Canaries Utd

Norwich approach Adidas for meeting...

1-7 and still going up!.. well if you are going to flash your mates

title around as if he is the boss man, perhaps he should speak to my

mate in Germany who oversees Adidas club football global.As for

me being a Chav because i''ve stated Adidas is a good brand, all i can

say is you are a obnoxiuos idiot. I suggest before posting on this

forum, instead of getting personal, you get your facts correct and be a

little more reasoanble towards other persons opinions and posts.I suggest the only RUBBISH is you squire!!!

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="adycanary"]

Load of rubbish I presume, unless they can confirm it with some sort of authority from the club.

[/quote]you presume WRONG.. not rubbish... what is everyones problem?[/quote]There''s a bit of a ''I saw *player name* in Sainsburys and he said bla bla bla'' tradition on here which 99.9% of the time tends to be bollocks. So when someone genuine comes along they don''t get taken seriously.I however dear Canaries Utd fully believe you. And ask that you put a good word in with your mate to see if he can put weight to make it happen. I would flipping love to have a decent brand make our shirts after all the tosh we''ve had for as long as I can remember.... am I being daft or have we not had a decent brand for literally ages![/quote]Thank you AndyWhyteUK, i don''t know what all the fuss is about, its true and hardly worth all this hassle, ultimately it will go ahead if the deal is a good one for both Adidas and NCFC, we currently have a nasty put together strip because its cheap... simples.

he says how much mopney on the table for addidas but it should be the other way round how much we could make them derrrrr pratt

no compeny says you give me ex amount of money and i will let you sell my stuff sorry its the other way around ask mcnnally otbc

My Uncle''s brother-in-law''s postman said he collects the mail from Carrow Road and checks where it is addressed to. He confirmed a recent letter to Xara, but nothing to Adidas. The Nike pin stripe effort for me please.

[quote user="hogman"]he says how much mopney on the table for addidas but it should be the other way round how much we could make them derrrrr pratt[/quote]ummmm... again another half wit jumping to conclusions, its how much money NORWICH would want, i can''t believe the hostality over such a post.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="hogman"]he says how much mopney on the table for addidas but it should be the other way round how much we could make them derrrrr pratt[/quote]ummmm... again another half wit jumping to conclusions, its how much money NORWICH would want, i can''t believe the hostality over such a post.[/quote]Because, statistically, 99.45% of threads starting "I have a mate who told me this is going to happen" turn out to be utter tripe.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="hogman"]he says how much mopney on the table for addidas but it should be the other way round how much we could make them derrrrr pratt[/quote]ummmm... again another half wit jumping to conclusions, its how much money NORWICH would want, i can''t believe the hostality over such a post.[/quote]Because, statistically, 99.45% of threads starting "I have a mate who told me this is going to happen" turn out to be utter tripe.[/quote]Morty, i have been looking at this board long enough to appreciate that, but at no time have i said that we WILL have an Adidas strip, i just passed on that Norwich have asked Adidas for a meeting to discuss the possibility.  I have spoken to my mate further, and in all honesty, to get a strip designed and into production before the start of next season is tight, but do-able.  As said, i really don''t understand the hostality.  If i had said we are signing Beckford and Snodgrass on a double swoop i''d expect to be slated, but this topic is hardly worth it.  I''ll post again if a meeting takes place and let everyone know, but i think otherwise i''ll let it lie for now.

I wish we''d go back to Hummel - their shirts were fantastic. I think it was Northwich (played Lincoln on a live FA Cup match on ITV?) who had Hummel Shirts - surely if Northwich could do a deal with them then we could?!

Maybe Hummel''s english wasn''''t too good and they actually thought they were doing a deal with us!    

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]There is a really cool looking Hummel track suit top in the Canary store.. 2 secs I''ll see if I can find it:

My bad it''s Admiral.. same sorta thing though :)

http://www.canariesretail.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/product.aspx?group1=AL&group2=CLOT&group3=RETR&group4=*EMPTY&product=4680
[/quote]

The Hummel Fosters one was my all time favourite - 86/87 I think - but I have never been able to find pictures of it, let alone see one on ebay for sale!  

