Sign in to follow this  
bloodwagon

Brighton v Norwich City unofficial match chat thread

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]we need a goal and quickly to settle the nerves![/quote]Seems like we are throwing the kitchen sink at them, are they having 10 men back in there pen area ?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]we need a goal and quickly to settle the nerves![/quote]It coming [Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]tiem to forget the diamond im afraid. lets go 4-4-2 with Mcnamee on the right and Hooligan on the left... i''d take Rusty off[/quote]

Haven''t we already established that Hollahoop isn''t a winger though?
[/quote]

ok.. take him off and put smith on the right and mcNamee on the left.

[/quote]

Not trying to be awkward, but Smith isn''t a winger either.
[/quote]

I agree with Jas here.

Lappin has been bloody anonymous yet again!

[/quote]

And you can tell this from the same radio broadcast I am listening to?

Sounds more like there are 3 or 4 players haven''t turned up yet.

Bit too early to be scapegoating just yet I think!
[/quote]

Not at all Morty... how about you put some names against the 3 or 4 players who you consider haven''t turned up yet?

Fo9r me it''s Lappin, Doherty, Hoolahan and possibly Russel Martin or Smith (although I think we need to keep Smith on otherwise we will lose the competitive edge that we need to get back in to the match in midfield).

If things keep going the way that they are then surely Lambert will have to start scapegoating and wielding the axe after this one???

[/quote]

If I''m honest I find it very difficult to get a real feel for what is actually going on from a radio commentary. I think that Brighton are using the size of the pitch, the pace of their wingers and the narrowness of our diamond to good effect.

But I still don''t think we have the players to play a solid 4-4-2 in this situation, and, if I''m honest I still think we have our best 11 out there at the moment. Macnamee is definitely an option but I don''t know much about his defensive capabilities.
[/quote]

McNamee has little defensive capabilities, very much the same as a certain Simon Lappin many would say.  On the other hand he looks far more dangerous going forwards, with a lot more pace and trickery and crosses that are whipped in with pace instead of being hung up in the air.

I agree that we do not really have the players to revert to a 4-4-2 formation and surely both bolardroom and management should of seen to this by now?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Saw my first City game in the 60''s. Had to be pushed down to the front of the old River End to see the game.[/quote]Wow I beat you Rudolph, see me first game in 1957 !!! 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Saw my first City game in the 60''s. Had to be pushed down to the front of the old River End to see the game.[/quote]

Did you play in the 60''s too Sad Old? [:^)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]tiem to forget the diamond im afraid. lets go 4-4-2 with Mcnamee on the right and Hooligan on the left... i''d take Rusty off[/quote]Haven''t we already established that Hollahoop isn''t a winger though?[/quote]

[/quote]Not trying to be awkward, but Smith isn''t a winger either.[/quote]

I agree with Jas here.

[/quote]And you can tell this from the same radio broadcast I am listening to?Sounds more like there are 3 or 4 players haven''t turned up yet.Bit too early to be scapegoating just yet I think![/quote]

Not at all Morty... how about you put some names against the 3 or 4 players who you consider haven''t turned up yet?

Fo9r me it''s Lappin, Doherty, Hoolahan and possibly Russel Martin or Smith (although I think we need to keep Smith on otherwise we will lose the competitive edge that we need to get back in to the match in midfield).

If things keep going the way that they are then surely Lambert will have to start scapegoating and wielding the axe after this one???

[/quote]If I''m honest I find it very difficult to get a real feel for what is actually going on from a radio commentary. I think that Brighton are using the size of the pitch, the pace of their wingers and the narrowness of our diamond to good effect.But I still don''t think we have the players to play a solid 4-4-2 in this situation, and, if I''m honest I still think we have our best 11 out there at the moment. Macnamee is definitely an option but I don''t know much about his defensive capabilities. [/quote]Wouldn''t you put Askou Whitbread Drury and Spillane into are best 11? I would, i think we have the whole 2nd choice back 4 out there at the moment

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Saw my first City game in the 60''s. Had to be pushed down to the front of the old River End to see the game.[/quote]
Wow I beat you Rudolph, see me first game in 1957 !!! 
[/quote]

Did the midfield drop deep in 1957 when they concerned about what was going on behind them week after week Bloodwagon? [:^)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]tiem to forget the diamond im afraid. lets go 4-4-2 with Mcnamee on the right and Hooligan on the left... i''d take Rusty off[/quote]Haven''t we already established that Hollahoop isn''t a winger though?[/quote]

I agree with Jas here.

[/quote]And you can tell this from the same radio broadcast I am listening to?Sounds more like there are 3 or 4 players haven''t turned up yet.Bit too early to be scapegoating just yet I think![/quote]

[/quote]If I''m honest I find it very difficult to get a real feel for what is actually going on from a radio commentary. I think that Brighton are using the size of the pitch, the pace of their wingers and the narrowness of our diamond to good effect.But I still don''t think we have the players to play a solid 4-4-2 in this situation, and, if I''m honest I still think we have our best 11 out there at the moment. Macnamee is definitely an option but I don''t know much about his defensive capabilities. [/quote]

McNamee has little defensive capabilities, very much the same as a certain Simon Lappin many would say.  On the other hand he looks far more dangerous going forwards, with a lot more pace and trickery and crosses that are whipped in with pace instead of being hung up in the air.

