Sign in to follow this  
Bexley

Powerful thing superstition

Last Summer in the close season I got a new motor & before taking the old one in for part exchange I emptied everything out and put them in a carrier bag in the garage - few cd''s, couple of biro''s, odd kids glove found under passenger seat, old receipts that kind of thing.

Last Saturday was clearing out the garage & came accross the bag & chucked away the rubbish & kept anything decent including my hanging NCFC Canary which I promptly put back in back windscreen of the new car. After all, top of the league - fly the flag & all that.

Today had ''family duties'' and was driving home with the wife listening to half time scores on Radio 5. Of course it came up that we were losing - cue a large groan from me.

"It''s that canary you put back in the car" says the wife "it''s been a curse since you put it back in the car".

Get home 5 mins later in a foul mood, rip the dangling canary off its sucker and chuck it in the boot. The result? We come back & win.

Will that Canary ever hang from any vehicle of mine ever again? No, of course not. Now there is no rational reason whatsoever as to how that canary hanging or not in my car could influence a football match hundreds of miles away - but in my mind the removing of that Canary is the sole reason that we came back to win today.

You may now call the nurses on my behalf.        

Don''t get the folks in white coats just yet Bex, I of course wore a jersey to the first game I ever went to and we lost, since then I only wear a token piece of Canary colour and it''s been wins all the way albeit coming over from across the pond but still not a bad ratio all in all.

[quote user="Twitchy"]Don''t get the folks in white coats just yet Bex, I of course wore a jersey to the first game I ever went to and we lost, since then I only wear a token piece of Canary colour and it''s been wins all the way albeit coming over from across the pond but still not a bad ratio all in all.[/quote]

At least I''ll have someone to listen to the commentary with in the pyschiatric unit Twitchy!!

Anyone else going to jopin us due to their strange superstitions?

My mate Bury Yellow and I have what we call "One Cheek" syndrome. Put simply whatever you are doing when you are at home and City score, you must continue to do this for the rest of the game. If , as has been suggested by BY you are sitting awkwardly (you have for some reason shifted onto "one cheek" you must remain in this uncomfortable position.

I am happy to report it still works. Padding nervously about the house yesterday I briefly sat on my sons bed watching Sky when Holt equalised. I didn''t move a muscle, and Hey Presto we scored again. Same thing happened the other night with the Walsall game.

It doesn''t work at Carrow Road, only when you are not at the game.

Pathetic really isn''t it!!!!

I looked down at my odd lime green and flouro yellow socks whilst we were getting beaten by Charlton a few years ago (under Grant when Dion got sent off because of Danny Mills) and I swore I''d never wear NCFC coloured socks again. Last weekend I went to work early in the morning and just grabbed some socks in the dark and bunged em on. We got beat at Millwall and the socks.... yellow of course. My fault guys sorry about that!