Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Lambert slates his critics

In your face, "Cracked Diamond"ers!-----------------------"We have set an unbelievably high standard of football," he said.

"There have been matches where we''ve won four or five threes, and as

soon as you win 2-1 people think they''re not playing well. "Honestly,

I hope it never happens, but if we don''t play well or we really get a

doing from somebody, God knows what you''ll write - and that''s us at the

top of the league. "So, top of the league and people still

have a go - it''s a bit bizarre, because we''re playing really well and

we''re up there on merit. We have had a great run and we will keep on

going."The thing that annoys me is the lads have turned an

unbelievable season around really, really quickly. When was the last

time this club was top? So people forget what it''s like up there -

except us, because I know what it''s like."Lambert was bemused

at criticism of his decision to leave midfielder Korey Smith on the

bench for the midweek win over Southend - which made it eight wins and

two defeats in 10 games since the turn of the year. "He had a

hamstring problem - and he''s only 18 and it is my prerogative to do

what I want with him," said Lambert. "And he''s only a kid and it is up

to me. If I make a story in this club it''s my decision who I play and

who I don''t."Pressure is part of the game, you have to be able

to handle it and don''t read your own press because somewhere along the

line it comes back and bites you. The only one they have to please is

myself. It''s my opinion who I think can play and if the lads do that

then great."

Yep agree. Do people have that a short memory? 

....oh, but then we should be in the Premier League blah blah blah. Tell that to the Charltons etc.

Enjoy Lambert while we''ve got him as nothing lasts forever, and what he has achieved so far (although not finished) has been pretty amazing. I can''t remember the last time we had a manager that used substitutions so effectively.

We have a guy that played to a very high level under very good managers and is still learning/proving his managerial craft here with us. If he punches anywhere near his playing weight we have a diamond. Look to our natural rivals ...we could have Roy Keane (if we had had millions to squander) [:|]

The thing is it''s so easy for people to criticise from behind a computer screen. 

If they wereto meet Paul Lambert i''m sure he would probably leave them crying in the corner by exposing their lack of knowledge of the beautiful game.

I feckin love him!!

It does seem he is a little fed up with greedy supporters who want 3-0 or 4-0 wins every single weekend now.Like he pointed out, it''s 2 defeats in 18 and we are TOP OF THE LEAGUEwhy isnt everyone more happy?

Totally agree with Lambert, it''s unbelieveable that some people are criticising a team top of the league. They should shut up and get behind the team & the manager.

It''s all about being 100% together between now & the end of the season.

Opinions are all part of football and there is nothing wrong with debate whether it be on an internet forum; in the pub or in the stands.

That is not the same thing as booing, leaving early or berating young players like Martin constantly (and within Lambert''s earshot).

We are entitled to question amongs ourselves and speculate but if we choose to openly abuse our team or players we are in a different area altogether.

That said, I have been constantly surprised at Paul Lambert''s fatalistic comments in his time here: he has spoken about how the fans are behind him, for now, and how quickly he knows it can change. He is ignoring the vast majority when he speaks about the easily dissillusioned and unappreciative (empty vessels make the most noise,Paul) and he makes a lot of reference to the comments of certain people when he is also trying to say he doesn''t care and is his own man.

Paul, I''m sure you are your own man. Please ignore the general chat or take it for what it is. Ignore totally the idiots, although you are clearly a man manager who likes to defend his players, and relax into a long term attitude that while you will no doubt move on at some stage you might care to realise the potential of this Club alongside your own ambitions and that will mean becoming part of the furniture.

I absolutely agree with Lambert that the effort of players to turn around this crucial season has been incredible. It doesn''t matter what the league, to win consistently is a massive acheivement and players have clearly given their all.

For the fans, don''t let your fear of failure cloud your judgement or your personal disappointment affect your attitude to this outstanding manager and committed group of players. We all need to be ''bigger'' in every sense.

i agree with him as i have always said, we lost to southampton and millwall ..so what .

the team we have are human beings and not perfect all the time , some we win and we may not have played well but we still are not giving in and turning games round late ..better late than never .

considering its a new look city from last season to be honest i think every player who has put on a yellow shirt this season should be proud of what they have achieved .

lambert you are doing a great job , and each and every player has done thier bit .

well said lambert ,we are top of the leauge scoring for fun and have a great team with ambition and drive , the people who are mocking them should take a look at the bigger picture the state this club was in ,and where it is now .

we have a solid team to build on now .

keep up the good work lads...good luck today .

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]morty wrote I''m really feeling a lot of man love for Paul Lambert right now.

Cue sudden interest from Houston, Texas.[/quote]Its fine, he''s on my "ignore" list.[:)]

Can''t argue with what Lambo has said.

Right words, right time.

In any case, wouldn''t want to argue with him, as I''d lose!

Agree with everything he said, we don''t want to start annoying him or he will bugger off and who could blame him!Top of the league, points clear or our rivals and all we get is moaning that we aren''t thrashing teams.

