Sign in to follow this  
York Yellow

Great Atmosphere

The oldham game had a great atmosphere and well done everyone who got behind the team, we made it seem like a home game!

Just looked at the attendace, it didnt seem like it was only 5,344 to me

Pretty dreadful really. You would have thought that playing the top of the table, bigger club etc might have filled the ground a bit.

Wonder how well these type of clubs will fare on these kind of gates. Imagine the numbers were theyplaying Exeter. A thousand or so less away fans.

It''s been immense fun but let''s get out of this league as soon as possible. There is a whiff of decay about many of these grounds............ and clubs.

yeh one side the ground had no stand and the tv cameras were on scaffolding

the sooner we get back to the championship the better, most of the pitches in league one are awful (Stockport)

quite liked boundaary park and it was as cold as everyone said it would be, esp in the concourse. Get atmosphere like you said too

The arrogance on show here is shocking... they should have filled the ground because they were playing the top of the table club? Get over yourselves, ffs.  We may be top of the league but that league is League 1... Division 3, in old money.  The grounds in this league may be ramshackle and run down, but they''ve got a hell of a lot more charm about them than the likes of Bellend Road, and certainly more than some of the soulless Premiership grounds.We may be a ''bigger club'' than the likes of Oldham, but if we don''t keep such arrogance in check then we''ll only end up like bitter Leeds fans thinking we''re too good to be in this league...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]The arrogance on show here is shocking... they should have filled the ground because they were playing the top of the table club? Get over yourselves, ffs.  We may be top of the league but that league is League 1... Division 3, in old money.  The grounds in this league may be ramshackle and run down, but they''ve got a hell of a lot more charm about them than the likes of Bellend Road, and certainly more than some of the soulless Premiership grounds.

We may be a ''bigger club'' than the likes of Oldham, but if we don''t keep such arrogance in check then we''ll only end up like bitter Leeds fans thinking we''re too good to be in this league...
[/quote]

WE ARE TOO GOOD TO BE IN THIS LEAGUE!!!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]The arrogance on show here is shocking... they should have filled the ground because they were playing the top of the table club? Get over yourselves, ffs.  We may be top of the league but that league is League 1... Division 3, in old money.  The grounds in this league may be ramshackle and run down, but they''ve got a hell of a lot more charm about them than the likes of Bellend Road, and certainly more than some of the soulless Premiership grounds.

We may be a ''bigger club'' than the likes of Oldham, but if we don''t keep such arrogance in check then we''ll only end up like bitter Leeds fans thinking we''re too good to be in this league...
[/quote]

But we''re the best football supporters in the world. We sell the most season tickets, we take the most away, we sing the most, we''re the happiest, the funniest, the hardest, the loudest, the cleverest, everybody loves us, none more so than ourselves. Won''t have a bad word said about our fans. Probably couldn''t fit any more in the ground cos of the size of our heads.  [;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]The arrogance on show here is shocking... they should have filled the ground because they were playing the top of the table club? Get over yourselves, ffs.  We may be top of the league but that league is League 1... Division 3, in old money.  The grounds in this league may be ramshackle and run down, but they''ve got a hell of a lot more charm about them than the likes of Bellend Road, and certainly more than some of the soulless Premiership grounds.We may be a ''bigger club'' than the likes of Oldham, but if we don''t keep such arrogance in check then we''ll only end up like bitter Leeds fans thinking we''re too good to be in this league...[/quote]Agreed.At least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.Some of these clubs are stuck here for life.

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]The arrogance on show here is shocking... they should have filled the ground because they were playing the top of the table club? Get over yourselves, ffs.  We may be top of the league but that league is League 1... Division 3, in old money.  The grounds in this league may be ramshackle and run down, but they''ve got a hell of a lot more charm about them than the likes of Bellend Road, and certainly more than some of the soulless Premiership grounds.We may be a ''bigger club'' than the likes of Oldham, but if we don''t keep such arrogance in check then we''ll only end up like bitter Leeds fans thinking we''re too good to be in this league...[/quote]

But we''re the best football supporters in the world. We sell the most season tickets, we take the most away, we sing the most, we''re the happiest, the funniest, the hardest, the loudest, the cleverest, everybody loves us, none more so than ourselves. Won''t have a bad word said about our fans. Probably couldn''t fit any more in the ground cos of the size of our heads.  [;)]

[/quote]Mr McNally & Co could well be in for a shock if they ever do increase the capacity at Carrow Road........ and there''s silly them thinking they''ll be getting more bums on seats !At this rate season ticket prices will soon depend on the size of your head measurement. If it''s too big you''ll pay for two seats or if you''re REALLY lucky you might get an aisle seat and only have to pay for one.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]

The oldham game had a great atmosphere and well done everyone who got behind the team, we made it seem like a home game!

