Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

For the posters on here who moan about the crowd at Carra Rud...

...this is what Lambert thinks -

"The crowd I think are brilliant and whenever I leave this football club I will always look back and think, ''what a crowd Norwich City have got''.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

"The crowd I think are brilliant and whenever I leave this football club I will always look back and think, ''what a crowd Norwich City have got''.

[/quote]

BUT he hasn''t heard the crowd during the promotion season of 2003-2004 or from decades past.......we''re too quiet!

The opera goers in the Jarrold stand need to make some noise.

BTW. can somebody please wake up the biscuit chasers in the Morgue (City aka G.W.) stand?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

BUT he hasn''t heard the crowd during the promotion season of 2003-2004 or from decades past.......we''re too quiet!

The opera goers in the Jarrold stand need to make some noise.

BTW. can somebody please wake up the biscuit chasers in the Morgue (City aka G.W.) stand?

[/quote]

Don''t you think we''ve tried that, there aren''t people anyhow, they are cardboard cut-outs aren''t they?

So i am a biscuit chasing cardboard cut-out who sits in a morgue.Bearing in mind some of the things levelled at me on here i will take that as a compliment.

All this bulls*it talk about us being too quiet!!!

The Barclay end and snake pit make good noise although sometimes its dampened when we''re winning a game comfortably!

The Norwich away following make good noise!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]For someone who played at Celtic Park I think we need to take what he says about the Norwich crowd with a pinch of salt.For some time Carrow Road has been very subdued..........hardly surprising considering the rubbish that''s been masquerading as entertainment for several years up until recent months.

Well look, what do you expect Lambert to say? ''Our supporters are a joke, they get on the players backs if we are not winning after half an hour''. Doubt it mate, hes not going to want to pee us off is he.

Lambert is far too canny for that. Having a go at the fans was the catalyst that brought about Roeder''s downfall (thank Christ!).

There are a few fans out there expecting us to hammer teams at home. Apart from Southampton, teams are turning up for a point and this is frustrating them.

Although those fans are not necessarily booing or moaning, they are not encouraging either.

The difference between the first 75 minutes against Sarfend and the the last 15 was huge. The will for us to score that winner must''ve made a difference to the players.

Why can''t we get the hang of this earlier?

I think we are too hard on ourselves re: noise/atmosphere - mates of mine who have come to games with me in recent years have been rather impressed at the noise levels. IMO we are probably not that different to most clubs.

That said, the atmosphere towards the end of the play-off season and then when we got promoted was fantastic and doesn''t seem to have been recreated too much since - but it is hardly surprising given the garbage served up all too frequently in the subsequent seasons.

I reckon things will soon kick in, we are now at the business end of the season and in pole position with some big games coming up. The noise levels will hopefully ratchet up a bit again, and if/when we get promoted, will hopefully continue on into next season.

I say the Jarrold needs to sing more if im honest I Sing when im in there but not many people do but i think the noise is ok on the whole.

NR10 not you again!

Do you think Paul Lambert would say anything else? The crowd at Norwich are good when you consider places like loftus road the Ricoh arena portman road.

But I don''t believe Lambert would actually be as stupid as to slate his own fans