Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Players you went to school with and what they were like in school

The Fashanu boys: Both top blokes...not shining academic stars...didn''t even stand out as footballers so much that you knew they would be high level pros. Toed the line.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Stanley Mathews. Always knew he''d make it one day............[/quote]

Shame his career was cut short.

Of course, with the better fitness and dietary regimes these days he probably would have played for a few more years.........

Chris Sutton, Horsford Middle School 1983-4.  Always tall for his age, cocky, big headed but frankly deserved to be.  Key memory is of him (as a fourth year) walking round the playground on his knees saying in a squeaky voice "oh look, I''m a first year."

Danny Crow. He was a class act back then, but you could see the attitude problems that went on to ruin his career even at that age.

He could''ve done so much more with himself if he''d applied himself properly.

Do scummers count went to school with guy

name of kevin skeggles think thats how you spell his name ,Bungay middle school again.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Stanley Mathews. Always knew he''d make it one day............[/quote]

Come off it Lapp don''t you mean Bernard? Must be him because he was 80 the other week.

Used to regularly play against Matt Gill when younger. Was good, never dreamt I''d be paying to watch him though.

Been fortunate to play against some very good players, the most memorable was a fella called Joe Cole.

Not sure what happened to him but he always had promise haha

Obviously didn''t go to school with him, but when I was at school I spent a lot of time playing around Geoffrey Watlings estate.Always remember him as a kind, quiet man who liked to show off a little [:)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Come off it Lapp don''t you mean Bernard? Must be him because he was 80 the other week.

[/quote]Nope! Definitely Stanley. He''d have been 95 now. Bernard is just a boy.........

Not football or NCFC related in any way, but I went to school with Matthew Hoggard, England Test cricket player. A top bloke, very clever (his dad''s a teacher) and a great athlete too

Kenny Reeves, who was in the academy last year, nothing special though.My mother went to school with Chris Sutton, and was in his brothers class, and his dad was the PE teacher. (Hellesdon High)

[quote user="Brendo "]Kenny Reeves, who was in the academy last year, nothing special though.My mother went to school with Chris Sutton, and was in his brothers class, and his dad was the PE teacher. (Hellesdon High)[/quote]*Mummy. [:)]

In the same year as Joe Lewis at Bungay High. As someone else said very tall. Also very good at cricket. Seemed like a decent bloke though.

Went to school with an academy player. Seemed like a nice chap. Didn''t stand out from the crowd imo but then again. Probably never tried.