I agree that we do not really have the players to revert to a 4-4-2 formation and surely both bolardroom and management should of seen to this by now?

[/quote]I would sanction Macnamee for Lappin once we get a goal back, I think bringing him on now is too much of a risk.I have this sussed out though, have you ever seen the rumble in the jungle where muhammed Ali let Joe Foreman think he was winning then all of a sudden came to life and whupped his ass?[:)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Saw my first City game in the 60''s. Had to be pushed down to the front of the old River End to see the game.[/quote]Wow I beat you Rudolph, see me first game in 1957 !!!  [/quote]

Did the midfield drop deep in 1957 when they concerned about what was going on behind them week after week Bloodwagon? [:^)]

[/quote]No one dropped deep in those days. Was always ... we will score more than you wasnt it?

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]tiem to forget the diamond im afraid. lets go 4-4-2 with Mcnamee on the right and Hooligan on the left... i''d take Rusty off[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with Jas here.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I''m honest I find it very difficult to get a real feel for what is actually going on from a radio commentary. I think that Brighton are using the size of the pitch, the pace of their wingers and the narrowness of our diamond to good effect.

But I still don''t think we have the players to play a solid 4-4-2 in this situation, and, if I''m honest I still think we have our best 11 out there at the moment. Macnamee is definitely an option but I don''t know much about his defensive capabilities.
[/quote]
Wouldn''t you put Askou Whitbread Drury and Spillane into are best 11? I would, i think we have the whole 2nd choice back 4 out there at the moment
[/quote]

More than likely yes... [Y]

I would also of brought another centre half in during the transfer window... especially seeing as it seems likely that we may struggle to get Whitbread back to full fitness before the end of the season.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Saw my first City game in the 60''s. Had to be pushed down to the front of the old River End to see the game.[/quote]Wow I beat you Rudolph, see me first game in 1957 !!!  [/quote]

[/quote]Hell if i know Smudge, was to small to even understand the game in them days lololol

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with Jas here.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would sanction Macnamee for Lappin once we get a goal back, I think bringing him on now is too much of a risk.

I have this sussed out though, have you ever seen the rumble in the jungle where muhammed Ali let Joe Foreman think he was winning then all of a sudden came to life and whupped his ass?

[:)]
[/quote]

Well it looks like Lambert doesn''t agree with you Morty and I don''t really bloame him either! [:P]

Ok ... why Smith? Who will play right? Chris Martin??? The lop sided midfield didnt work last week.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Askounin"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I agree with Jas here.

[/quote]If I''m honest I find it very difficult to get a real feel for what is actually going on from a radio commentary. I think that Brighton are using the size of the pitch, the pace of their wingers and the narrowness of our diamond to good effect.But I still don''t think we have the players to play a solid 4-4-2 in this situation, and, if I''m honest I still think we have our best 11 out there at the moment. Macnamee is definitely an option but I don''t know much about his defensive capabilities. [/quote]Wouldn''t you put Askou Whitbread Drury and Spillane into are best 11? I would, i think we have the whole 2nd choice back 4 out there at the moment[/quote]

I would also of brought another centre half in during the transfer window... especially seeing as it seems likely that we may struggle to get Whitbread back to full fitness before the end of the season.

[/quote]I agree with you Smudger that we should have brought in another CB in Jan but do you not think that if Southampton where also interested in Seaborne then we had no realistic chance of getting him as they would outbid us and probably offer morw wages aswell?

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Saw my first City game in the 60''s. Had to be pushed down to the front of the old River End to see the game.[/quote]
Wow I beat you Rudolph, see me first game in 1957 !!! 
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hell if i know Smudge, was to small to even understand the game in them days lololol
[/quote]

My elder borther was not even a twinkle in my fathers eye in them days, let alone me mate! [;)]

Remember the old Skinner & Baddiel Fantasy Football song... "Old Football is Crap?"

[quote user="Askounin"]
Wouldn''t you put Askou Whitbread Drury and Spillane into are best 11? I would, i think we have the whole 2nd choice back 4 out there at the moment
[/quote]

Nope. I wouldn''t be worried about having Askou or Whitbread in the team but Spillane isn''t good enough to be first choice.

Them was the days when it was so crowded if you wanted the loo, you had to wait till full time, or if you went to the loo, you would never get back to your place.Them was the days

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Askounin"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with Jas here.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree with you Smudger that we should have brought in another CB in Jan but do you not think that if Southampton where also interested in Seaborne then we had no realistic chance of getting him as they would outbid us and probably offer morw wages aswell?
[/quote]

Maybe so and maybe if none of the resons that you mentioned came in to it then Seaborne may still of preferred to stay on the South Coast.

It appears from what we know however that we brought in Whitbread who hadn''t played all season and left it at that, without so much as putting a bid in for anybody else.  Who knows Seaborne may have preferred playing for us rather than the Saints if we had of gone in for him.  Let''s not forget that we have a good chance of automatic promotion and that Seaborne would of had the chance to play nearly every game for us so far if he had of signed for us.

C''mon for F**k sake, we haven''t even put them under a concerted spell of pressure for 10 mins or so yet!

Ok, just come home and see we''re losing. What on earth has been going on?I can hack losing to a decent Millwall side with a cracking home record. But Brighton?