Sign in to follow this  

His armband showed he's yellow and green, Grant Holt

At least it''s a song, I was in the Jarrold on Tuesday and that would have been good enough to win the Eurovision, you know why?......because it would be the only entry.Oh to get a ticket for the barcley, maybe next time.

If it''s similar to the Liverpool one for Torres then it should be stopped amediately and we should stop trying to copy them and make those scousers feel good about themselves.  There is nothing wrong with the one we have.

His armband shows hes yellow and green grant holt grant holt, his armband shows hes yellow and green grant holt grant holt, his armband shows hes yellow nd green he is a f***in goal machine, super grant holt norwichs number 9!!!

na na na na na na na na

love it!!!

So whoever came up with it couldn''t even be bothered to come up with three lines? They just repeated the same one?

Oh and what about Grant Holt''s armband shows he''s yellow and green? The scousers sing "His armband proved he was a red" because when he threw his armband to a player while being substituted for Athletico Madrid it had "You''ll Never Walk Alone" stitched on the inside of it.

Exactly CallsignViper. It is utterly ridiculous to nick this song off Liverpool as it makes absolutely no sense in our context. Think some City fans need to spend a bit less time watching YouTube videos of Premier League fans and nicking their songs!

yes complete rip off of the liverpool one. also had the ''bounce'' after it as well. thankfully it only sounded like about 10 people were singing it but dont want it spreading. on a better note i did like the new anthony mcnamee song.

Anthony, MacNamee,He looks f***ing good to meWith a nick-nack paddy-wackGive the dog a boneGet Capello on the phoneSounded like lots singing it from where I was. Pretty catchy.

what you mean an to ny mc na mee, he looks f**kin quick to me, with a knick knack paddy whack give a dog a bone fabio capello on the phone.

it is kinda catchy

Who cares if we sing a song to the same tune as another clubs! Should we stop singing ''green flag'' because of the chelsea song? 99% of our songs are NOT original, with the smae tunes being re-used by clubs all across th country. I certainly think the new Holt song is better than the ''we fucking love grant holt'' one that sound like it was writen  by some primary school children.

[quote user="birchfest"]Who cares if we sing a song to the same tune as another clubs! Should we stop singing ''green flag'' because of the chelsea song? 99% of our songs are NOT original, with the smae tunes being re-used by clubs all across th country. I certainly think the new Holt song is better than the ''we fucking love grant holt'' one that sound like it was writen  by some primary school children.[/quote]a fair point but this song has been copied with no thought. his armband proves hes yellow and green makes no sense just been ripped, repeating it three times is just sh#t.  the tune itself is alright man utd got a decent song with it ''when johnny goes marching down the wing''

No problem with singing a song to the same tune, but ripping off this one with its reference to ''the armband'' makes absolutely no sense for us. Fernando Torres wore an armband when playing for another club with a Liverpool reference on, hence the line, "his armband proved he was a red". Why the hell would we sing that about Grant Holt? Just makes us look stupid.

[quote user="marchisio"]...repeating it three times is just sh#t.  the tune itself is alright...[/quote]

Just thought I''d point out the original tune is ''the animals go marching two by two, hoorah hoorah'' (about Noah''s Ark), and that part IS repeated three times, so they''re just following tradition for that part.

I agree on the other main point regarding Torres though (not that I knew about it, so thanks to those that pointed it out).

We were sat -stood- right next to the young lads in question and I was trying to decipher the first couple of words all game! It sounded like ''his armour'' to me but then I couldn''t figure out the next word!

Agree also that the McNamee one to the tune of This Old Man is catchy and scans well, but is laughable for the last line and the reality that McNamee couldn''t leave the Oldham defenders for dead with his ''blistering pace'' or ''tricky step-over skills'' and rarely put a useful ball into the box either. Oh well; at least the kids are trying something new and attacking it with enthusiasm.

That "Paul Lambert is having a party; Breezer, coke and a bottle of Bacardi!'' one although bizarre, is stupid to the point of humourous, but then we were truly sick to the back teeth with it after four hours of the kids at the back of coach 1 repeating it ad nauseum. My issue with it, taking it far too literally for what''s it worth, obviously, is that a) it insinuates complacency and a notion that we think the job is done, and Paul Lambert is the least likeliest person to think like this and so be partying before it''s all over, and also b) (Bacardi) Breezer and then a bottle of Bacardi; hardly creative use of varying drinks. I have further petty issues with the selection; are we implying that hard-man Glaswegian Lambert would drink a Breezer and then coke? Are we implying all these drinks are for Lambert and therefore he is partying on his own like a saddo alchy? If we''re implying others are involved, is there only one Breezer, one coke and then a bottle of spirits to go round? Kids these days!

http://www.poppyfields.net/poppy/songs/twobytwo.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ants_Go_Marching

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Old_Man

http://www.lyricsdownload.com/various-the-childrens-marching-song-nick-nack-paddy-whack-lyrics.html

http://intoxicologist.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/bacardi_white_rum.jpg

Unless you mean the Paul Lambert song in which case apologies! Didn''t hear it on Sat but sounds quite funny in a surreal sort of way

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]NO NO NO NO! Stop copying the bloody scouser chants, that''s their song and any other fans that try to adopt this tune are wannabes.[/quote]

They did nick it off Man Utd though. They used to sing it about John O''Shea. Something like "When Johnny goes running down the wing" or something like that. I''m not advocating stealing it as it''s one of the stupidest suggestions as it is now synonamous with Liverpool, just saying they thieved it first.

Wembley_Canary wrote:NO

NO NO NO! Stop copying the bloody scouser chants, that''s their song and

any other fans that try to adopt this tune are wannabes.I see your point, but would you rather have songs that were modified...Or no atmosphere whatsoever?

I have no problem with it being "nicked" from Liverpool, after all we''ve nicked plenty of other clubs chants to modify into our own. Otsemobor''s was from Villas for Gabby Agbonlahor, Keep the green flag flying high came from Chelsea, and the song about David Nielson a few years came from Man Utds for Ruud Van Nistlelrooy.

I would add the line "We signed a boy from Shrewsbury, he scored a goal he scored again, Grant Holt City''s number 9" into the song if we want to add more words to the song.

It''s not the copying, it''s the story and then copying. That makes it embarrassing in my opinion. Can''t understand how anyone would persevere with it.

I agree with birchfest, I love the new Grant Holt song, I was at Oldham at the weekend and heard both the McNamee song and the armband song and they both sounded well mint. They were both catchy and I found it quite easy to sing along to both of them.

However, what follows below is what I was actually singing on Saturday.

His armband shows hes yellow and green grant holt grant holt,

He gets the ball, he scores a goal, grant holt grant holt,

He''s the leader of the team, he is a goal machine, lucky for us, he''s in our team

Super grant holt, Norwichs number 9!!!

na na na na na na na na