Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Paul Crichton and Norwich City part ways

Just reported on BBC Radio Norfolk, Lawrence Batty helping out today, former Woking goalkeeper (Robert Green''s hero apparently) - also worked with Lambert at Wycombe.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]From the boys at Brighton. Lawrence Batty helping out for the day.[/quote]

Not good news, and could now hamper any perm signing of Forster... Always looked happy around the place. Gutted

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Another ''legend'' off the gravy train!

Well done Paul[Y]
[/quote]

Silly quote really, he was here for what? 2 years if that and he helped Forster and co. If we get another keeper coach, I suppose he will be on the gravy train then?

Hopefully the new appointment is very decent, we''ve got 2 excellent young keepers in Rudd and Steer, need to ensure they get the best tutoring.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]It was blatantly just an ''old pals act'' that bought P.C back to Carra Rd as keeper coach.

[/quote]

No you have just added 2+2 and got 5. He is actually highly respected.

This bloke who came into today, if he gets the job that will be an old pals act won''t it? As he worked with Lambert before, what will you say then?

Personally i have never seen our keepers worked so hard on match days either before or at half-time this has helped Forster in particular stay focused and i am sure he would say has only helped him become an even better keeper so good luck Paul Crichton .

[quote user="city till i die"]gunny to take over monday lol[/quote]

Not even in jest mate, bugger, I bet Mellisa''s already started a Facebook campaign!

Didn`t Crichton have a "serious issue" when he was at York?? I`m sure he ended up having to leave very quickly under a cloud. Something kicked off between him, the fans and / or chairman. Does anyone know the real story. At one stage someone was threatening to take legal action I think??

In his interview with Radio Norfolk after the game, Lambert clearly didn''t want to talk about Crichton and why he left, he just skirted around the question and kept saying how good it was for Batty to step in at short notice. Personally i can''t be critical of any of his decisions so if he''s decided that he no longer required Crichton''s services then that''s fine by me.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]It was blatantly just an ''old pals act'' that bought P.C back to Carra Rd as keeper coach.[/quote]I think this was exactly the case, another example of the old regime being to soft and bringing and old pal in on the chaep instead of actually looking for someone good at their job, and Lambert realised Crichton was actually sh*t and got rid