Sign in to follow this  
yoda

If we are all honest

In the back of our minds we are as good as promoted aren''t we ? we''ve gone through the senario of getting that 1st or 2nd place and it''s there , in our minds eye . So how gutted are we going to be if a big drop in form leads to disappointment ? doesn''t bear thinking does it ?

Do I think we are one of the best 2 teams in this division? Yes probably the best.Will not getting auto promotion spot be a crushing disappointment now? It sure would.Will I be celebrating or counting my chickens any time soon? Will I fk, best to be pessimistic and not too egotistical as a fan. It hurts less when your team lets you down, which happens quite often in this game.

I am already popping champagne corks I do come from a wealthy family though.

We are up, There will not be the drop in form feared. Games at home to Brentford and away at Walsall and Brighton prove that.

Drop in form is often merely an inability to cope with the other teams tactics. That has rarely been the case since October. We have dug out results where it would have been accepted to draw or even lose. That''s why we are where we are.

I don''t want us to play Leeds now as some want. I want us to play them when we do.

That will mean they have played 6 games in three weeks ! Then to prepare for us they have Southampton away and Millwall at home first.

As to me if I am honest I am not going to get exited. We are up. Most likely as champions.

What I am going to do is watch as many games as I can, savour as much of a memorable season as I can and fill the old memory bank as fukk as possible to tide me over the times when we are not top of the table by yards, are not having great fun visiting cracking little grounds and meeting real fans.

So hush your fears children, go out and enjoy it.

What needs to be remembered here is that at 1 - 0 down our players can see themselves coming back and winning the game because they believe it possible because of their success.

Brighton meanwhile, at 1 -1 get the ''here we go again sinking feeling.''

The difference is going into a game thinking they only have to turn up to win.

I cannot see Lambert tolerating that kind of attitude.

As a fan I''m loving it; I''m ticking off the games and working out the averages. I feel very confident as do other fans but, like the players, we do not need to turn up to games thinking it is a done deal.

I am sure we respect Saints enough to be up for them on Saturday and the atmosphere should reflect.

It''s never over until it''s over, lads. Just ask Carlisle''s fans from 2 seasons ago. 6pts clear of 3rd, 6 games left: fucked it up.

Having said that, better to be at the top looking down than anywhere else.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]

It''s never over until it''s over, lads. Just ask Carlisle''s fans from 2 seasons ago. 6pts clear of 3rd, 6 games left: fucked it up.

[/quote]Agreed.

F*ck that! We ARE going up. I know its ''too early'' and all that jazz but come on! We are far better than Charlton and Colchester (not arrogance- just comparing recent records). Had we not won on saturday then I maybe would be inclined to agree but we are just far too good for this league (leeds are as well).Charlton were woeful tonight.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="batesout MOT"]

[/quote]Agreed.[/quote]Agreed too.All this twaddle that chasing teams come out with all this stuff about pressure at the top, easier to come on with a late run, blah, blah, blah is just that........twaddle. There really is no better place than pole positionAgree too that it''s never over until it''s over. Leeds are probably feeling a bit twitchy after their last couple of failures to get back up but both they and Norwich will have to go some to mess this up now. 

[quote user="Ten Years Ahead Of His Time"]Charlton''s next 4 matches are:

Yeovil (H)

Brighton (H)

Southend (A)

Stockport (H)

They all look very winnable to me.

This is far from over.[/quote]Soton (H)Southend (H)Oldham (A)Yoevil (H)Ours are also pretty easy you would hope. Other than Soton, they arent hard at all. I can see 12 points from those. [Y] If anything, I reckon we will gain ground on Charlton.

Far from over. Remember Wolves 01/02? We are heavy favourites to go up, but anyone who thinks its in the bag is seriously under-estimating the unpredictability of football!

I''m now quietly confident but would never assume our promotion is a foregone conclusion. I won''t relax till it''s mathematically certain. But it has to be said that on current form I cannot see Charlton overhauling us. But Swindon are starting to look dangerous though and I''m not writing off Colchester or even Millwall. But the fact remains that we would need to blow up big time to fail now.

I think Swindopn is the dark horse that will come through. Leeds have only won 1 game in their last 5. Charlton looked "embarrassing" (taken from the charlton forums) and Colchester... they are also on that slippery slope. 9 points clear of 3rd place, colchester a possible 7 points behind with their game in hand.

Looking good to me.... so far

Hello Yoda lad, when we clinch promotion it will be a bit of an anti climax beacuase it will be a formality- will probably be 12 points clear with 4 games left. So enjoy the moment. Every point, every win, every goal. Every away game where you EXPECT to win. Every Saturday afternoon at the fortress where the best thing about the day is not the banter but the football for a change. Every canary call without doom and gloom. Every Saturday night looking forward to the football league show. Every hooly shimmy, Martin swagger and Holty stomp. Every monday morning where you go to work with pride. Every Monday night where you are hoping Southend get something playing on a sandbank but inside you know really the result dosen''t really matter because we are better than them. Enjoy being a big fish for a change - a shark even - with the minows cacking themselves when we come to town. We play badly and still win. We play well and we destroy. Enjoy life. This is as good as it gets!

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]F*ck that! We ARE going up. I know its ''too early'' and all that jazz but come on! We are far better than Charlton and Colchester (not arrogance- just comparing recent records). Had we not won on saturday then I maybe would be inclined to agree but we are just far too good for this league (leeds are as well).Charlton were woeful tonight.[/quote]

Swindon and millwall are probably the teams to watch out for though

However I think we will go up, or rather, if we throw this away I''ll be disappointed to say the least. Still got some tough games to play (Southampton, Huddersfield, Charlton, Leeds and Swindon) but if we beat all the "lesser" sides and pick up the odd point against those lot as we have been doing we''ll be fine