Sign in to follow this  
Henry

Russell Appeal Dismissed

No real surprise there - there''s pretty-much no way that the red card should stand but it would mean those in power admitting that the official made a bad mistake.

It seems that it is becoming harder and harder to get red cards overturned, and that has to be wrong.

Surprise, surprise! Those bastards will never overturn any decision that isn''t against either United or Chelsea...or Premiership at the very least. I still remember John Terry getting a red card overturned for a rugby tackle when he was also the last man. It was ridiculous, and so is this.They probably didn''t even look at the footage, just saw it was a club outside the Premiership, and the guilty party was a player who has a history of red cards and left it at that. Bastards!

What a joke, don''t those prats realize it''s people''s living they are messing about with.everyone who has seen the foul comments that it didn''t deserve a red card so why can''t the FA see it ?????????? 

Absolute joke does not sum up the half of it. Not one to start conspiracy theories but this absolutely stinks of get Leeds and London Charlton promoted. EVEN Matt Holland last night said not even a free kick - and surely that would be the most biased opinion we could have on it.

Based on this decision how many games have we seen this year where a red card should have been shown for and against us. Kicking the ball with intent if it is not on the floor is now a red card if you catch the other player!!!

They will always back the referee, and anyone outside of the top Prem sides has no chance with an appeal. They can''t be seen to be criticising their own refs--even when their rules are vague and these jokers on the pitch are untrained, quick to make hasty decisions.

Just have to suck it up and move on. The FA and FIFA are complete jokes when it comes to inforcing the rule book and deliberatley leave many entries vague to allow for interpretation by the ref. Like handing car keys to a child.

Absoulutely shocking decision by the FA..who the hell sits on these panels,, time we got people on them that have played the game and understand it.

Fucking pathetic FA. Really gets on my nerves. Like Lambert has said, Ferdinand was allowed to play the following game whilst they review the incident but nooo not for norwich.

[quote user="jim blair"]Absoulutely shocking decision by the FA..who the hell sits on these panels,, time we got people on them that have played the game and understand it.[/quote]

The disciplinary committee is made up of Andy D''Urso, Alan Brazil, George Burley, Kevin Muscatt and Andy Marshall

[quote user="jim blair"]Absoulutely shocking decision by the FA..who the hell sits on these panels,, time we got people on them that have played the game and understand it.[/quote]

The disciplinary committee is made up of Andy D''Urso, Alan Brazil, George Burley, Kevin Muscatt and Andy Marshall

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]

[/quote]

LOL - you forgot Grayson and Boothroyd though.

Seriously though I wonder if you put it in front of 25 managers with a seceret ballot what the outcome would have been other than the ref and this panel nobody else has said a red card

[quote user="hogesar"]Fucking pathetic FA. Really gets on my nerves. Like Lambert has said, Ferdinand was allowed to play the following game whilst they review the incident but nooo not for norwich.[/quote]Would we really have wanted that though? I know it messes with our preparation but I''d rather he misses Southend at home than Huddersfield away.

Even Alan Pardew said it was a harsh sending off. I know he was on the winning side but surely if an opposing manager disagrees with that sort of decision they must have a good idea that it was the wrong one.

[quote user="pbtc"][quote user="hogesar"]Fucking pathetic FA. Really gets on my nerves. Like Lambert has said, Ferdinand was allowed to play the following game whilst they review the incident but nooo not for norwich.[/quote]Would we really have wanted that though? I know it messes with our preparation but I''d rather he misses Southend at home than Huddersfield away.[/quote]

Agreed

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Even Alan Pardew said it was a harsh sending off. I know he was on the winning side but surely if an opposing manager disagrees with that sort of decision they must have a good idea that it was the wrong one.[/quote]

The trouble is that a harsh sending off is still a sending off and you cannot appeal on the basis that it is harsh.

Might sound OTT But... I don''t think I have seen a weaker red card given... Obviously I am bias but... That is an apalling decision by the ref which has been backed up by an even worse one. The ref you can say, only got to see it once, the jokers on the panel can see it as many times they like. To come out with the decision they have come out with is nothing short of an utter disgrace.

Lucky we have three games coming up were the opposition arn''t the toughest, Southend, Oldham and Yoevil!!!

Rest him up and get him back for the big boys.....

Might be a blessing....

OTBC

[quote user="UEAstudent"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Even Alan Pardew said it was a harsh sending off. I know he was on the winning side but surely if an opposing manager disagrees with that sort of decision they must have a good idea that it was the wrong one.[/quote]

The trouble is that a harsh sending off is still a sending off and you cannot appeal on the basis that it is harsh.[/quote]

We werent as I understand it we were argueing the red card should not be given as for violent conduct there has to be intent. Will there be a rule as from today that a high foot is now a red card. I was not convinced about the camera angle not doing us any favours, however on last nights programme they zoomed in and based on this alone the red card should have been dismissed

[quote user="The Chirp"]Might sound OTT But... I don''t think I have seen a weaker red card given... Obviously I am bias but... That is an apalling decision by the ref which has been backed up by an even worse one. The ref you can say, only got to see it once, the jokers on the panel can see it as many times they like. To come out with the decision they have come out with is nothing short of an utter disgrace. [/quote]

Agreed - once reviewed the ref should have held his hands up but of course he does not have to review it just put his comments in a report. I just hope and pray this does not cost us

Is it still the case that the ref has to look at it again and overturn it?

In a league where the ball is in the air 90% of the time peoples feet are always going to be putting their feet up.

Wouldn''t it be typical if they give him another game ban for it being ''frivlous''.

If he''s had a look at it and still thinks its a red then he is being stupidly stubborn. Heads up their own backsides mentality in my opinion. If only they were actually as clever as they thought they were.

What a total JOKE!

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Wouldn''t it be typical if they give him another game ban for it being ''frivlous''.[/quote]They haven''t, it''s a three game ban.

Loved the offy site description:"Saints Morgan Schneiderlin collided with the Canary midfielder''s leg as

he stretched to reach a loose high ball."Just about sums up the heinous & violent offence committed.

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="pbtc"][quote user="hogesar"]Fucking pathetic FA. Really gets on my nerves. Like Lambert has said, Ferdinand was allowed to play the following game whilst they review the incident but nooo not for norwich.
[/quote]

Would we really have wanted that though? I know it messes with our preparation but I''d rather he misses Southend at home than Huddersfield away.
[/quote] Agreed[/quote]

Personally I think it is time for Delia to use her celebrity status to challenge those at the FA because in their opinion we are just a small club with no status. We will get nowhere until she challenges those in power through her status in the media otherwise we will be walked over time and time again.