Be a Daydream Believer Lambo!''

''Cheer up Paul Lam..............bert

Don''t you get so hurt

By twats -

like Cluck and Smudger

hiding, behind their kwert (y - keyboard).''

Lets get it straight Lambert has done a great job and is a breath of fresh air but at the end of the day we are in division 3 and should be up there with a shout, if we were not then i would worry about the clubs future, we should be in the championship at least, no excuses, imo.

Look lets be honest, we are top, we are winning, but even the most die hard City fan must admit that lately we have been looking tired???

That is in no way a critisim, I like Lambert, im proud of the team, im proud we are top {even if it is division 3}, but i will openly admit i think we look tired. Im not slagging them off, just saying what I see.

Example of this, Hartlepool at home, 2-1 up, few minutes left, and we are in the corner, holding the ball wasting time.

Would we have been waasting time 2-1 at home to Hartlepool a couple or few months ago? No. We would have been pressing for a 3rd to kill the game off.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Look lets be honest, we are top, we are winning, but even the most die hard City fan must admit that lately we have been looking tired???

That is in no way a critisim, I like Lambert, im proud of the team, im proud we are top {even if it is division 3}, but i will openly admit i think we look tired. Im not slagging them off, just saying what I see.[/quote]They do look tired, but I think his comments were directed at the boo boys who seem to be appearing, they need to shut up and save it for when/if they actually have something to boo about. Bunch of morons to boo when we are where we are.

I know I wasn''t the only person where I sit to not be surprised at Korey being on the bench Tuesday. He''s played a lot of games for a young lad and I figured Lambert was giving him a break. After all, it''s in his and the club''s interests to only play the fittest players and if Korey wasn''t up to 90 minutes, then that''s Lambert''s decision. He is the manager. Losing at Millwall was always very likely given their home record. Losing against Southampton was disappointing as we didn''t play well but they have been producing good results so again we shouldn''t have been too shocked that we could lose. A small consolation is that we didn''t lose to bottom clubs, as last year, but to clubs that have proved they deserve to be contenders for getting out of this league.As wonderful as it could be, through rose-tinted spectacles, we cannot win every game, every week. We are going to lose sometimes. It''s the way of the game. It''s the way and frequency of loss we have to consider - as in the previous 2 seasons. Now that deserved rants. This recent loss doesn''t.

I may come on here and moan but when im at the games im 100% behind the team for the 90+ minutes......then I come on here and moan lol.

Seriously though, I back the team fully at games, people around me in the barclay upper e block, start moaning and getting on the players backs after, for example on tuesday 5 bloody minutes!!! Give the guys a chance...an as for booing the team....pathetic.

When we were in relegation fights for the previous odd seasons....nobody really booed, yet when we are top they are booing....baffling!!!!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I may come on here and moan but when im at the games im 100% behind the team for the 90+ minutes......then I come on here and moan lol.

Seriously though, I back the team fully at games, people around me in the barclay upper e block, start moaning and getting on the players backs after, for example on tuesday 5 bloody minutes!!! Give the guys a chance...an as for booing the team....pathetic.

When we were in relegation fights for the previous odd seasons....nobody really booed, yet when we are top they are booing....baffling!!!!!![/quote]I largely agree, although I think moaning on here (when things are going so well) is a bit uneccesary, but it is the right place to do. I really don''t understand why people pay to go to games, to then boo the team and management.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]In your face, "Cracked Diamond"ers!

-----------------------

"We have set an unbelievably high standard of football," he said. "There have been matches where we''ve won four or five threes, and as soon as you win 2-1 people think they''re not playing well.

"Honestly, I hope it never happens, but if we don''t play well or we really get a doing from somebody, God knows what you''ll write - and that''s us at the top of the league.

"So, top of the league and people still have a go - it''s a bit bizarre, because we''re playing really well and we''re up there on merit. We have had a great run and we will keep on going.

"The thing that annoys me is the lads have turned an unbelievable season around really, really quickly. When was the last time this club was top? So people forget what it''s like up there - except us, because I know what it''s like."

Lambert was bemused at criticism of his decision to leave midfielder Korey Smith on the bench for the midweek win over Southend - which made it eight wins and two defeats in 10 games since the turn of the year.

"He had a hamstring problem - and he''s only 18 and it is my prerogative to do what I want with him," said Lambert. "And he''s only a kid and it is up to me. If I make a story in this club it''s my decision who I play and who I don''t.

"Pressure is part of the game, you have to be able to handle it and don''t read your own press because somewhere along the line it comes back and bites you. The only one they have to please is myself. It''s my opinion who I think can play and if the lads do that then great."[/quote]

Lambo is having a go at the media here, not people on message boards, as has been suggested earlier in this thread.

