Sign in to follow this  
GenerationA47

Look away 1st Wiz!

Well he would say that wouldn''t he? He''s not going to say publicly he''s out to buy a new keeper because that will just undermine the confidence of those he''s got there already.

Also it will mean the price of anyone he wants to buy will go up because he''s publicly admitted he''s desperate. (It''s just the other side of the coin to our board being coy about how much we''ve got to spend).

Back in the summer Alex Ferguson said that he wasn''t going to buy any more players and the Man U Chief Executive said that even if he wanted to he couldn''t because there was no money left to spend. A week later they bought Wayne Rooney for £20 million!!

Actually G. Jim, Mr C and I have coordinated very closely and systematically in order to increase the number of very similar posts about Greeno moving on.    ...well, for the record mine was here first, by 2 minutes! 

Rosario - point taken.  It''s all open to speculation till the deed is done or otherwise.  However, why should Wenger publicly choose to admit he''s desperate, as you see it, if it has the result of pushing up his targets'' prices?  Surely he would keep quiet and hope to get a bargain...  and if he wanted to tell his present goalies he loved them to bits he could do so in private. 

Also, to quote somebody else, if "everyone in football" knows he''s going to Arsenal in the summer, then why aren''t the local journalists aware of this and reporting it as a fact? I merely ask, in my naivety.