Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

1000 tickets

Just seen on the club website, Southampton have returned a 1000 tickets as only bringing 1400, on sale as of this morning , The Jarrold Ultras will be snapping them up then !

I think the club needs to have a look at the process of allocating away tickets.

Aside from Leeds we shouldn''t really be giving anyone in this league more than 1k tickets to start with.

Southampton asking for 2,400 - then sending 1,000 back - is just silly.

Anyone who saw how many they brought to our place last season would know their away support is shite unless it''s a crunch game.

Leaves us with just 5 days to shift 1,000 tickets, after telling everyone the game had sold out.

Must be a better way of doing things than this...

It doesn''t matter that we have to sell 1000 in 5 days, I would be surprised if all the tickets weren''t snapped up by the end of tomorrow. I will certainly be snapping mine up.

I must admit that i''m surprised Southampton have given us back 1,000 tickets, their away support is usually fairly good. I would have thought that more teams would have brought bigger numbers to Carrow Road this season than they have done, only Leeds this season will sell out the full away allocation. Is Norwich really that much of a pain in the arse to get to?

It''s more the fact half the teams we are playing struggle to get 7/8k for home games - let alone take 2k away.

Southampton''s away support has always been poor. They brought about 400 to our place last season.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]"The red and white army currently stands at 780 for the trip to the league leaders on Saturday."[/quote]

Standard for them; they''ll bring 900 tops.

Which begs the question: which **** in their ticket office asked for an initial allocation of 2,200-2,400?

Absurd.

Like giving Hartlepool the whole of the Jarrold to sell...

The original story on the Saints website at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10280~1952144,00.html suggests they had 1,318 to start with and could have had more if they sold fast, but obviously not. So I guess they didn''t ask for the full allocation straight off. Don''t think us only having five days to sell 1,000 will be a problem though, they''re going to fly out.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]The original story on the Saints website at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10280~1952144,00.html suggests they had 1,318 to start with and could have had more if they sold fast, but obviously not. So I guess they didn''t ask for the full allocation straight off. Don''t think us only having five days to sell 1,000 will be a problem though, they''re going to fly out.
[/quote]

Not sure that adds up. Plus it was only posted today.

Look through the other end of the telescope guys and girls.A long trip to Norfolk or do you save all your pennies to take your family to the JPT Final at Wembley 8 days later.Just playing devils advocate.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Nope, it was posted a couple of weeks ago, that''s when I read it originally. Guess they''ve just updated the date.
[/quote]

Did not notice the bit at the bottom about the 1,200 extra tickets - makes sense now. But really think they could have been returned sooner.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Look through the other end of the telescope guys and girls.A long trip to Norfolk or do you save all your pennies to take your family to the JPT Final at Wembley 8 days later.Just playing devils advocate.[/quote]They may be saving up for that final, but in that case they are being quite far-sighted, because is five weeks later rather than eight days.

Negating a league match to save money for the JP final? Christ almighty. Might not bother going to any more City games for the rest of the season as I''m sure the club will have a lovely pre-season tour of Scotland that I just wouldn''t want to miss.