Sign in to follow this  
Hooleyfan

Our Lady of Carrow stadium...a Sunday night thread!

I was reading somewhere that the wealth of the Anglican church in this country could settle the third world debt three times over...I dont know whether that is true but there is some serious money wrapped up in its real estate, if nothing else.

...this is a bit off the wall and you can take as light or serious as you like, but it occurred to me that with falling church attendances and the Church of England in its traditional form of reaching out to the people, being somewhat anachronistic, attracting a largely middle class audience, it could do a lot worse than to buy a football club or two...

Take the better supported clubs like our own, there''s a ready made audience...full house guaranteed. Shift a game or two to a Sunday...a bit of pre-match or half time religious thought...or a new take on the ''Cross'' bar challenge. For the price of saying a prayer or two, (which lets face it, all of us do individually a few times each season), would you stop supporting City, if the Church was sponsoring us and keeping us in a competitive position, adding to the squad and stadium?

I could think of a lot worse investers. I could handle that, with the Barclay choir throwing a few hymns in whenever it goes quiet.

[quote user="The gut"]I could think of a lot worse investers. I could handle that, with the Barclay choir throwing a few hymns in whenever it goes quiet.[/quote]Until a kiddie fiddler scandal rears its head[;)]

Perhaps if we can increase the capacity of Carra, we could do some marketing with the new Polish and Portuguese community to make sure they know about our Catholic links. Both great footballing nations!

In a year or three, we might sign up a couple of Norfolk Poles or Norfolk Portuguese to the academy.  There must eventually be a decent young kid amongst them.

[quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"][quote user="The gut"]I could think of a lot worse investers. I could handle that, with the Barclay choir throwing a few hymns in whenever it goes quiet.[/quote]

Until a kiddie fiddler scandal rears its head[;)]
[/quote]

No fiddlers then, especially youg ones, but they can play the recorder tho'' can''t they?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]No no no no, can we keep the nutters with their superstitions and stories away from football please?[/quote]Given that studies still show that over half of the British population still believe in God that''s a lot of nutters.

[quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]No no no no, can we keep the nutters with their superstitions and stories away from football please?[/quote]Given that studies still show that over half of the British population still believe in God that''s a lot of nutters.[/quote]That is truly terrifying. 

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]No no no no, can we keep the nutters with their superstitions and stories away from football please?[/quote]Given that studies still show that over half of the British population still believe in God that''s a lot of nutters.[/quote]That is truly terrifying.  [/quote]To you maybe old chap, anyway football and God have form. Pope JP was a goalkeeper and Billy Bragg wrote "God''s footballer", a truly great song!