Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

Do we have the squad to see us through to the end of the season?

With all the little injuries we keep picking up am worried we don''t have the squad to keep in the automatic places. If we lose Holt we don''t have a target man to fill in, If we lose hoolahan could mcnamee play that role? could change to 4 4 2 but who would go left? whitbread and Askou are out at the min if doc or nelson get injured saturday who will come in? Maybe we needed to strengthen more in january, I hope at the end of the season where not thinking if only, again!

Just, but any team needs to be lucky with injuries.But I do think taking Holt out of our team is akin to taking Rooney out of Man U.

We should have strengthened more in January, adding good players to the squad to cover the likes of Holty and Wes and also provide cover at the back would have given more reassurance of promotion and also  helped build a  decent squad for next season. It`s a  no brainer and we should  have spent more.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

We should have strengthened more in January, adding good players to the squad to cover the likes of Holty and Wes and also provide cover at the back would have given more reassurance of promotion and also  helped build a  decent squad for next season. It`s a  no brainer and we should  have spent more.

[/quote]

Well said... I said that it was an error not putting a bid in for Barnard at the time and am hoping that it does not come beck to bite us in the bum. [Y]

Also would of liked another defender in considering that we haven''t got Whitbread anywhere near back to full fitness yet.  Considering that Lambert was a big fan of Seaborne and his asking price was probably under £50k then I think it is a shame that we let him go to a rival.

Both players were available on the cheap and could of added to our squad for the run in and life back in the Championship in my opinion.

Am hoping that we are not being prudent with ambition again and that this does not come back to haunt us!

"prudent with ambition" sounds a  bit too much like Gordon Brown to me and look at the state the economy is in. We need to be prepared to take risks, measured risks, as any business would do. What better time to take a risk when we have a manager who is producing the goods and a well motivated successful team heading towards promotion. that was the exact time when we should have made some investment! 

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]"prudent with ambition" sounds a  bit too much like Gordon Brown to me and look at the state the economy is in. We need to be prepared to take risks, measured risks, as any business would do. What better time to take a risk when we have a manager who is producing the goods and a well motivated successful team heading towards promotion. that was the exact time when we should have made some investment! [/quote]

I agree with you 100% mate, but the majority seem happy to stick with what we have got and hope that we have enough rather than ensure we keep building for the future by signing players who are obvious value for money.

I was just glad we didn''t have to lose anyone. This is not like getting ino the premiership. A season mid table in the championship is hardly going to solve our crippling debt. I have been heartened by our results without Holt TBO. He is so key, but we could probably still be in and around the automatics even if we lost him tomorrow. I am also very suprised how well we have done without Askou. All in all I think we have a very strong squad for this league, strong enough to go up as long as we don''t have a major injury crisis - even Manure struggle in those circumstances.