[/quote]

I thought it was a quality day out. It seemed odd that they decided to put police all the way along the front of our stand as if a pitch invasion was invitable. I dont think anyone sat in the front 3 or 4 rows anyway! I did enjoy rushing to the front to celebrate with Holty though. What a legend. it is quite an odd ground with that random building sandwiched between the main stand and the away fans.

I think it also short sighted to criticise Oldham''s attendances when you consider what they are up against in the surrounding area.  It should be remembered our support stems from the fact that we are the only professional club in our county. As someone else said it was really cold on an average sort of day. So when there is wind and rain about it can''t be the nicest place to watch football.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr McNally & Co could well be in for a shock if they ever do increase the capacity at Carrow Road........ and there''s silly them thinking they''ll be getting more bums on seats !

At this rate season ticket prices will soon depend on the size of your head measurement. If it''s too big you''ll pay for two seats or if you''re REALLY lucky you might get an aisle seat and only have to pay for one.
[/quote]

All I can picture now is our ground filled with dumpling head characters.

Did anyone catch the pie that was launched into the away end from the 12-year-olds lining the home end of our stand?

[quote user="The gut"]

All I can picture now is our ground filled with dumpling head characters.

[/quote]

I can just see those little footballer figures with the giant heads, not sure if they still do them, cost a fortune, football stickers every day of the week for me.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Did anyone catch the pie that was launched into the away end from the 12-year-olds lining the home end of our stand?[/quote]A mate of mine apparently caught it in the face....

I don''t think it''s arrogance to post up what is a fair reflection of affairs. Clubs do attract bigger crowds for ''bigger clubs'', top of the table teams.

Yes there are mitigating factors regarding the ground. The club is looking to redevelop the ground and move down the hill a bit. So any expenditure would be pointless.

It is not arrogant to suggest that Norwich City should be playing at a higher level. Nor is it arrogant to add that the best way of getting there is when you have the momentum to do so.

Oldham''s lack of support is related to their league standing. There may be other club''s neaby but by that argument they would never have had a higher attendance.

What conclusions can be drawn from a visit to Oldham is the inherent danger of running a club in the same way as the paupers (down the road from us) ran their club.

Rather like shoving rocket fuel in the engine then wondering why you are sat on the side of the road with a broken engine no mot, no tax or insurance and no money to pay for any of them.

We have played in the Premiership before, we have the infrastructure and the fan base to make any wish to be there realistic - not arrogance.

Arrogance comes with the attitude of clubs such as Leeds and the paupers who believed they should be in the Premiership by right and have subsequently believed that they should be funded accordingly - irrespective of any ability to pay for that funding.

As to the kids opposite, fair play to them for turning up. Hopefully they will keep turning up even if Oldham go down.

Also reflect that if ONE Man Utd squad player''s wages were used towards this club then maybe Oldham and the rest of football would be in a healthier state. Would Man Utd miss one player ?

yep enjoyed oldham. most standing again as well which was good.

[quote user="Iwan Roberts Dentist"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]

[/quote]

I thought it was a quality day out. It seemed odd that they decided to put police all the way along the front of our stand as if a pitch invasion was invitable. I dont think anyone sat in the front 3 or 4 rows anyway! I did enjoy rushing to the front to celebrate with Holty though. What a legend. it is quite an odd ground with that random building sandwiched between the main stand and the away fans.

I think it also short sighted to criticise Oldham''s attendances when you consider what they are up against in the surrounding area.  It should be remembered our support stems from the fact that we are the only professional club in our county. As someone else said it was really cold on an average sort of day. So when there is wind and rain about it can''t be the nicest place to watch football.

[/quote]

No I wasnt critising their attendences, I just thought that there was a lot more supporters at the game than there actually was