Sign in to follow this  
Graham Humphrey

Swindon game

Just a quick question - does anybody know when tickets for this match go on sale? Huddersfield''s been on sale for a while I think and I got a ticket for that on Saturday so I thought Swindon would be too round about now?

Have you tried calling the ticket office? I''d imagine they have a rough idea, and if not then I don''t suppose anyone else does either!

I think there''s a pretty big ticket allocation for away fans at Swindon with a whole stand behind the goal available as the overflow area.

Yeah im planning on going. Im living in reading so will have to buy tickets over the phone or online. Anyone know if I can get a student ticket over the phone? Wont be back in Norwich anytime to buy tickets, so hoping they will take my word for it.

I would phone the ticket office but would probably be frowned upon for doing so at work (as opposed to posting on forums which is, of course, perfectly acceptable). I ain''t going to bother emailing them either as the last time I did that I didn''t get a reply. But no disaster - was just curious to see if anybody had any knowledge of it but if not then no problem.

Having said all that the last time I enquired about tickets, they said they didn''t have any idea when they would be on sale (this was for the game at Southend this season), only to be made available the very next day.

Hopefully we''ll have a good following for both the Huddersfield and Swindon games. Given the importance of both matches I hope we''ll have at least 2,000 at both.

Quick update for anybody who cares...I had a day off work today so on my travels this morning I decided to nip into the club shop in the Mall and ask about the aforementioned tickets.  According to the nice lady at the desk she says they are expecting the tickets to arrive any day now and will be on sale from next Tuesday at the latest.  Oh and we''ve been given an allocation of 3,500 so I doubt there will be much of a problem getting hold of tickets somehow.Hope this is useful for someone.  Failing that it''s a good note to remind me.

Hello swindon fan here, you get 3,200. About 800 are in the Arkells stand which is covered and the overflow stand behind the goal Adkins family stand (stratton bank) is uncovered. The bank only gets used 2 or 3 times a season, this season for you leeds and rovers.

[quote user="Shoreham Moonraker"]

Hello swindon fan here, you get 3,200. About 800 are in the Arkells stand which is covered and the overflow stand behind the goal Adkins family stand (stratton bank) is uncovered. The bank only gets used 2 or 3 times a season, this season for you leeds and rovers.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.  300 less tickets than what I was told then but I doubt that is going to cause much distress.

I was number 8 in the queue earlier and decided not to wait. Just called back and now it won''t even connect me because the queue is full. Oh, I wish I had waited.....  

I shouldn''t panic.

Most games you can pay on the gate. The ticket numbers matter little, it''s always a free for all. Sit where you want.

Swindon has loads of space. Even Exeter where I got there late and there was a problem getting a Norwich ticket I just paid on the side of the pitch (cheaper) then showed a steward my colours, claimed I though Norwich fans had seats there and was walked round to our lot behind the goal.

This game is not a cup final, Even with both teams doing well there''ll be loads of empty seats.

Maybe you can''t get onto ''cabbage'' or you save a quid - seems a lot of hassle and over exitement to me.

Got mine. Living in Reading so just a short drive down the road. After ending up in the Wycombe home end it should be a top atmosphere!