Sign in to follow this  
jew

Everyone needs to remember

Bryan Gunn deserves alot of credit to the foundations he layed for this season. Thanks must go to Gunn for:

• Signing up Spillane and Martin on contracts,
  • signing Grant Holt,
  • making Gary Doherty captain.
  • Signing Micheal Nelson
  • keeping hold of Russell
  • Signing Hughes
  • Bringing smith through the youth system
  • Signing players based on youtube evidence
  • Treating us to lots of goals on the first day of the season
  • winning 4-0 vs Yeovil
  • looking smart on the touchline

• .....and PI SSING OFF!

Finally we have a proper manager

I think Glen Roeder deserves a lot of credit for:
  • Signing Wes Hoolahan, an absolute bargain at £250,000
  • Sending Chris Martin & Michael Spillane out on loan, may not have returned under his management but it''s certainly improved them as players
  • Giving young Korey Smith his first pro contract
  • Making us near £1m in profit on Sammy Clingan

He also wasted 2.5 million on loans leading us towards relegation.... But i think he would have just Kept us up. good job we got Gunn in to take us down and then lose 7 1 so the board realised changes needed to be made n brought is McNally who then brought in Lambert[:D]

Peter Grant deserves credit

• For signing the King of Spain

Cant really think of anything else to be honest

oh jesus, not another ''lets all thank Bryan Gunn'' thread!!, yes there were one or two ''off field'' things he did for us, but probably twice as many that weren''t a success.

On feld however, he was a disaster. Do you think he would have made the decisions to turn the game around in our favour today?. Do you seriously believe we would be anywhere near the top two if he were still in charge?

[quote user="Lord Archibald of Henville "]

Bryan Gunn deserves alot of credit to the foundations he layed for this season. Thanks must go to Gunn for:

• Signing up Spillane and Martin on contracts,

• signing Grant Holt,

• making Gary Doherty captain.

• Signing Micheal Nelson

• keeping hold of Russell

• Signing Hughes

• Bringing smith through the youth system

• Signing players based on youtube evidence

• Treating us to lots of goals on the first day of the season

• winning 4-0 vs Yeovil

• looking smart on the touchline

What TF are you rabbiting on about, Anyone can get in good players, but to get them to play as a team is another thing, Gunn''s knowledge of managment could be written on the back of a postage stamp 2nd class, he had the chance to keep us up he failed, He had the chance to make amends He failed, yellow and green blood isn''t good enough, if it was I could take over. Wake up you might learn something 

• .....and PI SSING OFF!

Finally we have a proper manager

[/quote]

Nigel Worthington deserves credit for earning a decent income & having no history of missed repayments on previous outstanding balances.But then I don''t work for Barclaycard, so won''t go starting topics about it.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I think Glen Roeder deserves a lot of credit for:

• Signing Wes Hoolahan, an absolute bargain at £250,000

• Sending Chris Martin & Michael Spillane out on loan, may not have returned under his management but it''s certainly improved them as players

• Giving young Korey Smith his first pro contract

• Making us near £1m in profit on Sammy Clingan

[/quote]

...and presiding over the complete demoralisation of the players and supporters which resulted in our relegation to our lowest level for 50 years. Quite an achievement.

I''m obviously one of the only ones who thinks the op poster was joking. Just a poor joke

I think some people only read part of an op before launching into a reply. Especially as it is something as strong as this!

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]I''m obviously one of the only ones who thinks the op poster was joking. Just a poor joke

I think some people only read part of an op before launching into a reply. Especially as it is something as strong as this![/quote]I guessed it was meant to be a joke too lol.

Gunn was a scout for how many years? you''d hope that with all the signings he made he''d at least make 1 good signing.. (if only to average out the bad).Was never manager material.. since when does a guy with no management material qualify for what should have been a top Championship side?

most of the perminent signings are doing quite well ..but then people dont see that ,they would rather insult the poor bloke 6 months after he left .he loved the club and the fans and more than likely done more for the club than people give him credit . its a real shame the bloke cant be remembered in a good way ..

lovely to see holt doing well ,but then again signing him was a no brainer ...thats why all teams have a player of his standard (not).