Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Team v Bolton - whoever's left!!!

Unbelieveble, now Leon''s gone back to being 50/50 having been, quote, "not a major doubt" and Jonson is out too and Henderson as well who would have been an option with Jonson being out. Which you would have though would make it pretty easy to pick the team. Yet there are still numerous options on the wings and up front and decisions to be made. This might be a bit radical for our Nige but what about:

-----------Green------------

Eddie---Doc----Flem---Brennan

Bentley--Helveg--Safri--Hux

-------Leon--WLY---------

I''ve always thought that Hux and Macca play well together on the rare occasions when they''re actually no the pitch at the same time and on the same side. Likewise hux and Brennan (remember Coventry away last year?) A left line of Brennan - Hux - WLY would combine very well i think. You could swap hux and wly when it suited but i think general consensus is that hux up front tends to leave his strike partner out on a limb.

With the exception of Safri in for Mullers or Charlie in for Doc if fit I dont see Worthy making any changes to the team that started last weekend.

My side would be, assuming current fitness issues remain unaltered

Green
Eddy Shackell Charlton Drury
Safri Helveg
Bentley Hux Jonson/McVeigh if J not fit
Leon

Safri & Helveg are hardly very mobile and the formation allows a 4/5 man midfield (hux!) when defending yet 4 attackers going forward with pace, making a theme on the popular 4-5-1.

Hopefully Jarvis and Shackell can no make the bench given our injury list.

OTBC

ZPL - I like the look of your formation. I''d like to see Leon as a lone striker and defensive minded midfielders in front of the defence a la'' Everton.

But prefer to see Mcveigh play ahead of Bentley.

Having said that - with so much change, could this team gel together in time?

With all the injuries this could prove to be a good omen as those who are in and out and never in will get a chance to shine. I think some players have become a bit stagnant so some fresh legs and blood will give us a wee boost. I think we''re going to win 3-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we''re score first!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the first half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nope I haven''t been drinking.

My one fear for the weekend is that if Charlton is fit and Leon isn''t we''ll end up with a front pairing of Svensson and Docherty - I know we need to cope with Bolton''s height but that would offer no mobility at all.

Given Worthy''s comments in the week that the Doc will play somewhere or other this looks a distinct possibility - batten down the hatches it''s aerial bombardment day at Carrow Road!!

Be afraid, I cannot remember Wothy ever stating a player would definitely play before, not even Hukerby or Holt in the past, wherever the Doc plays you can be sure it won''t be pretty or effective.

Can''t decide whether we will lose 2-0 or 3-0, 2-0 is favourite Bolton will look kindly on us, get your money on now, the only enjoyment the afternoon will hold.

seems Charltons passed his fitness test, so take your tin hats and binoculars tomorrow - Doc and Sven up front it''ll be!!

Unless of course Charley''s moving to Left Back and Drury''s having a rest now....interesting or too un-Worthy like? 

Assuming Leon is unfit...

-----------Green------------

Eddie---Flem----Shack---Charlton

Bentley--Helveg--Safri--Hux

-------Jarvis--McVeigh---------

I''d like to see:

Greeno

Eddy        Flem       Shackell/Doc     Charlton

McVeigh      Helveg       safri        Bentley

Svensson      Hucks

What we''ll probably see is:

Greeno

Eddy       Flem       Charlton (if fit)     Drury

Bentley       Helveg      Safri             Hucks

Svensson    Doc

If worse case scenario we have no Charlton, Francis, Mullers, Leon, Hendo, Holt or Jonson then we''ll see:

Green

Eddy    Flem     Doc    Drury

Bents  Helveg  Safri  Brennan

Sven   Hucks

Betcha