Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Whats with all the Chrissy Martin slating?

• I really do not understand why Martin is getting so much stick on here? He has been instrumental all season and as soon as he has just one or two quite game everybody is slating the boy again. He hasn''t exactly done anything wrong in those few games, just not scored which people have come to expect as a given in this league, its not, even ask Grant Holt. People may think he has been around for ages, but in all honesty Chrissy is still learning, please remember he is barely 21 and this is his first full season at this level, and at Norwich. How many of you would have taken around 20 goals from him with still 2 and a bit months left, I for one would have snapped your hand off! He is by FAR the best finisher at the club, and probably our most worthy asset. Hoolahan has been quiet for the past few games, Holt is struggling a bit for form, as are most of the squad, you don''t see anyone slagging them off. For some reason or another, Chrissy is not a fan favorite and therefore when things aren''t swaying in his favor people unbelievably get on his back! Also, people calling him lazy, snap out of it. You don''t see the likes of, Owen, Anelka & Berbatov running around like a man possessed do you, and these are supposedly the best strikers in the world, quite simply Chris Martin is not. Earlier there was someone comparing him with Rooney, that is quite simply not fair on the lad, Wayne Rooney is the best striker in the country and a special, special talent participating in a great team, noone can compare with him.
Just take a look at the goals he has scored this season, and how many games he has won for us:Norwich versus Brentford: Johnstone Paint Trophy, scored the winning goal. Norwich versus Leyton Orient: League 1, 0-0 with 15 minutes left, City struggling to find the net, up comes Chrissy with a great finish and we win 4-0.Norwich versus Bristol Rovers: League 1, gets the ball rolling with a sublime free kick, go on to win 5-1.Norwich versus Swindon: League 1, poor game Martin wins us 3 points with the only goal.Norwich versus Paulton: FA Cup, worries of a cup upset or an unconvincing result put to bed with 4 Martin goals.Norwich versus Yeovil: League 1, 1-0 down playing badly, needed a lift, Martin provides an equalizer which turns out to up our game.Norwich versus Southampton: Johnstone Paint Trophy, scores a goal that should have been a winner, which could have taken us to within 2 games from Wembley.Norwich versus Colchester: League 1, two brilliant finishes in the first half proved pivotal to the final result. If it was 0-0 Half Time, would the result have been different?Norwich versus Brentford: League 1, Holt sent off game panning out for a 0-0 draw up pops Martin to give us 3 vital points.Norwich versus Walsall: League 1, starts our come back after a bleak game with nothing looking likely to happen, go on to win 2-1.Seriously guys, that isn''t half bad. He has won us enough points to earn a fan favorite status, a rough total he has won us about 10 points which without we would be 2nd with Colchester right behind us, wouldn''t be laughing so much then would we? He has certainly given us enough to be allowed a few poorer games at least, and even the term ''poorer'' is probably an exaggeration!Anyway that is my 3,000 post over and done with, a shame it had to be a rant but I felt quite strongly about it.Give the lad a break, keep it up Chrissy you have been absolutely fantastic [Y]Come on the Villa! [Y] [:)] 

It''s just because everyone has got Oli fever and Chrissy hasn''t been performing well just lately so everyone wants to give Oli a start. No one would say start Cody in front of Martin because he isn''t a brand new exciting player with a bag of trips, when Oli has settled down here this craze will slowly disappear unless Oli keeps his promising start going and he is the player he looks like being.

How about you actually read the Martin posts before you start with the backlash. In mine im simply suggesting he could do with a rest as he has clearly looked jaded for the last 3 games. Nobody i dont think is slating Martin and saying he''s rubbish. 19 goals has proved he''s had a great season and his link up play and short passing game with Hoolahan has been instrumental to our resurgence.He just needs a rest i feel.

[quote user="Barclayman"]How about you actually read the Martin posts before you start with the backlash. In mine im simply suggesting he could do with a rest as he has clearly looked jaded for the last 3 games. Nobody i dont think is slating Martin and saying he''s rubbish. 19 goals has proved he''s had a great season and his link up play and short passing game with Hoolahan has been instrumental to our resurgence.He just needs a rest i feel.[/quote]Yeah, fair do''s but I was not meaning that post or in fact a lot of posts about him on this forum. At the matches I feel people are always moaning and groaning at him unfairly and I just wanted to prove exactly how much he has done for us this season [Y]

You''re spot on PUP. There are plenty having a moan at him around were I sit too. A young local lad, first season playing regularly and scored 19 goals already. Sometimes I get so angry - these people are supposed to be supporters!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]You''re spot on PUP. There are plenty having a moan at him around were I sit too. A young local lad, first season playing regularly and scored 19 goals already. Sometimes I get so angry - these people are supposed to be supporters![/quote]

As I''ve said several times, in the eyes of some supporters he will always be the lazy arrogant lad that he was before Roeder shipped him out. Yes, he''s having a dip, but so is Wes, yet I see no-one screaming for him to be benched. Martin is class and will come good shortly, just like Holty did yesterday after two poor games.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]You''re spot on PUP. There are plenty having a moan at him around were I sit too. A young local lad, first season playing regularly and scored 19 goals already. Sometimes I get so angry - these people are supposed to be supporters![/quote]

As I''ve said several times, in the eyes of some supporters he will always be the lazy arrogant lad that he was before Roeder shipped him out. Yes, he''s having a dip, but so is Wes, yet I see no-one screaming for him to be benched. Martin is class and will come good shortly, just like Holty did yesterday after two poor games.

