious ''friends''.[;)]

[quote user="Shyster"]If I were he I wouldn''t react to the critics until the job was done - I would also take criticism from the obvious well-learned (such as myself) as sound advice.[/quote]Wakey wakey time shyster.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I hope the sad thread starting tw*ts who''ve questioned him and HIS team on here choke on their words and hang their heads in shame.[:@][/quote]

You know they won''t mate because really they couldn''t care who or what their negative footballer bashing threads have.

I''m not saying don''t express an opinion or critisise fairly, but each week we see threads bashing one player or another.  We are sitting top of the league what more do these people want? [:|]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I hope the sad thread starting tw*ts who''ve questioned him and HIS team on here choke on their words and hang their heads in shame.[:@][/quote]

You know they won''t mate because really they couldn''t care who or what their negative footballer bashing threads have.

I''m not saying don''t express an opinion or critisise fairly, but each week we see threads bashing one player or another.  We are sitting top of the league what more do these people want? [:|]

[/quote]To moan, all they want to do is moan![:''(]

Sorry, i think i''m missing something here. Who are these so called critics that we''re/Lambert is talking about?

Is he talking about people on here who suggest alternative formations (Shyster), or who wouldn''t play Lappin (Smudger)? As Rudolph said, that''s just part of being a fan. Or is he talking about the crowd booing at half time v Southend?

He''s talked repeatedly about the pressure of the big crowd, he knows what it''s like. He''s played at Celtic for goodness sake!

He knows more than any of us that performance levels have dropped from earlier in the season, but no-one''s criticising that as far as i can see. Just giving their views about how to change it or not change it.

No, i don''t buy it, i think he''s just being a bit cute and deflecting pressure off the players. The more i see of him, the more he reminds me of Ferguson. With bit of O''Neill thrown in. What a combination!

I have never said the diamond is cracked, but I do believe we are one dimensional with hoolahan... obviously we are top of the league with it and have struggled when we haven''t had holt or hoolahan

there are players in this starting 11 who have excelled this year and probably played better than we thought... I believe in constructive criticism and certainly it feels good to basically comment about players for next season

I do think we need a more balanced and threatening plan b... I do think we haven''t played well since holt was sent off, but have got through and sometimes fortunately with wins

I do believe there is the need to nip in the bud problems or poor performances as they become a habit

so fair play lambert and our team I am delighted where we are, but I am happy to look to our transfer dealings in the summer as we will be looking to develop a stronger squad. Certainly with new starters

[quote user="Shyster"]Hope not.[/quote]

rofl

so stick with the 442 then shyster?

So whats your 3rd way then??

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

To moan, all they want to do is moan![:''(]
[/quote]

We''re doomed (Sorry Lapps couldn''t resist) lol

HA!

My 4-3-3 would enable both to play.

I''d have McNamee, Holt & Martin as forwards with Hoolahan as playmaker in central-midfield -- the 3 central midfielders would go laterally protecting and supplying the defenders and forwards respectively.

I''d also be tempted to field Askou at left-back.

[quote user="Shyster"]4-3-3 by the way.[/quote]

You front and middle 3s being?

Holt, Martin Johnson

Hughes Russell  Smith

posts crossed!

That would still leave us with a v weak defensively midfield though with Wes in the middle...Thats where we are struggling,  winning ball in midfield and staying far enough up the pitch. 

For today replace Russell with Lappin in mine and I can see it working,  or Hoolahan or McNamee for Johnson up front.

At teh back Rose plays as a dedicated full back,  askou or whitbread in for nelson when fit,  drury on for rose when fit too

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Shyster"]4-3-3 by the way.[/quote]

You front and middle 3s being?

Holt, Martin Johnson

Hughes Russell  Smith

[/quote]

My central-midfield today in a 4-3-3 would be Hoolahan, Gill and Smith.