Sign in to follow this  
Colchester fan

Lambert compensation

This is my guess, Colcester asking for about 1 million and we are offering about £100,000. I get the feeling we were miles apart on the figure, from what they were saying to the press. So the big question now is who''s backed down and asked for another meeting ?

[quote user="swindoncanary"]This is my guess, Colcester asking for about 1 million and we are offering about £100,000. I get the feeling we were miles apart on the figure, from what they were saying to the press. So the big question now is who''s backed down and asked for another meeting ?[/quote]

Norwich asked for the meeting......

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"]Coming from a Col U fan...[/quote]

It is true. My brothers best mates sisters boyfriends cousin saw Delia in Asda and asked her....

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="Lord Archibald of Henville "]wan ker[/quote]No need for that comment grow up.[/quote]

Agreed grow up

[quote user="swindoncanary"]This is my guess, Colcester asking for about 1 million and we are offering about £100,000. I get the feeling we were miles apart on the figure, from what they were saying to the press. So the big question now is who''s backed down and asked for another meeting ?[/quote]

I''m sure I read somewhere that they wanted about 500k and we''d offered 200k.

the reason they are after so much is the FA have been after them as to why the pitch is in such a state ,heard its going to cost best part of half a million to sort it do to the amount of concrete and brick rubble under the pitch

[quote user="They Call Me Gary"][quote user="Colchester fan"]If he wants to call me that to my face fair enough, he wont say it again though.[/quote]

*Internet hard man alert*[/quote]

Keyboard coward alert more like it..... grow up

I heard we offered £100,000 and they want £250,000....is that nearer the mark???

Cant imagine them demanding1m or 500,000 as he was on a rolling contract wasnt he???

...and they replaced him with somebody they considered ''better than''

The briefs will milk that one

They will if they want to lose - who we replaced Lambert with, and how well he''s doing is utterly irrelevant to the case. If you burgled someone''s stereo and got caught, would your first line of defence be that they''ve replaced it with a better model via the insurance so no harm done?

Thought not - now try thinking things through a bit more...

P.S. We got £400k and an embargo on signing any CUFC staff or players when Parky and Ayles went to Hull, so I''d expect that''ll be our minimum position in negotiations - and given that was nearly 4 years ago, I''d say you could safely up that to £500k for the Lambert Three.

Listen I''m on your side, we done wrong, no doubt

But your nonsensical insurance analogy very obviously doesn''t stand up. The perpetrator isn''t arguing that the victim is better off, the victim is.

Hardly likely to increase your compo

[quote user="wessex_exile"]P.S. We got £400k and an embargo on signing any CUFC staff or players when Parky and Ayles went to Hull, so I''d expect that''ll be our minimum position in negotiations - and given that was nearly 4 years ago, I''d say you could safely up that to £500k for the Lambert Three.[/quote]

1) Economic conditions have changed since then.

2) What was the period remaining on Parkinsons contract?

[quote user="wessex_exile"]They will if they want to lose - who we replaced Lambert with, and how well he''s doing is utterly irrelevant to the case. If you burgled someone''s stereo and got caught, would your first line of defence be that they''ve replaced it with a better model via the insurance so no harm done? Thought not - now try thinking things through a bit more...[/quote]

Okay. It''s possible that Colchester really made a cock-up when moving from Layer Road and built the new stadium ( bit of an exaggeration to use that term ) on an ancient Roman burial site. This highly offended a number of people, not the least of them being the Pope who, since learning of the situation, made a sign in full public view that until the situation is remedied, water will forever be present on the Cuckoo Farm. All the little Cowlings ( Robbie, Richard and John along with any other little cows that are lingering in that family...there were lots of them) have allegedly been seeking revenge on any Catholic ever since the Pope made the sign. Delia, being just one of a large list of Catholic targets, just happened to get caught in the crosshairs. Delia and her new band of men have just been doing the sensible thing and procrastinating until a new sheriff is elected on May 6th. It is then expected that a deal will be cut with the Pope, the sign will be lifted if all the little Cowlings are run out of town, and NCFC will provide them with traveling expenses as a sign of goodwill.....10 pounds each for a one way rail ticket ( third class ) to a remote town in the Scottish Highlands where they will more than likely go back to their roots and open a fish and chip shop on virgin land.

[quote user="wessex_exile"]P.S. We got £400k and an embargo on signing any CUFC staff or players when Parky and Ayles went to Hull, so I''d expect that''ll be our minimum position in negotiations - and given that was nearly 4 years ago, I''d say you could safely up that to £500k for the Lambert Three.[/quote]

We want £2m as compensation for the transfer of Barndoor (Cureton) to us, his wages and damages to our eyes.

BTW. How is your community swiming pool?

[quote user="a1canary"]don''t be silly tange, it''s not a swimming pool, it''s a community alotment.[/quote]

and when we say community, we mean slum

[quote user="First Wizard"]

A deal HAS been done, but its also linked to us going up, announcement at the end of season.

Trust me.

[/quote]

Uh oh here we go again. Time to put on that rather battered tin hat of yours! [;)]

A deal HAS been done, but its also linked to us going up, announcement at the end of season.

Trust me.

[/quote]

50p and a bag of crisps? [:)]

Yes Wiz, we trust you implicitly on this, you have been such a reliable source of information in the past, people would be plain crazy to doubt you.[:|]

Trust me.

[/quote]

Oh you do make me laugh Wiz!!!