Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Thanks everyone.  Keep those picks coming.  It looks like a tough week  We''re getting 10-18 inches of snow here in NYC as I type this, how are things looking over there?  Any particular areas of the country or pitches that might get frozen out this weekend?

For my selection this week I''m going for the team that so cruelly let Pete down last week. I hope I''m not tempting fate but hopefully lightning won''t strike twice in the same place[li]

PSV are at home again this week but this time to the bottom side Waalwijk who have lost 12 of their 13 away games this season conceding 29 goals and scoring just 8 in the process. Now I know PSV have a Europa match tonight but even so surely they have to win this top v bottom clash.

PSV Eindhoven   V     RKC Waalwijk      Home Win

Good luck all you PUPs[Y]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Thanks everyone.  Keep those picks coming.  It looks like a tough week  We''re getting 10-18 inches of snow here in NYC as I type this, how are things looking over there?  Any particular areas of the country or pitches that might get frozen out this weekend?[/quote]There has been heavy snow in Scotland, I believe.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Thanks everyone.  Keep those picks coming.  It looks like a tough week  We''re getting 10-18 inches of snow here in NYC as I type this, how are things looking over there?  Any particular areas of the country or pitches that might get frozen out this weekend?
[/quote]

Just had a check on the trusty old Beeb and as Blah said the extreme North of England and Scotland have snow. Milder down South with only rain forecast for today and tomorrow. Forecast for saturday is ok and Sunday is meant to be wet and windy. Check it all out here

Courtesy of nutty nigel - Bog Cleaner, Bingo Caller and Weatherman[H]

Championship for me where WBA ( 9 2 4 31 15 ) are looking good for automatic promotion, entertain Derby ( 2 5 8 10 19 ) who have only scored ten away goals all season. So........

WBA v Derby County.......Home win.

Good luck Justin. [Y]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Thanks everyone.  Keep those picks coming.  It looks like a tough week  We''re getting 10-18 inches of snow here in NYC as I type this, how are things looking over there?  Any particular areas of the country or pitches that might get frozen out this weekend?
[/quote]

Heavy rain could also be a problem especially at some of the lower league grounds eg. Colchester was postponed on Tuesday night because the pitch was waterlogged.  Oldham could be under threat if it keeps raining imo.

Short and sweet this week - Scottish 3rd Division     Livingston Vs Montrose - Home win    (Reserve pick if this one rained off  - York Vs Eastbourne Boro Home win)      Best of luck NYC and here''s hoping for a city win and of course, a PUPs win too :)

[quote user="The Butler"]

Hope you are soon up to you usual self Nutty...(hell what am I saying[:D])

The Butler is sacrificing himself for the good of NCFC this week and Knowing what a curse I can be on teams my selection is.....

Big drum roll .......Huddersfield>>Leeds DRAW

[/quote]

i normally see games are popular and check that noone had picked my nap, and because it is a draw im normally safe when I post my pick - but this week someone has taken my pick(hudds leeds draw) so its back to look for a new draw as I like to offer something different!

So instead I will go for a Barnsley Vs Blackpool draw, im working on the basis that the away team is higher in the table and that the teams will even each other out!

This week should be a correct nap as im currently on a 7 week streak of correct, incorrect and last week was incorrect [;)]

Good luck to everyone - but especially to The butler as he is joining me in the ''pick a draw'' and also NewYorkCanary who is this weeks picker!

p.s. I made your smiley face for you Butler as you missed out the '']''[Y]

Still can''t believe last weeks outcome!! I''m off to Holland this week and

PSV Eindhoven v RKC Waalwijk - Home Win

PSV are top, unbeaten all season in the league and have W11 D2 L0 at home. Waalwijk are bottom, have lost 9 of their last 10 and have W1 D0 L10 away.

Good luck all PUPs, especially NYCanary.

Beleaguered Chester City face expulsion from the Blue Square Conference - The meeting, to be held at Rushden and Diamonds’ Nene Park at 11am today, will

feature the other 23 Blue Square Premier clubs, who each have one vote,

plus representatives from the Blue Square North and South, who have

eight votes between them.I reckon most clubs will abstain and Chester will remain a Conference club, in which case I must opt for an away victory for top o'' the table Oxford over them in tomorrows fixture.

Personally, I''d rather see them booted out as it would benefit my second team Luton points wise.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I''m going to bravely follow the masses and pick Barcelona to beat Malaga.Good luck NYC [Y][/quote]

Are Barcelona away?The odds on that one must be terrific otherwise. [:P]

I''m off to Italy this week.  I can''t see AC Milan having too much trouble with lowly Atalanta, so it''s

AC MILAN home win v''s Atalanta for me

Good luck!

Norwich will beat Oldham - AWAY WIN for me please.

Good luck fellow PUPs [ip]

Has anyone else noticed that to get palm trees you need to type [ i p ] ? The name of this icon is ''paradise''; paradise can''t begin with Ip can it...? [:|]

[quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"]

Norwich will beat Oldham - AWAY WIN for me please.

Good luck fellow PUPs [ip]

Has anyone else noticed that to get palm trees you need to type [ i p ] ? The name of this icon is ''paradise''; paradise can''t begin with Ip can it...? [:|]

[/quote]

Paradise lost perhaps?

[quote user="Shyster"]Beleaguered Chester City face expulsion from the Blue Square Conference - The meeting, to be held at Rushden and Diamonds’ Nene Park at 11am today, will

feature the other 23 Blue Square Premier clubs, who each have one vote,

plus representatives from the Blue Square North and South, who have

eight votes between them.I reckon most clubs will abstain and Chester will remain a Conference club, in which case I must opt for an away victory for top o'' the table Oxford over them in tomorrows fixture.

Personally, I''d rather see them booted out as it would benefit my second team Luton points wise.

[/quote]

Chester have been expelled from the Conference after receiving 75% of the votes required from member clubs. [:O]