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Look lets be honest, we are top, we are winning, but even the most die hard City fan must admit that lately we have been looking tired??? That is in no way a critisim, I like Lambert, im proud of the team, im proud we are top {even if it is division 3}, but i will openly admit i think we look tired. Im not slagging them off, just saying what I see.[/quote]

They do look tired, but I think his comments were directed at the boo boys who seem to be appearing, they need to shut up and save it for when/if they actually have something to boo about. Bunch of morons to boo when we are where we are.
[/quote]

I personally can''t believe the boo boys, that attitude will ruin us, especially when we are top of the league. Yes, we should be in the Championship or higher but we are as high as we can possibly be at the current time.

However, I''m not sure the comments Lambert make are actually intended for the fans, nit directly anyhow. I think he is having a go at criticism from the press... "Honestly, I hope it never happens, but if we don''t play well or we really get a doing from somebody, God knows what you''ll write - and that''s us at the top of the league"

Unless, he is picking out the Pinkun forumers...

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]In your face, "Cracked Diamond"ers!-----------------------"We have set an unbelievably high standard of football," he said. "There have been matches where we''ve won four or five threes, and as soon as you win 2-1 people think they''re not playing well. "Honestly, I hope it never happens, but if we don''t play well or we really get a doing from somebody, God knows what you''ll write - and that''s us at the top of the league. "So, top of the league and people still have a go - it''s a bit bizarre, because we''re playing really well and we''re up there on merit. We have had a great run and we will keep on going."The thing that annoys me is the lads have turned an unbelievable season around really, really quickly. When was the last time this club was top? So people forget what it''s like up there - except us, because I know what it''s like."Lambert was bemused at criticism of his decision to leave midfielder Korey Smith on the bench for the midweek win over Southend - which made it eight wins and two defeats in 10 games since the turn of the year. "He had a hamstring problem - and he''s only 18 and it is my prerogative to do what I want with him," said Lambert. "And he''s only a kid and it is up to me. If I make a story in this club it''s my decision who I play and who I don''t."Pressure is part of the game, you have to be able to handle it and don''t read your own press because somewhere along the line it comes back and bites you. The only one they have to please is myself. It''s my opinion who I think can play and if the lads do that then great."[/quote]

Lambo is having a go at the media here, not people on message boards, as has been suggested earlier in this thread.

[/quote]Its very easy for the journos to look here for what the current opinion is though, and am sure that things said here are indirectly quoted in their stories.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]In your face, "Cracked Diamond"ers!

-----------------------

"We have set an unbelievably high standard of football," he said. "There have been matches where we''ve won four or five threes, and as soon as you win 2-1 people think they''re not playing well.

"Honestly, I hope it never happens, but if we don''t play well or we really get a doing from somebody, God knows what you''ll write - and that''s us at the top of the league.

"So, top of the league and people still have a go - it''s a bit bizarre, because we''re playing really well and we''re up there on merit. We have had a great run and we will keep on going.

"The thing that annoys me is the lads have turned an unbelievable season around really, really quickly. When was the last time this club was top? So people forget what it''s like up there - except us, because I know what it''s like."

Lambert was bemused at criticism of his decision to leave midfielder Korey Smith on the bench for the midweek win over Southend - which made it eight wins and two defeats in 10 games since the turn of the year.

"He had a hamstring problem - and he''s only 18 and it is my prerogative to do what I want with him," said Lambert. "And he''s only a kid and it is up to me. If I make a story in this club it''s my decision who I play and who I don''t.

"Pressure is part of the game, you have to be able to handle it and don''t read your own press because somewhere along the line it comes back and bites you. The only one they have to please is myself. It''s my opinion who I think can play and if the lads do that then great."[/quote]

[/quote]

Beat me to it!

He said earlier that fans pay their money and are entitled to their opinions. Personally, I think it is wrong, for where we are now it shouldn''t happen. I have booed in the past but not when we are top of the league. Maybe when we''ve previously showed no passion and given up the fight but not now. Not when we are moving in the right direction!

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I may come on here and moan but when im at the games im 100% behind the team for the 90+ minutes......then I come on here and moan lol. Seriously though, I back the team fully at games, people around me in the barclay upper e block, start moaning and getting on the players backs after, for example on tuesday 5 bloody minutes!!! Give the guys a chance...an as for booing the team....pathetic. When we were in relegation fights for the previous odd seasons....nobody really booed, yet when we are top they are booing....baffling!!!!!![/quote]

I largely agree, although I think moaning on here (when things are going so well) is a bit uneccesary, but it is the right place to do. I really don''t understand why people pay to go to games, to then boo the team and management.
[/quote]

Yeah but old habits die hard and some folk love a good moan. I doubt Lambert was talking about posters on here though. But seriously, we''re not going to win every home game four or five. We dominated Tuesday but missed our chances and didn''t win ''til the very last. In some places it was reported as though we stole the game. The fact we still won was testament to the desire and commitment of the players to keep going. On another day those early chances would haver been put away and the same performance would have been described as a comfortable win.

Anyway, I love Lambert having a pop at Smudger[;)]

In Lambert we trust[Y]