Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

OT - Should posters age be available to all?

[quote user="Quelchy"]hmmm I am 18 but still barclayman seems bit of a moaning old fart imo .[/quote]18??? Oh dear! Someone didn''t pay attention in class.......Let me guess, you''re on the dole?

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Old man Herbert would love to know who the 10 and 12 year olds are on this forum. Internet stalkers are out there. Right, stryper?

[/quote]

Shyster???

[/quote]

No, Barclayman, styrper is an old creep who got upset with me for ruining his efforts on youtube by conitnually making fun of them.

He has been trying (and failing) to get me for years. His stalking paid off for him when he found out I use this forum so he showed up as ramslgordon and announced that I call him mean things on youtube and he was here to get me. He was quickly kicked off. Then he signed in as HarrisCountyzombie or some such name and was kicked off again for breaking all sorts of rules. Now he is back as stryper (or that''s what I call him. change the p to a k). He frequents the Other than Football threads I visit.

I call him old man Herbert stryper now because it fits him. He started a thread about a young lad from Fulham. Pretty odd for someone of his advanced years and alleged proclivities.

Certainly NOT Shyster. Shyster is one of my faves to read.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Quelchy"]hmmm I am 18 but still barclayman seems bit of a moaning old fart imo .[/quote]18??? Oh dear! Someone didn''t pay attention in class.......Let me guess, you''re on the dole?[/quote]

Quite the contrary actually I am at college at the moment

and joining one the armed forces soon so nope are you on the dole by any chance

I thought that was all the rage in Beccles ;).

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"]Jesus, wacko alert.[/quote]

I thought he was dead?

[/quote]Why am I always the last to know the juicy gossip?[:(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"]Jesus, wacko alert.
[/quote]

I thought he was dead?

[/quote]

Why am I always the last to know the juicy gossip?

[:(]
[/quote]

In fairness Jesus has been dead for ages. Where have you been?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"]Jesus, wacko alert.[/quote]

I thought he was dead?

[/quote]Why am I always the last to know the juicy gossip?[:(][/quote]

[/quote]I haven''t been at my computer today.I must look this up on Google newsgroups.

What the hell as age got to do with it? I hate having the post counts on display, let alone someones age. Next you will be asking for grades from school and how big your cock is, if you''re a bird, you will be forced to reveal your dairy pillow size.

Jeez.

I don''t think it should be nececcary to include age as a factor, maybe people could include it by choice, but it certainly shouldn''t be forced upon. I think I''ve mentioned a couple of times I''m coming up for twenty this year and I''d like to think people''s opinion of what I have to say shouldn''t change if they knew what age I was.

People should be judged on the quality of their posts and nothing else. A lot of younger posters write some great stuff (Brenda  excepted) just as some of us older ones sometimes post rubbish. I just wish people wouldn''t start these silly little crusades.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m legal.
[/quote]

Legal for what??

COmfortably middle aged

I believe so. Postersage is great on chicken and should not be kept off the market.

How the f*ck can someone prove how old they are on a forum? Email birth certificates to the web team or pasports? Who cares anyway, not as if there are nonces on here is it.

On other forums I use they do actually display your age if you want it to - it definitely isn''t compulsory and to be honest I''m not really sure if anyone cares?  I prefer to go on what people write rather than their age.

I''m older than just one of Saturdays starting eleven.

I''m afraid my Norwich memories only stretch as far back as Eadie and Llewellyn!

Age shouldnt matter, we are all canarys, apart from spainboy and a few Col U fans. This isnt exactly a site nonces are going to try anything is it, the sick paedo bastards.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I thought he was dead?

[/quote]

I thought you were "out of office"! lol

[quote user="Barclayman"]Off topic but im just thinking it might be a good idea for the mods to force posters age to be included in the avatar/name as im sure there''s a lot of 10 yr olds etc that post on here and sometimes the replies they get can be very abusive, from im guessing 18 yr olds (or so called adults like Shyster) who dont know better and just resort to schoolground bullying/verbal responses. The adults on here, like myself at 33 are obviously not going to be on the same wave length as a 10yr old and will simply not ''get'' the young uns posts.

So im suggesting an age notifier purely because some of the retorts to the younger posters, and we can guess when a post comes from a lad, are a bit harsh and kids are very impressionable and dont understand why us ''adults'' dont enjoy there contribution and just reply with verbal abuse. Its not a million miles away from internet bullying.
[/quote]

I think ''mental age'' would be more helpful.

We could alternatively have a separate forum for Juniors and Retards.

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I thought he was dead?

[/quote]

I thought you were "out of office"! lol

[/quote]

Don''t remind me . How embarrassing was that?

Hope you get your ticket today mate!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I thought he was dead?

[/quote]

Why am I always the last to know the juicy gossip?

[:(]
[/quote]

[/quote]

To be honest Beau I thought you of all people, especially writing from The vatican,  knew that Jesus had risen again?

Always interested to know how broad our community is - which is why the Facebook group was good at least in theory

Im 41 - like Morty mentally more like a teenager

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[quote user="Barclayman"]Off topic but im just thinking it might be a good idea for the mods to force posters age to be included in the avatar/name as im sure there''s a lot of 10 yr olds etc that post on here and sometimes the replies they get can be very abusive, from im guessing 18 yr olds (or so called adults like Shyster) who dont know better and just resort to schoolground bullying/verbal responses. The adults on here, like myself at 33 are obviously not going to be on the same wave length as a 10yr old and will simply not ''get'' the young uns posts.

So im suggesting an age notifier purely because some of the retorts to the younger posters, and we can guess when a post comes from a lad, are a bit harsh and kids are very impressionable and dont understand why us ''adults'' dont enjoy there contribution and just reply with verbal abuse. Its not a million miles away from internet bullying.
[/quote]

I think ''mental age'' would be more helpful.

We could alternatively have a separate forum for Juniors and Retards.

[/quote]

can''t believe the software on this form replaced r e t a r d s with asterisks ! Some people are too sensitive.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="hogesar"]Stupid idea. People would automatically disregard things from young posters, thus young poster will lie about their age and put whatever they feel. Would never work.

Oh and my opinion is if you''re young and post something stupid on here, you can only learn from it if people point out how stupid it was.
[/quote]

Point im making Hogesar is that there are 10 and 12 yr old kids getting sworn at by ''adults'' on here, would you like your lad (if you had one) getting verbal abuse, albeit on the internet, just for contributing on his favorite football teams messageboard?
[/quote]

Oh for Christ''s sake......... PC protectionism gone bloody mad on here yet again........

Bring on the real world and save me from anymore of this tiresome powder-puff claptrap.....

Sayafeckinara.......