Sign in to follow this  
dpit

players you think have played for us but haven't

Reading the all the media coverage abou Ryan Shawcross recently, I initially convinced myself I was reading about one of our ex-loanees. Of course, he never actually played for us but all the speculation a couple of years back that he may be signing on loan, sort of left me with a false memory that he in fact been a Yellow. Weird. Has anyone ever had this with any other player?

I''m sure it won''t take long for my addled brain to get confused about Carl Cort. He was rumoured to be signing for us, then people took the p..s out of the rumour, then he signed, then he left. In two years, I won''t be able to tell what really happened...which brings me onto one of the other posts on here about posters'' ages...

Oooooh what about that Australian keeper

Mr Gunn got us one game and a minus 7goals,whathis name again.

[quote user="dpit"]Reading the all the media coverage abou Ryan Shawcross recently, I initially convinced myself I was reading about one of our ex-loanees. Of course, he never actually played for us but all the speculation a couple of years back that he may be signing on loan, sort of left me with a false memory that he in fact been a Yellow. Weird. Has anyone ever had this with any other player?[/quote]

Slightly off topic but a few years ago Norwich U14s played Man Utd U14s at Carrow Road to raise the profile of the Academy and i sponsored the game with a business friend of mine.He picked the Norwich man of the match and i chose the Man Utd man of the match.

I picked a 14 year old Ryan Shawcross and met him afterwards with his parents.A smashing lad who had his head screwed on and i have watched his progress ever since.

I have no doubt that the incident yesterday involving Aaron Ramsey was not intentional and wish him well with his call up to the England squad.His reaction to the sending off said it all to me and Wenger''s tirade on MOTD was over the top.

The list of names that turns my dreams into nightmares is lengthy.

I''ve cobbled together a teamful.

The record books will show them as wearing yellow and green - but can you remember their contributions...?

Michael Watt,

Keith Briggs,

Kevin Scott,

Victor Segura,

Steve Walsh,

Ged Brannon,

Paul Hughes,

Des Hamilton,

Garry Brady,

Tony Cottee,

Paul Peschisolido,

Trevor Benjamin,

Keith Scott,

Sorry if I''ve disturbed your Sunday night with this horror show - I''m off to lie down in a darkened room.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Jason Jarrett never payed for us. He turned out for the first team several times, but never played for us. Several other expensive Roeder loanees did the same.[/quote]

I was going to say him too!

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]The list of names that turns my dreams into nightmares is lengthy.

The record books will show them as wearing yellow and green - but can you remember their contributions...?

Michael Watt,

Keith Briggs,

Kevin Scott,

Victor Segura,

Steve Walsh,

Ged Brannon,

Paul Hughes,

Des Hamilton,

Garry Brady,

Tony Cottee,

Paul Peschisolido,

Trevor Benjamin,

Keith Scott,

Sorry if I''ve disturbed your Sunday night with this horror show - I''m off to lie down in a darkened room.[/quote]Lol, add Paul Dalglish to that!

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Jason Jarrett never payed for us. He turned out for the first team several times, but never played for us. Several other expensive Roeder loanees did the same.[/quote]Is this a joke? Cause I can assure you he did. [:S] Admittedly was terrible.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Jason Jarrett never payed for us. He turned out for the first team several times, but never played for us. Several other expensive Roeder loanees did the same.[/quote]Is this a joke? Cause I can assure you he did. [:S] Admittedly was terrible. [/quote]That''s the point he''s making, ''never played for us'' as in he never actually played a decent game of football for us.

I had a dream a fat man waddled onto the pitch in the yellow, looked amazingly like John Hartson.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I picked a 14 year old Ryan Shawcross and met him afterwards with his parents.A smashing lad who had his head screwed on and i have watched his progress ever since.

[/quote]Predictable load of crap this, Tilly. So what if he''s "nice" and he has nice parents??? You make it sound as if Shawcross is the player who''s going to miss a years worth of football and possibly never be the same player again.It may not have been "malicious" but it was an utterly reckless challenge. If you throw yourself at a ball you''re very unlikely to get, the weight of your momentum will snap anything in it''s way.I couldn''t give a crap how nice he is. Nobody''s saying he did it deliberately. It was a shocking, shocking tackle and needs to be punished further than 3 games. Should be 3 games for a sending off, and 6 games for reckless foul play. Maybe if this happens, people will stop throwing themselves into challenges that they can''t win. I remember the David Buust tackle, and it was a one-off. This type of compound leg-break seems to be happening more and more. Why?

Bobby Zamora did he or didn''t he? I remember seeing him on a championship manager playing for us. And I remember someone saying he had a trial but was he in the youth setup or not.

Mook: "Predictable load of crap this, Tilly. So what if he''s "nice" and he has nice parents??? You make it sound as if Shawcross is the player who''s going to miss a years worth of football and possibly never be the same player again. It may not have been "malicious" but it was an utterly reckless challenge. If you throw yourself at a ball you''re very unlikely to get, the weight of your momentum will snap anything in it''s way. I couldn''t give a crap how nice he is. Nobody''s saying he did it deliberately. It was a shocking, shocking tackle and needs to be punished further than 3 games. Should be 3 games for a sending off, and 6 games for reckless foul play. Maybe if this happens, people will stop throwing themselves into challenges that they can''t win. I remember the David Buust tackle, and it was a one-off. This type of compound leg-break seems to be happening more and more. Why?"

The problem is Mook Wenger suggested it was deliberate, as he did in the Taylor incident but perhaps not quite as forcefully.

If I remember correctly David Busst didnt break his leg in a challenger but perhaps I am wrong as it was a while ago?

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]The list of names that turns my dreams into nightmares is lengthy.

Michael Watt,

Keith Briggs,

Kevin Scott,

Victor Segura,

Steve Walsh,

Ged Brannon,

Paul Hughes,

Des Hamilton,

Garry Brady,

Tony Cottee,

Paul Peschisolido,

Trevor Benjamin,

Keith Scott,

Sorry if I''ve disturbed your Sunday night with this horror show - I''m off to lie down in a darkened room.[/quote]

Maybe I am just feeling nostalgic but I always liked Victor Segura!  Is it me or are a lot of those players signings of the blarneymeister himself, Bryan Hamilton?