Sign in to follow this  
bloodwagon

Brighton v Norwich City unofficial match chat thread

[quote user="Henry"]Nelson ... what a liability [;)]
[/quote]

The same Nelson who cleared one off the line to prevent us going 2-0 down?

Don''t forget his partner in crime here will you?

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]My prediction for today:

Brighton 2

Norwich 0

Lots of our attacking moves will leave us exposed at the back and we''ll get countered.
[/quote]

douche bag

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]tiem to forget the diamond im afraid. lets go 4-4-2 with Mcnamee on the right and Hooligan on the left... i''d take Rusty off[/quote]Haven''t we already established that Hollahoop isn''t a winger though?[/quote]

ok.. take him off and put smith on the right and mcNamee on the left.

[/quote]Not trying to be awkward, but Smith isn''t a winger either.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]My prediction for today:Brighton 2Norwich 0Lots of our attacking moves will leave us exposed at the back and we''ll get countered.[/quote]We will score in 2nd half after PL has had a good go at the team at half time

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Henry"]Nelson ... what a liability [;)][/quote]

[/quote]Lol, only you could turn praise for Nelson into criticism for Docherty!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Henry"]Nelson ... what a liability [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote] Think he was being sarcastic to the people that say that.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]My prediction for today:Brighton 2Norwich 0Lots of our attacking moves will leave us exposed at the back and we''ll get countered.[/quote]You are the biggest attention seeking idiot on here. Why don''t you do what you said you were and Pi$$ off.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Henry"]Nelson ... what a liability [;)][/quote]

[/quote]What do i know? Said Martin would equalise before HT.Not the biggest fan of Nelson, he makes me even more nervous than Doc ever did. But he is an old fashioned, full blooded defender and sometimes, just sometimes us Norwich fans should be grateful for that. When he gets turned though .... thats a different story [;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Beauseant"]Brighton score.[/quote]

Can''t say I''m surprised, this could well be our dodgey patch.

Much harder to win when you go one behind.
[/quote]

I said that this would be a difficult game Ricardo... as I also expected Millwall and Southampton at home to be.

We should of been ready for it.  We have looked poor for weeks, especially at the back.  We should of brought in 2 or 3 more players in January that meant we had the required strenght in depth and options to create various different systems and styles of play.  Instead City thought they would run the risk of going with what we had.

Let''s hope that  Nelson clearing off the line and keeping it at 1-0 means that we can still come back to collect all 3 points in the 2nd half.  Although it sounds like we are going to have to up it 2 or 3 gears to deserve getting all 3 points from this match.

Sounds poor and we seem vulnerable on the break to LuaLua''s pace. Think we should go 4 4 2 and take Lappin off for Mcnamee. Smith and Russell center Wes and Mc wide.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]tiem to forget the diamond im afraid. lets go 4-4-2 with Mcnamee on the right and Hooligan on the left... i''d take Rusty off[/quote]

Haven''t we already established that Hollahoop isn''t a winger though?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not trying to be awkward, but Smith isn''t a winger either.
[/quote]

I agree with Jas here.

Lappin has been bloody anonymous yet again!

Panic not people, I just poked my head out my window here in NR1 and I can hear Paul Lambert from here.[:)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]tiem to forget the diamond im afraid. lets go 4-4-2 with Mcnamee on the right and Hooligan on the left... i''d take Rusty off[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with Jas here.

[/quote]

Maybe I should learn to read properly? [:$]

But Lappin for McNamee for it is for me.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]tiem to forget the diamond im afraid. lets go 4-4-2 with Mcnamee on the right and Hooligan on the left... i''d take Rusty off[/quote]Haven''t we already established that Hollahoop isn''t a winger though?[/quote]

[/quote]Not trying to be awkward, but Smith isn''t a winger either.[/quote]

I agree with Jas here.

[/quote]And you can tell this from the same radio broadcast I am listening to?Sounds more like there are 3 or 4 players haven''t turned up yet.Bit too early to be scapegoating just yet I think!

[quote user="morty"]Panic not people, I just poked my head out my window here in NR1 and I can hear Paul Lambert from here.

[:)]
[/quote]

lol [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]Panic not people, I just poked my head out my window here in NR1 and I can hear Paul Lambert from here.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]He WILL sort it out, trust him.[:)]

I do feel we are struggling a bit at the moment, i think a few things are starting to catch up with us. Teams are staarting to figure out the diamond midfeild, players like lappin smith and russell are starting to look a little bit tired/complacent also i think we are really missing Askou and Drury at the back. Maby we need a chance of personel and formation in the 2nd half

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with Jas here.

[/quote]

And you can tell this from the same radio broadcast I am listening to?

Sounds more like there are 3 or 4 players haven''t turned up yet.

Bit too early to be scapegoating just yet I think!
[/quote]

Not at all Morty... how about you put some names against the 3 or 4 players who you consider haven''t turned up yet?

Fo9r me it''s Lappin, Doherty, Hoolahan and possibly Russel Martin or Smith (although I think we need to keep Smith on otherwise we will lose the competitive edge that we need to get back in to the match in midfield).

If things keep going the way that they are then surely Lambert will have to start scapegoating and wielding the axe after this one???

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]The diamond is definitely damaged.  Does Lambert have the nous to find a solution?[:^)][/quote] Think we are about to find out. Lappin for Mcnamee for me. 4 4 2.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]Panic not people, I just poked my head out my window here in NR1 and I can hear Paul Lambert from here.

[/quote]

[/quote]

He WILL sort it out, trust him.

[/quote]

I trust Lambert.

What I am not sure of however is that the board have financed him sufficiently to have the options to get out of this tricky period.  We don''t have the players to alter our diamond system much and we are also struggling at the back with Askou, Spillane and Drury out.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Not trying to be awkward, but Smith isn''t a winger either.[/quote]

I agree with Jas here.

[/quote]And you can tell this from the same radio broadcast I am listening to?Sounds more like there are 3 or 4 players haven''t turned up yet.Bit too early to be scapegoating just yet I think![/quote]

Not at all Morty... how about you put some names against the 3 or 4 players who you consider haven''t turned up yet?

Fo9r me it''s Lappin, Doherty, Hoolahan and possibly Russel Martin or Smith (although I think we need to keep Smith on otherwise we will lose the competitive edge that we need to get back in to the match in midfield).

If things keep going the way that they are then surely Lambert will have to start scapegoating and wielding the axe after this one???

[/quote]If I''m honest I find it very difficult to get a real feel for what is actually going on from a radio commentary. I think that Brighton are using the size of the pitch, the pace of their wingers and the narrowness of our diamond to good effect.But I still don''t think we have the players to play a solid 4-4-2 in this situation, and, if I''m honest I still think we have our best 11 out there at the moment. Macnamee is definitely an option but I don''t know much about his defensive capabilities.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusgeneralsportsnews/5006242.Follow_Albion_v_Norwich_LIVE_here/

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]The player we really miss, who has always left our defence imbalanced whenever he is out is Adam Drury.[/quote]

I think that''s a fair point. He''s a hard act to follow this season, but I think we need more from the "wide" midfield players.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]It''s the midfield that concerns me. Playing too deep and, as the Millwall goals showed, failing to pick up.[/quote]

You still haven''t picked up why this is though have you Sad Old?

I know it was many years ago since you last played football, but a midfield drops deep when they are concerned about what is going on behind them for long periods of each match (week in week out).

Surely it wasn''t too much different in the 1950''s??? [:P]