Sign in to follow this  
W-H

We only sing when we're winning!

What was all that about yesterday? Granted the ground was crap, we were sat 300yds from the pitch and it was freezing but the support was really poor with very few joining in with the singing. We started off pretty well for the first 10 mins and then it all petered out until Holt''s equalizer when suddenly people realised that we may get something out of the game.

Best chant of the day - "There''s only five of us singing!"

I was sat next to a bunch of muppets who kept arguing with each other and moaning that there was no atmosphere - what''s the point of going all that way and not support the team? We are always quick to criticise the team when they "don''t show up" but what about the fans?

I would love to know how you create "atmosphere" on scaffolding with no roof and no sides or back to the stand.It was bitterly cold and up until ten minutes from time it was the worst performance seen in weeks.As you rightly say the pitch was miles away and the facilities were a disgrace.I have been once before but did not realise how bad the whole set up is.

I find it incredible that a man who qualifies for a bus pass next year was searched and there was no discretion whatsoever.What the hell i was supposed to be carrying God above knows.Even if i was carrying anything offensive i would have had to have been the world javelin champion to get it anywhere near the pitch.

It was my eleventh away trip this season and the fans have always been superb but i must mention three idiots who sat near me.To the 35ish year old gentleman in Block X Row B Seat 5 just try watching the game instead of giving all your attention to the Brighton fans and are the only two songs you know "there is only one Simon Jordan" and "Are you Palce in disquise?".To the two 14ish year old lads in Block X Row B Seats 6 & 7,your mums would be proud of your homophobic chants about the Brighton players and fans plus the obscene language with two ladies sitting behind you.

Rant over.

[quote user="W-H"]

What was all that about yesterday? Granted the ground was crap, we were sat 300yds from the pitch and it was freezing but the support was really poor with very few joining in with the singing. We started off pretty well for the first 10 mins and then it all petered out until Holt''s equalizer when suddenly people realised that we may get something out of the game.

I was sat next to a bunch of muppets who kept arguing with each other and moaning that there was no atmosphere - what''s the point of going all that way and not support the team? We are always quick to criticise the team when they "don''t show up" but what about the fans?

[/quote]

Much the same as last week mate at Millwall, I kept saying it was like sitting in the Norwich & Peterborough....... Very Dead!!!! You''d think the amount of people that we take away with us we could make some noise.... COME ON GUYS, WHERE ARE YA..... LETS BE AVIN YA..... if this team is to go up!!!

To be fair, everything was against us generating atmosphere yesterday. When there is no roof on a stand it is really hard to get a crowd singing together. Couple that with the distance away from the pitch, the cold and what was not a very good first half performance from the team, it wasn''t really surprising. The stewards seemed over the top in getting us to sit down which seemed an insult given everything else we had to endure...poor facilities, portacabins. It was noticable as we finsihed strongly and got ahead, and the stewards relaxed their no standing approach, how our supporters were able to finish relatively strongly.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]To be fair, everything was against us generating atmosphere yesterday. When there is no roof on a stand it is really hard to get a crowd singing together. Couple that with the distance away from the pitch, the cold and what was not a very good first half performance from the team, it wasn''t really surprising. The stewards seemed over the top in getting us to sit down which seemed an insult given everything else we had to endure...poor facilities, portacabins. It was noticable as we finsihed strongly and got ahead, and the stewards relaxed their no standing approach, how our supporters were able to finish relatively strongly.[/quote]

ok so what about the week before at The Den.....  No excuses there... nearly 3000 fans

Same conditions at Stockport; no roof, poor facilities, although not so cold, but cracking atmosphere there! When the ground is crap we just need to try harder!

[quote user="W-H"]Same conditions at Stockport; no roof, poor facilities, although not so cold, but cracking atmosphere there! When the ground is crap we just need to try harder![/quote]I thought the atmosphere at Stockport was shocking, the roof just negated any attempt at getting chants going and most just gave up.

Gillingham wasa good atmosphere, despite the lack of a roof/being on scaffolding. Altough the sending off of FF did spur people on.

I suppose it depends where you are standing/sitting - at Stockport I was on the Left side of the block and it was really good. I agree that Gilllingham was good but yesterday it was silent at times (apart from the moaning & whinging).

[quote user="W-H"]Same conditions at Stockport; no roof, poor facilities, although not so cold, but cracking atmosphere there! When the ground is crap we just need to try harder![/quote]

Really? I thought the atmosphere was poor at Stockport, really hard to get going without a roof

"The judges were particularly impressed with the efforts clubs are

making to ensure away travel is more attractive for families, ensuring

they can enjoy the match together in a dedicated, safe, welcoming and

entertaining environment."saturday 3pm away games are more often than not rubbish for atmosphere now. too many jarrolders there. no conincidence night away games are usually much better

W-H you are a 1st class donut. do you really expect us to be in full voice? i mean like we had anything to chant about. quit your moaning

The biggest joke is that we can''t even hear one another chant on a cold

windy day without any roof, so getting something started is very tough.

Yes we did start well for the first ten minutes, but as soon as you''re

ordered to sit down and so literally can''t see anything or hear

anything you begin to almost feel like you''re in a library and so you

shouldn''t make any noise!! Even at the final whistle when we were all

chanting it still didn''t sound much, I wouldn''t be surprised if the

players couldn''t hear us much until they began to walk off the pitch

One thing I would say though is that I liked how they colour co-ordinated the balloons for us!

[quote user="W-H"]

[/quote]

Unfortunately this happens too often at City games, home and away. I don''t enjoy matches anywhere near as much when the atmosphere is flat. Sadly the old Norfolk reserve takes over at times (I''m Norfolk born and bred and so feel entitled to say this).

just cos they tell you to sit down doesnt mean you have to. not going to chuck everyone out.

True, but eventually they go and get the big beefy head security chap who then usually wades into the row to ''have a word'' with the assailant, causing much more of a disturbance and obstruction to the view than someone standing up, which in turn then causes more of a spectacle for the crowd than the match and so get''s in the way of the actual reason you''re there! We always try to stand for as long as we can and then prolonged times when the action hots up!

Worse than the stewards at Brighton was a city fan who was asking the steward to throw me out for standing.  I even offered to swap places with her but all I got was abuse. Eventually I sat down to give my ears a rest and she started on the bloody bloke next to me. I changed places with my daughter at half time who was sat across the walkway and the womans son was sat there and he started on me.

I can just about put up with grief from stewards but being nagged for 90 minutes by our own fans just isn''t on.

.....waits for attack from people insisting that stadium is all seated.....

That really is bad! There''s no pleasing some people though, good call to offer to swap but she seemed intent on ruining everyone''s game! I hope she just wasn''t making a joke out of it, we had a laugh when people down the front of the middle block stood up to let people walk passed and we in jest shouted ''sit down'' to them to mock the stewards! By the sounds of it, this woman would frown on such a joke!