[/quote]Exactly [Y]

[quote user="Barclayman"]How about you actually read the Martin posts before you start with the backlash. In mine im simply suggesting he could do with a rest as he has clearly looked jaded for the last 3 games. Nobody i dont think is slating Martin and saying he''s rubbish. 19 goals has proved he''s had a great season and his link up play and short passing game with Hoolahan has been instrumental to our resurgence.He just needs a rest i feel.[/quote]

Pity that you wont answer my question about why if he is now so bad however he is in the 5 nominations for PFA player of the month for February. Please answer the question Barclayman

Well they''ve had a go at Doc and Lappin so I guess its someone elses turn for a while.Thank God Lambert is not as easily swayed as some of the teenage scriblers on here.

[quote user="ricardo"]Well they''ve had a go at Doc and Lappin so I guess its someone elses turn for a while.Thank God Lambert is not as easily swayed as some of the teenage scriblers on here.[/quote]

Well said Ricardo if I look at several threads at the moment people want to drop from the team that is top of the league - Rose - R Martin - Nelson - Doc - C Martin - Lappin - Smith - Holt. I can only assume the team they want to play is Forster in goal - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - Johnson and McNamee

O well I suppose with all the running McNamee will have to do he will need a rest as he will be tired after a couple of games.

Most of these seem to be the same people that were begging the club just 6 weeks ago not to sell Hoolihan / Holt / Martin as if we did our season would be over.

Give him a rest? No way! Everyone is saying everyone needs a rest!  If every players was rested who looks like they are a little bit tired and everyone was rested who people on here want to be rested we would be playing our reserves!

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="ricardo"]Well they''ve had a go at Doc and Lappin so I guess its someone elses turn for a while.Thank God Lambert is not as easily swayed as some of the teenage scriblers on here.[/quote]

Well said Ricardo if I look at several threads at the moment people want to drop from the team that is top of the league - Rose - R Martin - Nelson - Doc - C Martin - Lappin - Smith - Holt. I can only assume the team they want to play is Forster in goal - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - McNamee - Johnson and McNamee

O well I suppose with all the running McNamee will have to do he will need a rest as he will be tired after a couple of games.

Most of these seem to be the same people that were begging the club just 6 weeks ago not to sell Hoolihan / Holt / Martin as if we did our season would be over.[/quote]Well personally I don''t rate Mcnamee was the new messiah, like some, and think Oli is a better impact sub than a starter... so in that case my team would have to be:                             ForsterForster        Forster          Forster        ForsterForster        Forster          Forster        Forster                   Forster          ForsterSubs: Johnson, Johnson, Johnson, Johnson, JohnsonI like it, personally... [Y]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]                             ForsterForster        Forster          Forster        ForsterForster        Forster          Forster        Forster                   Forster          ForsterSubs: Johnson, Johnson, Johnson, Johnson, Johnson[/quote]This can only mean one thing, the experiment is nearly complete !

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]I agree - think this mentality should be known as "The Doherty Effect" to be honest! No matter how well some players do (Doc/Martin/Lappin), some fans will never give them credit!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]                                                           ForsterForster        Forster          Forster        ForsterForster        Forster          Forster        Forster                   Forster          ForsterSubs: Johnson, Johnson, Johnson, Johnson, Johnson[/quote]This can only mean one thing, the experiment is nearly complete ![/quote]If we clone Forster we could make a fortune selling all his clones on to other clubs for couple of million each!  We could start a black market in goalkeepers*!*Is this racist, too?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]If we clone Forster we could make a fortune selling all his clones on to other clubs for couple of million each!  We could start a black market in goalkeepers*!*Is this racist, too?[/quote]Would the clones be Newcastle players or Norwich ones ?* No, it''s not, it''s a war-time saying.  You know, like Gollywogs.Oh.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]If we clone Forster we could make a fortune selling all his clones on to other clubs for couple of million each!  We could start a black market in goalkeepers*!*Is this racist, too?[/quote]Would the clones be Newcastle players or Norwich ones ?* No, it''s not, it''s a war-time saying.  You know, like Gollywogs.Oh.[/quote]Norwich ones, natch... not given them bloody barcodes any of the cash we''re going to earn from this here cloning scam!* you daft racist...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Norwich ones, natch... not given them bloody barcodes any of the cash we''re going to earn from this here cloning scam!* you daft racist...[/quote]Superb !  We''ll be playing Man City in the Champions League final before you can say "bank-rolled by oil money" !* Only through stupidity, mainly through faux-pas''s.What is the plural of faux-pas ?

I recall a number of years ago when a young player, from the Academy, came on and was continually caught in the off-side trap. He got so much verbal abuse from several people around me that was unnecessary. He was young and inexperienced, up against experienced defenders, therefore logical that they would take advantage of this in their game plan.We sold him a few years later.

I think I can safely say he''s doing ok now, Craig Bellamy.

He''s f***in useless! or so the lovely girl near me would have you believe. A fine example of why women shouldn''t be involved in football. It''s great hearing her shout all the cliches that you would expect to hear from parents at a kiddies game on a sunday and then educating us with her insight, wisdom and charm. This is just one example of the ignorance in and around Carrow Road, don''t underestimate the lack of knowledge available. It is quite possible those who understand football in the stands are outnumbered by those who don''t by 2 to 1, if not more.

[quote user="PUPs are City''s future ...Norwich"[quote]

• I really do not understand why Martin is getting so much stick on here? 

[/quote]

Its very simple PUPS, its the PU Message board, Rose and Chrissy are the the targets at the mo, although it could be Nelson, Doc and even Holt and Lambert next week,  they''re all best filed under Idiots Rantings!