Sorry if someone has already said this - to many to read through - but our new kit comes out in 2 weeks time and is a 2 year deal. Be surprised if this is correct as I would have thought club would have announced end of XARA link by now

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Sorry if someone has already said this - to many to read through - but our new kit comes out in 2 weeks time and is a 2 year deal. Be surprised if this is correct as I would have thought club would have announced end of XARA link by now[/quote]

~Yes the kit is out in March, Therefore a deal with whatever supplier would have been signed for a while now.

I don''t totally agree that the club would have annouced the end of Xara yet

I dont disagree York re the announcement but the op is suggesting we have been approached for a meeting - I would have thought that would have happened months ago not now. In fact I would have thought everybody comes in Nike Addidas ect and all deals were done at least 6 months prior to renewal

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Sorry if someone has already said this - to many to read through - but our new kit comes out in 2 weeks time and is a 2 year deal. Be surprised if this is correct as I would have thought club would have announced end of XARA link by now[/quote]Lambert is king... i fear you are correct, these things are put in place with plenty of time before thr launch, but i''m still hoping for the future, if a meeting is held, i''ll post with the details, and if i see director type persons at the match tonight i''ll ask them directly.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Sorry if someone has already said this - to many to read through - but our new kit comes out in 2 weeks time and is a 2 year deal. Be surprised if this is correct as I would have thought club would have announced end of XARA link by now[/quote]Where did you get that fact from?

I can''t ever remember having a new kit released at the beginning of march.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Lambert is King"]Sorry if someone has already said this - to many to read through - but our new kit comes out in 2 weeks time and is a 2 year deal. Be surprised if this is correct as I would have thought club would have announced end of XARA link by now[/quote]Where did you get that fact from?

I can''t ever remember having a new kit released at the beginning of march.[/quote]

The kit is next seasons but a small amount will be released sometime in March. The reason I know this is that my son was mascot at the Exeter game and as he already had the kit we were offeed the option of wearing his existing kit and having the new one sent to him in March or having the existing kit again - obviouly we took the second option.

If you remember back as well to 2 years ago the new kit was worn for the last couple of home games. This increases sales as people are more likely to buy then than in the close season waiting until the season restarts. You will also note that the existing shirt has been on sale at £20 since just after Christmas.

Hope this explains but I will see if I can get a moe accurate date for you on Friday when my son trains with FITC

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="Lambert is King"]Sorry if someone has already said this - to many to read through - but our new kit comes out in 2 weeks time and is a 2 year deal. Be surprised if this is correct as I would have thought club would have announced end of XARA link by now[/quote]

Where did you get that fact from?

I can''t ever remember having a new kit released at the beginning of march.
[/quote] The kit is next seasons but a small amount will be released sometime in March. The reason I know this is that my son was mascot at the Exeter game and as he already had the kit we were offeed the option of wearing his existing kit and having the new one sent to him in March or having the existing kit again - obviouly we took the second option. If you remember back as well to 2 years ago the new kit was worn for the last couple of home games. This increases sales as people are more likely to buy then than in the close season waiting until the season restarts. You will also note that the existing shirt has been on sale at £20 since just after Christmas. Hope this explains but I will see if I can get a moe accurate date for you on Friday when my son trains with FITC[/quote]

Well mate hope your news is true, I really really frustrated about Xara for several year, I would like to see UMBRO, Adidas or any other brand names to make our shirt, but please no XARA again!!!!! :-)

Hello David!!

Have you thought about doing your blog on the pink un site again!It was a really good read and doesn''t seem the same without it!

Plus it''s nice to hear from city supporters living abroad!

I was under the impression the deal with Xara was to run out 2010-2011 season and that they were desperate to keep us on track, discussions ongoing all this season.

As I have said worked with Adidas and many other teamwear when working in the USA and by god do the top brands know what they are doing.

So I hope something comes about with a new kit provider

[quote user="Bexley"]

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]There is a really cool looking Hummel track suit top in the Canary store.. 2 secs I''ll see if I can find it:

My bad it''s Admiral.. same sorta thing though :)

http://www.canariesretail.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/product.aspx?group1=AL&group2=CLOT&group3=RETR&group4=*EMPTY&product=4680
[/quote]

The Hummel Fosters one was my all time favourite - 86/87 I think - but I have never been able to find pictures of it, let alone see one on ebay for sale!  

[/quote]

norwich city 1986

From www.historicalkits.co.uk