Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Does Doc Suffer From a Bad Haircut?

Why is it people naturally don''t like Doc?

It can''t be his play, he has been a dedicated pro for us over many seasons and is a former Barry Butler Trophy winner having a great season this time round.

He is a nice modest guy but he has always looked 10 years older than he is.

Alright, losing his hair is something he shares with any number of men but his whippy, strawberry blonde, cover the bare pate, whispy, candy floss, cuts it himself couture criminality that surmounts his cranium in my opinion makes him look so ridiculous those who watch him look at his game in a prejudiced light.

Get a decent haircut Doc and silence those boo boys.

I think it is due to people''s different taste in football. Some people prefer the fighting 100% committed players e.g. The Doc. However some people prefer more cultured, calm and collected, center backs in their team. In the end it is just opinion of which everyone has different ideals. It depends what you look for in a player at first. Some look for a good first touch, some look for dedication to the cause. These football philosophies both have their merits. This is why football is so great- who is to say who is right?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Why is it people naturally don''t like Doc? It can''t be his play, he has been a dedicated pro for us over many seasons and is a former Barry Butler Trophy winner having a great season this time round. He is a nice modest guy but he has always looked 10 years older than he is. Alright, losing his hair is something he shares with any number of men but his whippy, strawberry blonde, cover the bare pate, whispy, candy floss, cuts it himself couture criminality that surmounts his cranium in my opinion makes him look so ridiculous those who watch him look at his game in a prejudiced light. Get a decent haircut Doc and silence those boo boys.[/quote]

A lot of people tend to remember all his bad faults, like come dancing habit and giving away more points than then he''s won, but I think he as only found his true form because of the league we are in, If when we go up I think he will go.   

his haircut , his hooter and the fact he looks in his early 50`s definately don`t do him any favours  and i think  its why people dislike him.. personally  i think he`s a legend [:D]

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]I think it is due to people''s different taste in football. Some people prefer the fighting 100% committed players e.g. The Doc. However some people prefer more cultured, calm and collected, center backs in their team.  Some look for a good first touch, some look for dedication to the cause.
[/quote]

I think you get all of that with the Doc.

I''ve been a big fan of Doc since his arrival..I''ve never disagreed with peoples critisms of him because I''ve never seen him do many of the things they critisise him for so I always take the approach that I must miss these massive errors he apparently makes... [:^)]

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]I think it is due to people''s different taste in football. Some people prefer the fighting 100% committed players e.g. The Doc. However some people prefer more cultured, calm and collected, center backs in their team.  Some look for a good first touch, some look for dedication to the cause. [/quote]

[/quote]If that were the case and he had both, he would be in the Premier League.

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]I think it is due to people''s different taste in football. Some people prefer the fighting 100% committed players e.g. The Doc. However some people prefer more cultured, calm and collected, center backs in their team.  Some look for a good first touch, some look for dedication to the cause.
[/quote]

[/quote]

If that were the case and he had both, he would be in the Premier League.
[/quote]

Not necessarily.

Because what he is missing is pace on the turn. Those first couple of yards are absolutely crucial in the Premier League.

I''m sure anybody who watches him play and doesn''t have their mind (wrongly) made up about him would be able to tell that not only is he a solid defender but he can also play the ball as well.

The  things that have struck in particular about Doc this season are firstly his distribution. Surely it doesnt matter which league you are in for that. He has played some really good long diagonal balls this season which in previous ones seem to end up in the stand. He has also added goals to his game. Whereas before he attacked the ball with little conviction he now seems to believe he will score. It is nice to the grappling has stopped. Would that return in the championship against faster opponents? Colchester would have been intresting test because of Lisbie''s pace but given the nature of the pitch we never really got to see.

There is no doubt he has been one of the major pluses of the campaign. However I still think in the long term the Doc and Nelson represents our weakest centre back pairing. I would like to see Askou and Whitbread in the long run.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s none of those things. It''s all those penalties he gives away[:''(]

[/quote]

Yeah, which pillock signed the Doc?....I thought he was a striker, then he''s in the back four? C''mon? Who signed the Doc?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Yeah, which pillock signed the Doc?....I thought he was a striker, then he''s in the back four? C''mon? Who signed the Doc?

[/quote]

You must be the only person who don''t know the answer, so it must be a wind up yher

Yes.

But it shows that he''s independent and strong-minded .......although a bit messy (like his play, I suppose).

Most people these days would either shave it all off or have a crewcut and forget all about it - I mean footballers can hardly invest in mats or weaves can they?

OTBC

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was that Worthyout chap. And then Roederout. But will Lambertini be the third mug[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was that Worthyout chap. And then Roederout. But will Lambertini be the third mug[:^)]

[/quote]

It was that Worthyout chap and that board who thought it prudent to get him in as the cheap option to bung up front whilst they saved up to buy Deano.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was that Worthyout chap and that board who thought it prudent to get him in as the cheap option to bung up front whilst they saved up to buy Deano.

OTBC

[/quote]

And then you thought he was the best signing of them all ''til he started giving away penalties on the wireless.

Being ginger, balding, not the best looking, looking at least 10 years older than he actually is, generally not trendy and being a decent honest human being are traits that don''t help the Doc in the popularity stakes!

Also the fact that a Doc error is blown out of all proportion while other players not as good as him make more mistakes which fans don''t pick up on. Often the Docs honesty in fighting for the team hasn''t helped him cause often in the past hes had struggling defenders with him and a non existant midfield which has put the defence under pressure. The Doc has been critiscised for trying to prevent the other team scoring when more often than not he was put in a bad situation by his team mates in front of him.

The facts are he owes us nothing cause he cost £750,000 and in over 200 games for the club most of them have been good performances. Yes hes had his mares but everyone does - Look at Holt yesterday before the goal he scored, that was as poor as hes ever played for us!

The myths about Doc are ridiculous - Hes slow - B*llocks! - The reality is hes not a greyhound but he isn''t besten for pace often!

Yesterday (Brighton away) him and coincidentally another player highly critiscised recently on here Lappin were consistently over the course of the game our best 2 players and didn''t go missing like numourous others did!

Still even on this thread theirs planks suggesting that if we get promoted the Doc will be gone cause we need a better class of player - b*llocks!

The Doc has been outstanding this season and has been a big factor in our current position so I''d of thought it common sense to retain the services of one of our top performers next season.

People who say the Doc is c*ap really haven''t got a clue. Thankfully theirs also a lot of fans who can see what a good job the Doc has done for us, which is why hes been player of the season, nearly won it a couple of other times (he was well better than Croft who won it last season!) and its not a coincidence every manager from Worthy to Lambert have picked the Doc more than not!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

And then you thought he was the best signing of them all ''til he started giving away penalties on the wireless.

[/quote]

Evidence?

Thought not.

[:S]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Evidence?

Thought not.

[:S]

OTBC

[/quote]

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

just because he wears reebok classics and diadora jackets doesnt make him different to everyone else.

rass obv course it fuckin does

I can buy into replacing the ginger pele if we get promoted - but as long as we sign better,  and I am not convinced that we have the finances to do so.

What I cant buy into is that there is a better or as consistent centre half at the club.  Of those that have played more than half a dozen games none have been better,  Askou, Spillane or Nelson are all inferior performers this season. Spillane is a farbetter full back, Nelson is a league one player at best and Askou looks like that too.     Whitbread may be the one, he has impressed so far but from the cameos he has given its a case of wait and see.   

So when it comes to replacing players next season Nelson for me is the first to go, and probably Askou too although I would keep him as we need 4 in the squad.  We will need to sign 1 centre back plus cover any otherdepartures.