Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Does anyone understand the award Tom Adeyemi is up for.....

I have read that Tom is up for the ''Championship Manager Apprentice of the Year award'' and I am confused as to what it actually is,

Tom has played a small part this season but surely Korey Smith would be far more suited for the award if it is for a youngster doing well?

I may have missed the point to what the award is, does anyone actually know what it is for?

I think you have to be in your second year of apprenticeship or a first year professional. Korey has been on the books longer than this.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

I have read that Tom is up for the ''Championship Manager Apprentice of the Year award'' and I am confused as to what it actually is,

Tom has played a small part this season but surely Korey Smith would be far more suited for the award if it is for a youngster doing well?

I may have missed the point to what the award is, does anyone actually know what it is for?

[/quote]

Isn''t Smith a year older than Adeyemi, so maybe there is a cut off. I would suspect there is also an aspect that Tom is a high achiever outside of football as well; the award could be for all round success rather than just on the pitch.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

[/quote]

On Sunday 29th March the 4th annual Football League awards will take place at Grosvenor House in London, where our very own Roy Meredith will be presenting 3 of the awards.

Here at Champman we’re a big believer of supporting grass roots football, and as seeking out and developing top talent is critically important for all football clubs both in real life and Championship Manager, we’re delighted to announce we’re the exclusive sponsor of the ‘Apprentice of the Year’ award at the Football league awards ceremony.

Criteria:
- The award recognises the apprentice from each division who has shown not just the best on field performance, but also factors in their disciplinary record, and their educational achievement over the season.
- Players eligible for this award are those in the second year of their apprentice (i.e. be in his ''Under 18'' year and be registered as either a second year scholar or as a first year professional).

There is an award for each of the three divisions, and here’s the final shortlist:

Championship Manager Apprentice of the Year - Championship
Sean Scannell (Crystal Palace)
Oscar Gobern (Southampton) CM Logo
Ross Jenkins (Watford)

Championship Manager Apprentice of the Year - League 1
Tom Aldred (Carlisle United)
Daniel Powell (Milton Keynes Dons)
Stuart O''Keefe (Southend United)

Championship Manager Apprentice of the Year - League 2
Robin Nicholls (Brentford)
George Bowyer (Rochdale)
Matthew Phillips (Wycombe Wanderers)

Previous winners of the award:
2008: Championship: Mark Beevers (Sheffield Wednesday), League One: Daniel Broadbent (Huddersfield Town), League Two: Ryan Bennett (Grimsby Town)

2007: Championship: Chris Gunter (Cardiff City), League One: Joe Skarz (Huddersfield Town), League Two: Joe Thompson (Rochdale)

2006: Championship: Lewin Nyatanga (Derby County), League One: Scott Golbourne (Bristol City), League Two: Ikechi Anya (Wycombe Wanderes)

The awards will be shown on Sky 1 on Tuesday 31st March at 18:30,