Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

OT - Should posters age be available to all?

Off topic but im just thinking it might be a good idea for the mods to force posters age to be included in the avatar/name as im sure there''s a lot of 10 yr olds etc that post on here and sometimes the replies they get can be very abusive, from im guessing 18 yr olds (or so called adults like Shyster) who dont know better and just resort to schoolground bullying/verbal responses. The adults on here, like myself at 33 are obviously not going to be on the same wave length as a 10yr old and will simply not ''get'' the young uns posts.So im suggesting an age notifier purely because some of the retorts to the younger posters, and we can guess when a post comes from a lad, are a bit harsh and kids are very impressionable and dont understand why us ''adults'' dont enjoy there contribution and just reply with verbal abuse. Its not a million miles away from internet bullying.

[quote user="lappinitup"]And how are you going to enforce that? Insist on producing a birth certificate before signing in? Daft![/quote]Admit it Lap, you were born before birth certificates were invented.

In which case we could just have a factfile about each poster.

Not always necessary but you can''t usually tell the difference between a 10 year old with a particularly nasty vocabulary and a stray WACCOE poster [:P]

18, by the way

Everyone know''s how much of an idiot I am, why would age matter? And if you base you''re opinion on someone due to their age, then... [N]

If there is one board where you can''t judge someone by their age it is this one. You''re just as likely to get a ridiculous post by an "old man" as you are a kid.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lappinitup"]And how are you going to enforce that? Insist on producing a birth certificate before signing in? Daft![/quote]Admit it Lap, you were born before birth certificates were invented.[/quote]Happy days though Ricardo, much preferred The Nest to Carrow Rd![;)]

Age is just a number, I still think that 1/2 the people on this message board have never played footy! People who play will have a better idea about football so there is no need to say your age!

I am a Banana

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Age is just a number, I still think that 1/2 the people on this message board have never played footy! People who play will have a better idea about football so there is no need to say your age!

I am a Banana

[/quote]Played for 20 years Nana. I guess I retired before they ever planted your tree.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

yeah, guess so.

Im no longer playing in a manager now [;)]

[/quote]Well its got to be you when Lambert leaves.After all, you are at least the right colour.

Stupid idea. People would automatically disregard things from young posters, thus young poster will lie about their age and put whatever they feel. Would never work.Oh and my opinion is if you''re young and post something stupid on here, you can only learn from it if people point out how stupid it was.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Old man Herbert would love to know who the 10 and 12 year olds are on this forum. Internet stalkers are out there. Right, stryper?[/quote]Shyster???

[quote user="hogesar"]Stupid idea. People would automatically disregard things from young posters, thus young poster will lie about their age and put whatever they feel. Would never work.Oh and my opinion is if you''re young and post something stupid on here, you can only learn from it if people point out how stupid it was.[/quote]Point im making Hogesar is that there are 10 and 12 yr old kids getting sworn at by ''adults'' on here, would you like your lad (if you had one) getting verbal abuse, albeit on the internet, just for contributing on his favorite football teams messageboard?

I''m sure our lady posters would love the idea! Anyway, what age did you mean, actual, mental or the age you feel. There''s about a 60 year spread in my case.

I also think that individual posters bank details (including pin numbers) should be made available to all.

Oh, and including your full name and home address - and where your spare front door key is hidden.....and when you''re not likely to be at home.

Actually although giving ages might not be a good idea why don''t we have a cinema style certifcation for posters. Ie if a percentage of a posters posts contain bad language then they can only reply to posts with a certain certification.

Then when somebody signs up they can set what level of responce should be allowed to be posted in return to the initial post. if somebody then posts and is looking for a resonable debate won''t get a reply with loads of abuse.

Simple - over to you Pete.[;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I also think that individual posters bank details (including pin numbers) should be made available to all.

Oh, and including your full name and home address - and where your spare front door key is hidden.....and when you''re not likely to be at home.

[/quote]

Oh well on here I''m 58, but at Carrow road I become My son''s Mate like 25, wife does her crust and keeps telling me to calm down

I turn up the Pacemaker a couple of notches sink afew bevvies and have a great time. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Lol! Classic M.Y.