Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Help required - Norwich v Derby, 22nd September 1990!

I know Norwich won 2-1, but just wondered whether anyone can provide any more details? 

Squad list and goal scorers would be great...

Cheers, Matt

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I know Norwich won 2-1, but just wondered whether anyone can provide any more details?  Squad list and goal scorers would be great...Cheers, Matt[/quote]GunnCulverhouseBladesButterworthBowenGordonSherwoodCrookPhillipsFoxFleckScorers: Fox and Phillips.No substitutes usedAttendance: 13,258My bill will be in the post...

[quote user="Matt Juler"]That''s great, thanks.  Can you confirm that Shilton was in goal for Derby?[/quote]You sure you can afford all this?![:D]Yes, Shilton was in goal. Having just looked back at the video (younger readers may need their parents to explain what a video is) the first goal was a left-foot shot from Phillips from quite close in on the left side of the penalty area that seemed to go through Shilton''s legs. Mark Patterson equalised from a corner but Fox got the winner soon  after - a well-placed, skidding right-foot shot from the left corner of the penalty area that went across Shilton and into the far corner. Both our goals at the Barclay end.

Much more detail than I could have ever dreamt off, so thanks very much.  I believe this was my first ever match, I know that Shilton was in goal and he made a great save down the River End, but that''s all I can remember.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Much more detail than I could have ever dreamt off, so thanks very much.  I believe this was my first ever match, I know that Shilton was in goal and he made a great save down the River End, but that''s all I can remember.[/quote]No trouble at all, Matt. I did wonder what your interest was. The sad thing is I can''t now recall if I was at that game, though I think I was. Looking again at the goals they seemed very familiar, and especially Fox''s winner, but that may just have been remembering them from previous viewings of the video.

I was at that game but had completely forgotten the details until reading this thread. I now remember Foxie''s goal! I think City''s form was very up and down at that time. I think they had lost the previous home game 3-0 to Crystal Palace so this was a vital win.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

I had all of the season reviews on video, i think the club should re release then on DVD.

It would raise a few quid!

Or if anyone can transfer them on to a dvd, i would give you some cash....

[/quote]

the blank DVD and the vids is all thats needed.....

I know someone who can do this.. no cash needed. just a few blank DVD''s as mentioned.

I believe that match was where Ian Culverhouse won a header against all 6'' 7" of Kevin Francis. By climbing all over him and giving a free kick away in the process. Very funny though