Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Changes you would like to see in football

With the the Premier league a two horse race and with evey year the gap seems to grow between the top 4 clubs and eveyone else I think there needs to be changes to save our game and may clubs.

These are changes I would like to see implemented into the football leagues in England

1. Like American Football all TV revenue is split equally between all sides in the English Leagues, this would allow more teams to have a chance of surviving and competing. It works well in America
  2. Teams can not be in debt over an agreed set amount, Man U in debt over 700m is crazy, you should be solvent or there abouts.
  3. No more than 4 non British or Irish players in your match day squad
  4. Salary caps for players, their salary of over 100k a week is just silly

I think this would really help to break the monopoly of the big teams (who are all mostly in debt to be where they are) and level the playing field a bit.. It would be better for the game and would mean it is possible for a team other than Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and possibly Liverpool to win the title.

Any thoughts

OTBC

St.John

agree with all these.. it just needs someone with a few guts to come in at the top (FIFA) and make the changes..

the big clubs wont run off and join a "super league", they will shut up and take it!

your 3rd point i do not agree with. it should be no more than 4 non ENGLISH players. in terms of football, the irish, scots and welsh are just as foriegn as a brazilian or spaniard!

Getting rid of Sepp Blatter,and get in someone with a knowledge of football!

Ditto the FA!

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]If Villa Spurs Everton keep improving like they are it''s not gonna be the top four for much longer?[/quote]

its nto been a top 4 for at least 20 years.. its been a top 3, then Liverpool, then everyone else.

Every team gets a set transfer fee such as........

All premier league clubs get 20 million to spend on playerschampionship get 8 millionleague 1 3.5 millionleague 2 1 million

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]If Villa Spurs Everton keep improving like they are it''s not gonna be the top four for much longer?[/quote]

its nto been a top 4 for at least 20 years.. its been a top 3, then Liverpool, then everyone else.

[/quote]

liverpool came second last year>?

[quote user="Its only my opinion"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

liverpool came second last year>?

[/quote]

for the first time in how many years?